nuttmegs17 journal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nuttmegs17 View Post
    Got my first set of labs in. This was a hodge podge panel bundle from lapcorp "female hormone panel" that was on sale a bit ago

This was drawn on the 4th day of my cycle. Thank you for any input
    C-Reactive Protein, Cardiac 60.77 HIGH mg/L 0.00-3.00
    Fibrinogen Activity 424 HIGH mg/dL 193-423

Estradiol 56.9 pg/mL 01Adult Female:Follicular phase 12.5 - 166.0
    Testosterone, Serum 49 HIGH ng/dL 8-48 01
    Free Testosterone(Direct) 1.1 pg/mL 0.0-2.2 02
    DHEA-Sulfate 354.3 HIGH ug/dL 98.8-340.0

It would help to have
    pregnenolone
    progesterone

Last edited by JanSz; 12-20-2011, 04:25 PM.
    Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

River Neighbor:

Low T3 syndrome III: it’s all about inflammation
      Low T3 Syndrome IV: an autoimmune disease you’ve never heard of?

In the first he talks about leptin and thyroid and in the second he talks about autoimmune hypopituitarism....interesting

My doc is trigger happy with the predisone too so will want to ensure I understand everything that is going on.

Def sticking to the leptin protocol ...and autoimmune paleo protol until further notice...
      realthyroidhelp.com • View forum - Hypopituitary
      one of the best reference sites for hypopit out there. if you read the FAQ he lists all the appropriate tests etc

if you have ever been in a serious accident, hit your head badly or lost a ton of blood there is a possibility of hypopit.

Comment

double post

Comment

Originally posted by maile1 View Post
          realthyroidhelp.com • View forum - Hypopituitary
          one of the best reference sites for hypopit out there. if you read the FAQ he lists all the appropriate tests etc

if you have ever been in a serious accident, hit your head badly or lost a ton of blood there is a possibility of hypopit.

ok, don't think any of those apply to me then - no accident etc thank you for the references, I'll keep them handy

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...2345-1281.html

Posting this so I don't forget it (From Quelson on monster leptin thread)

VKiernan

Only a logical thinking person here. take what i say with a healthy dose of "i bet he has no clue"

#1 Time released. you dont NEED it but you do need to make certain you are getting "dosed" at least every 12 hours if not every 6. Why you ask? due to the action of the Deiodinases 1 and 3. both have lives measured in hours not minutes like Di2*. So while you want the action of Di1 all the time, you want to suppress the action of Di3 as much as possible.
            To my mind this also means that feedings need to be about 12 hours apart for maximal suppression of Di3. ( now how this argument will affect an IF of +12 I have no idea yet)

2. Reverse T3 Clearance. Ok so what leads to rT3 is conversion of t4 to rt3 and POSSIBLY the conversion of T2 to rT3 ( but I cannot confirm that). So you want to stop making t4. which means getting your pituitary to realize you dont need it. Labs will tell you is you have gotten your TSH low enough as your free t4 will drop and your t3 will be high.

So using my labs as an example you can see that i am dosing enough daily to suppress my pituitary making the T4. I still have a bit of T4 in my body and you can see it is being converted to rt3 with a vengeance. As my system is still wack and i am Keto and i personally know i am under eating ( insulin levels must fall) the body will see me needing a break/halt/slowdown and enforce the conversion. However my exogenous t3 is boosting my t3 levels to the upper ranges in both free and total.

The key will be deactivating the rt3 which is actually just thyroid hormone that is unused. it isn't blocking any action. It is telling you that you are in a condition of negative energy production, ie conservation, ie gaining.

So what we want is to have a method for returning the energy equation to balance. this is where the Di's come in to play. they ultimately control what your body does with Thyroid Hormone. Stimulate Di2 and suppress Di3 and you are golden... That means eat sufficient real food on a regular basis. get enough Selenium ( ultra critical, end of discussion, not optional, period) Zinc and Cobalt and cysteine protease for your body to work with.

Also know this work will not in happen in a vacuum and you must figure out which other parts of wack. for me that is
            Energy production, energy consumption, and reproductive hormones. Stress I have worked 5 years to manage and i feel i am optimal at stress management.

Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH) (0.47-5.01 uIU/mL) : 0.01

Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum (0.71-1.85 ) : 0.90
            Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum (2.0-4.4 pg/mL) : 3.9

Thyroxine (T4) (4.50-12.00 ug/dL) : 3.88
            Triiodothyronine (T3) (71-180 ng/dL ) : 127

Reverse T3 (90-350 pg/mL) : 329
            RT3 Ratio ( total t3 / rt3 ): 3.9

* to avoid confusion with Vitamin D3 I will attempt to use vD3 for the vitamin and Di# for the deiodinases. that way if i ever used them both in a sentence ( and watch , it is bound to happen just he other day i used exogenous AND De Novo without thinking)

Williams Textbook of endocrinology 12 edition
            Page 338.
            D2 has a half-life of only 20 to 30 minutes, whereas that of D1 and D3 is more than 12 hours. This is due to the rapid ubiquitination of D2, a process that is accelerated by interaction with its substrate T4 or rT3. D1 and D3 are not thought to be ubiquitinated.
            Interestingly, it has been demonstrated that leptin, an adipocyte-derived hormone that is diminished in food deprivation, modulates the 5′-deiodinases in different tissues depending on the energetic status (Cabanelas et al. 2006). Leptin was shown to exert direct peripheral effects on deiodinase activity, positively regulating liver, kidney, and pituitary D1 activity in fed animals (Cabanelas et al. 2006).
            Last edited by quelsen; 12-24-2011 at 10:00 AM.
            This is your last chance. After this, there is no turning back. You take the blue pill - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill - you stay in Wonderland and I show you how deep the rabbit-hole goes.

New body ongoing......
            Optimum Health ( phsyically , mentally, spitirually, emotionally ) powered by Actualized Self-Knowledge.
            quelsen@gmail.com

Comment

From JanZ:

As a woman, because of monthly menstrual cycle you would want to make adjustments on day 3-4 first (minimums), and on day 19-21 (maximums) second.

We are assuming that there is only four hormones that are variable (LH & FSH) & (progesterone & estrogens/estradiol)
              The other Steroid hormones that we will be watching are assumed to be about steady.
              Well, there is a Cortisol, it varies over 24hr

We do not have much influence on LH & FSH

Will be checking this list using blood testing

draw blood at LabCorp on day 3-4
              pregnenolone
              progesterone
              DHEAs
              androstenedione
              testosterone
              testosterone, free
              estradiol
              estrone
              DHT
              cortisol (8AM, 11:30AM, 2:30PM)

////////////////////

draw blood at LabCorp on day 19-21
              pregnenolone
              progesterone
              DHEAs
              estradiol
              estrone
              cortisol (8AM, 11:30AM, 2:30PM)

If you want add thyroid checking, add

TSH
              TT4
              FT4
              TT3
              FT3
              RT3
              thyroid antibodies

There are many other tests

very important

fasting insulin
              HgbA1c
              (CRP), High Sensitivity

there is still lots of tests that one should do at least from time to time.

LabCorp have their Sensitive 140244 that is most often reliable (Estrogen)
              Last edited by nuttmegs17; 12-27-2011, 10:12 AM.

Comment

Saying "low" is not precise description and it gives only little information (with thirst for more)
                It was low at the time that you measured cortisol around 8AM, that is the only sure information.
                You may want to know
                a--its 24 hr profile (more data points required)
                b--how much cortisol you have made over 24 hrs

1---Screwed up Circadian Rhytm
                2---Missing micronutrients
                3---Missing building material, lack of up-stream hormones that are used to produce Cortisol.

re--1 use dr Kruse's BAB and the rest of his work
                re--2 & 3 tests below:

Spectracell Comprehensive Nutritional Panel

Essential & Metabolic Fatty Acids Analysis (EMFA) by Genova Diagnostics

The list below is my overall list of tests that I frequently use.
                We can discus subset of it to be used for some particular investigation.

LONG LIST for LabCorp

1 ------- 11-Deoxycortisol
                2 ------- 17α-Hydroxypregnenolone by HPLC-MS/MS
                3 ------- 17α-Hydroxyprogesterone by HPLC-MS/MS
                4 ------- Androstenedione by RIA
                5 ------- Cortisol, Free, Serum (Free Cortisol, Serum Cortisol, CBG)
                6 ------- Deoxycorticosterone (DOC), Serum
                7 ------- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA)
                8 ------- Progesterone
                9 ------- Testosterone, Total by HPLCMS/MS
                10 ------- Estradiol by HPLC-MS/MS
                11 ------- Estradiol, Free by HPLC-MS/MS
                12 ------- Estradiol,*Sensitive 140244*
                13 ------- Estrone, Serum
                14 ------- SHBG
                15 ------- Dihydrotestosterone
                16 ------- 5α-Androstane-3α, 17β-Diol Glucuronide, Serum
                17 ------- Pregnenolone
                18 ------- Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) Sulfate
                19 ------- Renin Activity and Aldosterone
                20 ------- Cortisol, Three Specimens (7:30AM, 12PM, 2:30PM)
                21 ------- Corticosteroid-binding Globulin (CBG), Transcortin
                22 ------- Adrenocorticotropic Hormone (ACTH), Plasma
                23 ------- Corticotropin Releasing Hormone (CRH)
                24 ------- Metabolic Panel (14), Comprehensive
                25 ------- Complete Blood Count (CBC) With Differential
                26 ------- NMR LipoProfileŽ
                27 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3)
                28 ------- Triiodothyronine (T3), Free, Serum
                29 ------- Reverse T3
                30 ------- T3 Uptake
                31 ------- Thyroxine (T4)
                32 ------- Thyroxine (T4), Free, Direct, Serum
                33 ------- Thyroid-stimulating Hormone (TSH)
                34 ------- Thyroid Antibodies
                35 ------- Thyroglobulin, Quantitative
                36 ------- Prolactin
                37 ------- IGF-1
                38 ------- IGFBP3
                39 ------- Ferritin
                40 ------- Insulin, serum
                41 ------- HgA1c
                42 ------- C-Reactive Protein (CRP), High Sensitivity (Cardiac Risk Assessment)
                43 ------- Selenium, Whole Blood
                44 ------- Copper, serum
                45 ------- Zinc
                46 ------- Magnesium, RBC
                47 ------- Potassium, RBC
                48 ------- Iodine
                49 ------- Fibrinogen
                50 ------- Homocysteine, cardio
                51 ------- Lipoprotein (A) Lp(A)
                52 ------- Coenzyme Q10 (198268)
                53 -------
                ------- ------- ------- ------- ------- -------
                244.90 /// 255.80 /// 783.90
                250.00 /// 272.40 /// 788.41
                250.01 /// 759.89 ///
                253.30 /// 780.40 /// 257.20
                255.40 /// 780.79 /// 601.90

Comment

got my cortisol tests results back. would love input. i attribute the decent morning cortisol to the LR. Before the result it was very hard to get up and after being on it a few weeks (at the time of the test below) I found i was waking up much more easily and no longer sleeping in on the weekends. However this week has not been ideal - sleep has been wonky due to family stress. Again, looking forward to going home and getting back to "normal"

Please take a look - thoughts? I look low the rest of the day...is this super low or just normal? What should i look to do. i am going to fax this to my doc but again just want to educate myself. thanks!

Hormone Test Level Range
                  Cortisol Morning (saliva) 7.1 3.7-9.5
                  Cortisol Noon (saliva) 1.3 1.2-3.0
                  Cortisol Evening (saliva) 0.6 0.6-1.9
                  Cortisol Night (saliva) 0.4 0.4-1.0

Comment

got my cortisol tests results back. would love input. i attribute the decent morning cortisol to the LR. Before the result it was very hard to get up and after being on it a few weeks (at the time of the test below) I found i was waking up much more easily and no longer sleeping in on the weekends. However this week has not been ideal - sleep has been wonky due to family stress. Again, looking forward to going home and getting back to "normal"

Please take a look - thoughts? I look low the rest of the day...is this super low or just normal? What should i look to do. i am going to fax this to my doc but again just want to educate myself. thanks!

Hormone Test Level Range
                    Cortisol Morning (saliva) 7.1 3.7-9.5
                    Cortisol Noon (saliva) 1.3 1.2-3.0
                    Cortisol Evening (saliva) 0.6 0.6-1.9
                    Cortisol Night (saliva) 0.4 0.4-1.0

draw blood at LabCorp on day 3-4

do tests as listed on post #21

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...ml#post6614124

also from post #22

Leptin For Dummies http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...tml#post595567

Comment

Shijin's Adrenal info

I treated my adrenal/cortisol issues w/ Maca, L-theanine, Rohiodila, B complex, high potency vitamin C, and apex energetics adaptocrine. - I also focused on the meal timing and stopped all exercise. when I started working on my adrenals/cortisol - I had most of the LS symptoms... so by just focusing on what needed to be fixed...I began to make progresss

Comment

FROM KKCARLTON

Have you gotten a CD57? I was sick for years, was even told by doctors to take Prozac because it's all in my head. Went to see an Infectious Disease doc for parasites and he gave me an RX for Prozac as well. Finally I asked my doctor, who supposedly is an LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) to run a CD57. These are killer cells and if they are really low it indicates chronic Lyme. Sure enough, the normal range is 60 to 350 (some say 100 to 350) and mine was 20. Anything below 20 is considered serious illness. So then he ran the Igenex Western Blot for Lyme which came back positive on several bands. I also asked him to look for co-infections and I have Babesia - a parasite.

Anyway, the CD57 can be used once you start treatment for Lyme. The numbers should go up if the treatment is working. But you can also use it to see if you have Lyme before running the more expensive Western Blot with Igenex.

Not saying you have Lyme, although it IS very prevalent in the US, but keep digging and keep doing your own research. You will eventually find the answers.

Comment

From digital surgeon (DR K):

It can mean PCOS or it could be mold exposure or a neurotoxin disease.......which is not good because it requires a serious hack.

nutmeg I think you need a deep biohack.......I have been wondering if you have something else based on the labs you posted........ou might want to consider an alpha MSH level and C4a complement screen.......if that comes back positive it would explain your adrenal fatigue completely. but the real answer still would require a deep hack. I have not written about this stuff yet but its coming in 2012........adrenal fatigue cases that last too long maybe related to other issues...........

Comment

Metametrix Chemistries Profile-MM KIT

https://www.directlabs.com/Default.a...en-US&tabid=55

Comment

Tests to request from my doc

pregnenolone
                              progesterone
                              DHEAs
                              androstenedione
                              testosterone
                              testosterone, free
                              estradiol
                              estrone
                              c-reactive protein
                              a1c

CD57 - lyme disease or indicative of a parasite?
                              alpha MSH level and C4a complement screen

Hypo-pituitary problems ?

any test that might point to secondary or primary adrenal fatigue:
                              serum ACTH
                              ACTH stimulation test
                              once i'm on HC I can't test accurately for these anymore.

Comment

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum...2345-1354.html
                                Originally Posted by DigitalSurgeon
                                nutmeg I think you need a deep biohack.......I have been wondering if you have something else based on the labs you posted........ou might want to consider an alpha MSH level and C4a complement screen.......if that comes back positive it would explain your adrenal fatigue completely. but the real answer still would require a deep hack. I have not written about this stuff yet but its coming in 2012........adrenal fatigue cases that last too long maybe related to other issues...........

later:
                                It can mean PCOS or it could be mold exposure or a neurotoxin disease.......which is not good because it requires a serious hack.

later
                                HEY LYME DISEASE, MEET LEPTIN! - Jack Kruse

for you nutmeg.....you motivated me to write it. You owe me now........lol

Now back to the book.

I bet Colleen's eyes will open up with this post. I dont think her hormone issues solved her FM. I think she cleared it herself because she was not HLA DR positive. Her Dr. D got lucky and treated the underlying Alpha MSH and leptin problem like a blind squirrel finds a nut every so often.

fix leptin PCOS goes bye bye

from kkcarlton:
                                Have you gotten a CD57? I was sick for years, was even told by doctors to take Prozac because it's all in my head. Went to see an Infectious Disease doc for parasites and he gave me an RX for Prozac as well. Finally I asked my doctor, who supposedly is an LLMD (Lyme Literate MD) to run a CD57. These are killer cells and if they are really low it indicates chronic Lyme. Sure enough, the normal range is 60 to 350 (some say 100 to 350) and mine was 20. Anything below 20 is considered serious illness. So then he ran the Igenex Western Blot for Lyme which came back positive on several bands. I also asked him to look for co-infections and I have Babesia - a parasite.

Anyway, the CD57 can be used once you start treatment for Lyme. The numbers should go up if the treatment is working. But you can also use it to see if you have Lyme before running the more expensive Western Blot with Igenex.

Not saying you have Lyme, although it IS very prevalent in the US, but keep digging and keep doing your own research. You will eventually find the answers.

Comment

Working...
                                X