No announcement yet.

Still craving pterodactyl...Kate's Primal Journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could never find the damned subscribed thread stuff! Thanks lady!
    Depression Lies

Comment

Originally posted by winencandy View Post
      Hi Kate.

Here's how to find your journal:
      While on your journal, there is a grey bar under your title. Click on the Thread Tools. Then click on Subscribe to this thread. It will take you to another page. Choose how you want to be notified (I choose instant notification through email for my own journal and through my control panel for the other journals I follow.)

Then when you are looking for your journal, sign in. At the top of the page, under the photo banner, there is a black bar. On the right it says Quick Links with a drop down arrow. Click on Subscribed Threads and it will be there...
      YOU are a doll, thank you!
      Best--
      Kate

Still Craving Pterodactyl--my Primal Blueprint blog

70 is the new 50--without the hot flashes!

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

So, New Year's Eve, and the first time in a LONG time we haven't been going to a party. Our friends moved away, and took the party with them! Funny, I should be feeling weird, having no particular place to go, but I find that I'm not...kind of peaceful, really. So what to plan for dinner...?

I don't do resolutions, per se. I DO take a walk on New Year's day, and have for decades, kind of "compass readings" to look at where I've been, the path I'm on, and what I might be doing in the future. I'm very pleased to be able to look ahead and KNOW I'm going to be able to stick with the plan, this year. No unrealistic diet goals, just doing what feels (on SO many levels) right for me. I'm very grateful to be here...

So looking forward to tomorrow's compass readings, though I don't even question the direction I'm heading. It's been a good year, overall. A lot of challenges, some ups and downs, but overall, better mentally, spiritually, and physically.
        Best--
        Kate

Goals: Feel good, be stronger, and hopefully kick that arthritis in the backside! Oh, yeah, and losing more weight would be okay, too.

Comment

Uh oh. Last night at the Chinese buffet there was a fresh batch of crisp fried shrimp. Usually I can ignore that, but they had JUST put them in the buffet line. All hot and brown...oh well, I ate a LOT of vegetables, some clams, some beef, a little chicken, and no (snif) crab rangoon....
          Best--
          Kate

Comment

Today's food was pretty simple...coffee, 2 slices of nitrate-and-nitrite-free bacon, one free range egg, an orange, a handful of sunflower seeds, a handful of raw baby carrots, and a bowl of chicken soup with organic vegetables.

I don't usually like breakfast early, but today we were working and I didn't actually get hungry till 1 or 2.
            Best--
            Kate

Comment

A lovely lunch out with friends, so I just had a little Greek yogurt with blueberries for breakfast. then BBQ (pulled pork) and sweet potato fries for lunch (and a dill pickle), and about 2/3 C. of leftover pulled pork and mustard greens with bacon grease for dinner. VERY satisfying. Having a hard cider now...
              Best--
              Kate

Comment

And I am SO going to be one of the success stories here. I think I already am. I feel better, I'm less stressed, my head is on straighter (as we used to say when dinosaurs roamed the earth), and my BP is good. I've lost 20 lbs. since September. Yep. Doing this.
                Best--
                Kate

Comment

Simple food again today! 3 thin slices of nitrite and nitrate free ham wrapped around yogurt cheese, Joseph's chili for a very late lunch...a handful of baby carrots and 3 celery sticks...

At the party in the evening, I ended up picking the meat off a couple of pizza slices, and eating a bunch of carrots, celery, and Joseph's healthy Gorgonzola dip, and three, count 'em, 3 potato chips. And oops, a shot of honey whiskey. GOOD but man was it sweet!
                  Last edited by Kate Ruckman; 01-07-2012, 03:25 PM. Reason: more info!
                  Best--
                  Kate

Comment

Good grief. It's almost 4:30 in the afternoon, and I've had one baby carrot, a handful of sunflower seeds, and a hardboiled egg and I'm just NOW getting hungry. We're having blackened catfish and parsnips for dinner, maybe some salad...Mmmmmm.
                    Best--
                    Kate

Comment

Delicious day...frittata for brunch, and a big chicken stir fry for dinner...
                      Best--
                      Kate

Comment

Oh my, I think I AM on the right track. Hadn't done my BMI index. Just did. Not good! 30?!?!? Down from 34.6 when I started, but still a long way to go...

However, I intend to take it, every step of the way.
                        Best--
                        Kate

Comment

Well, drat. Computer crashed...just finding my way back to everything...
                          Best--
                          Kate

Comment

Crashed computers suck! Glad you're back
                            "Be careful what you pretend to be because you are what you pretend to be." Kurt Vonnegut
                            "I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." Douglas Adams
                            "Moderation sucks." Suse
                            "Wine is a vegetable." Meaty
                            "Every decision you make, from what you eat to what you do with your time tonight, turns you into who you are tomorrow and the day after that." Cmdr Chris Hadfield

Winencandy

Comment

Thank you, me too! Not all the WAY back yet, still missing my address book, macros, videos, photos and more, but after working on it half the day yesterday and all day today, I'm almost back where i was....
                              Best--
                              Kate

Comment

I know, I know, it's not about the numbers...but DANG did I like the scale this morning. I'd been on a plateau for a while, and just dropped another 3 lbs or so. That makes about 25 since I started...not about the numbers, not about the numbers...

And besides, I FEEL good.
                                Best--
                                Kate

Comment

Working...
                                X