Primal Journal (LostinthePines)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BF gound beef patty, coco manna, 2 sm brazil nuts
    Lunch Indian food out, no naan but after I had eaten a few wings, I wondered if they were breaded. feel ok, though. Haven't been there since November and then when I did, the last several times I felt awful afterward. I think my gut is healing, not that I will intentionally eat grains again, but good to know they don't make me sick any more.
    Dinner bone broth
    Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-02-2012, 05:09 PM.

Comment

179 interesing FBS 82
      BF GF Ribeye, coco manna
      Lunch sashimi (salmon) pickled ginger, 85% chocolate, kale chips (went to whole foods--Austin)
      dinner few raw veggies, more kale chips and chocolate, coco manna
      Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-03-2012, 05:28 PM.

Comment

177.6 woo-hoo! did a salt load this am. i had intuitively been doing something similar when i remembered--adding up to 1/2 tsp sea salt to a big glass of water when i woke up. really energizing. I've slept trough the night 3 times this week. probably would have last night except there was a thunderstorm that woke me up. yay!

BF 8 oz salmon, sm beef patty 8-ish
        Lunch STARVING, had to eat at 1, was hoping i'd get to 2 or 3; can sardines, bacon (lots) dark choolate
        Dinner T coco manna, mostly oil
        Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-04-2012, 07:07 PM.

Comment

177.6 woke up a couple of times last night, room got cold. into the 30's last night.
          BF: smallish GF rib eye cooked in coco oil, 3 strips bacon, 3/4 c broccoli w/ ghee, 2 sm brazil nuts, 3/4" slice local organic orange, coco manna, green tea. trying to eat enough to get me into mid-afternoon
          BS 1 hr PP 91 (not sure what the orange will do)
          BS 2 hr PP 89
          Was hungry within 2 hours of eating breakfast
          Lunch shrimp cooked in CO and ghee, bacon, broccoli, 1/4 c sweet potato w/ ghee 85% chocolate
          Dinner (really hungry again) 4 oz gf ground beef patty cooked in CO. Big spoon of CO w/ a little manna, 2 brazil nuts

Cooked pastured chicken bones in crock pot (24+ hrs) with a piece of kombu dropped in for a while near the end. Sea salt and a little thyme. Will add CO as I eat it.

Getting hungry about 2 hours after eating. The weight is dropping slowly so I think it's legitimate hunger, but not sure why it has kicked up now. I had no appetite, really, until this last week. I seem to want carbs, but not junk. Going for sweet potato and dark chocolate. Also, this last week I slept throught the night 3 times and have been warming up. I have taken my sweater off at work (unusual) and also am not wearing my heavy sweater and socks to bed.
          Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-05-2012, 05:04 PM.

Comment

BF GF burger patty, sausage
            Lunch sausage broccoli swt potato w/ ghee & cinnamon
            Dinner gluten free buffalo wings w/ a little bit of ranch dressing, few celery sticks.

Comment

BF GF burger patty, sausage
              Lunch burger patty, broccoli and 1/4 c swt potato, both with ghee
              Dinner chicken broth, fat removed, burger patty

Comment

Breakfast 4:30am: 8 oz GF beef patty
                Lunch 12:00pm: med chicken thigh, box frozen Cascadian Farms green beans, minus the almonds, 4 sm brazil nuts
                Dinner 4:00pm: lg chicken thigh, 1/3 c kraut, tsp CO/manna

Comment

FBS 85
                  BF 4:45 8 oz GF ground beef patty, 3 sm brazil nuts
                  Lunch med chicken thigh, bubbies pickle & 1/4 c kraut, mixed veggies, 1/2 pt blackberries
                  Dinner sm chicken thigh, 1/2 pt. blackberries
                  Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-14-2012, 04:43 PM.

Comment

176.8 FBG 83
                    Breakfast 4:30 4 oz each pork sausage and gf beef patty
                    Lunch chicken tortilla salad minus the tortillas--Hang Town Grill
                    Dinner none, not hungry
                    Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-17-2012, 04:56 AM.

Comment

175.6 yay! FBS 84 Went to bed around 8, woke up at 4:30
                      Breakfast 4-5 oz GF ground beef patty, 3-4 oz pork sausage, 2 brazil nuts
                      lunch shrimp and scallops cooked in CO and ghee, kraut, 1 bubbies pickle
                      dinner conventional rib eye. no gf available so I bought a couple of packages of small rib eyes from the store. froze most of them and will eat occasionally when I run out of GF.
                      Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-18-2012, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Wow, LostinthePines, you're doing great! I've just read through your journal and it's got such an inspiring onward momentum. None of the waffling and waivering that I seem to persistently go through.

Just a friendly hello from another one in the Pines. :-) Keep with it!
                        Well and happy - Journalling a primal life in London

Comment

Originally posted by Pineneedles View Post
                          Wow, LostinthePines, you're doing great! I've just read through your journal and it's got such an inspiring onward momentum. None of the waffling and waivering that I seem to persistently go through.

Just a friendly hello from another one in the Pines. :-) Keep with it!
                          Seriously! Onward ...
                          Starting weight: 225
                          Current weight: 195
                          Goal: One pull-up by December 31, 2012
                          Method: Schwarzbein Principle II, program for insulin sensitive/burned-out adrenals
                          My Primal Journey

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Comment

Thanks, guys, for stopping by and for the encouragement! It helps, even when things are going well. I ran out of good GF beef and ate conventional last night and this morning and really don't feel great. Lesson learned. Maybe one meal once in a while in a pinch, not 2 meals in a row. And I fried them in GF tallow!

BF conventional rib eye fried in GF tallow, kraut, 1 Bubbies pickle, 2 brazil nuts
                            Lunch Quesedilla explosion salad minus the tortilla strips and quesedillas, chilis. Forgot there was corn and beans in it, tried to pick them out but every now and then I'd hit a disgustingly sweet spot and finally figured out it was the corn. ugh, lol.
                            Dinner salmon and scallops cooked in CO and ghee. box Cascadian org. green beans, minus the almond slivers, with ghee. finally made some primal bark, had a piece of that. 3 bars Green & Blacks 85% dark, several blobs of CO, maybe 1/2 c shredded coconut, some chopped mac nuts. pretty good!

Put some ice packs on my belly, butt and thighs for a while. No problem at all, think I might try a bath tomorrow. maybe.... we'll see......
                            Last edited by LostinthePines; 02-18-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Yikes, missed a few days, but keep on keeping on.

BF free range pork spare ribs, CO
                              Lunch mac nuts, bag of potato chips from vending maching. didn't have anything and couldn't leave to get something
                              Dinner more ribs, CO, primal bark.

Not a very nutritious day!

Comment

174.8 Very interesting. I've been hovering in the 175s for a while. Interesting because I went to an Itailian restaurant last night. I had lamb & okra stew. Not much lamb, of course, lots of okra and roasted tomatoes over rice. Left most of it behind but ate all the meat and picked at the rest. I woke up about 2-3 hours after going to bed STARVING. I tried to ignore it but after 2 hrs had a little bit of uncured pepperoni because that is all the meat I had available. That finally let me get back to sleep. I checked my blood sugar just before eating that and it was 81. My hip joints are achy, too.

Have to work out the starch/blood sugar thing. It doesn't make sense to me that our body produces amylase if we aren't supposed to eat it. Will try again today with sm amount of sweet potato at lunch and check my blood sugar.

FBS 94 hmmm must be a cortisol thing.
                                BF conv. rib eye cooked in gf tallow, 1 c broccoli w/ ghee, 2 brazil nuts

Comment

Working...
                                X