• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weight: 173 Pounds
    Height: 5'11"
    BMI: 23
    Total Weight Loss: 34 pounds
    Primal Weigh Loss: 21 pounds

So, its been a while. I've been going strong in the primal way of life for more than a year now, and it truly is a lifestyle and not something i consider a diet. During the last 6 months i've lost another 5 pounds or so, and i don't really consider myself to be "trying to lose weight." I eat heartily, i drink plenty of red wine, and i even have more ice cream than i should.

Nevertheless, I have gone from a person teetering on the edge of Obesity to one who is now normal weight and getting on the edge of "svelte". Two years ago I had tried a bunch of different diets, made almost no progress, and was worried that i was on an unstoppable path toward typical american fatness. Now, I unquestionably believe I will live this lifestyle for the rest of my life, and will keep a moderate body weight the rest of my life, all with giving it little sacrifice.

Two months from turning 40, and i think its quite feasible i will break back into the 160's, which is where i was in my mid-20s and is about my lowest adult bodyweight. But, i'm not pushing to hit that number on any timeframe...i'll either lose weight, or i won't. My current weight could clearly be lower but I am content at this level should my current lifestyle not foster further losses...I am not interested in actually dieting to push my weight down below the current level.

Cheers,
    HB

Comment

Let's just title this response "I ABSOLUTELY SUCK"

Back in the spring I was killing it.....training for a half marathon and hitting low weights I hadn't seen since my 20's.

I began carbing up for my half marathon (which was totally unnecessary by the way), and pretty much kept carbing after the race was done. About 4 days after the race my wife had our 3rd baby, and I have been in sleep deprivation mode since then.

Sleep deprivation means:

- no motivation
      - no exercise
      - less time to prepare healthy meals (and more ordering in!)

The results have been devastating. I weighed in last Monday with the following stats:

Weight: 190 Pounds
      Height: 5'11"
      BMI: 26.5
      Total Weight Gain from Trough: 17 pounds

Back to within about 5 pounds of when I started primal in the first place. The most shocking thing was how quickly i gained 15 pounds, and I really haven't been eating THAT bad and still somewhat primal most of the time. I think going from 20+ miles run per week to zero may have been the bigger catalyst.

Anywhoo, last Monday I started a primal three week hard core challenge, and we shall start this whole thing over again. Having done this with ease before, I have a high level of confidence that I can be back into a healthy weight range by the end of the three week period (healthy = 179 or less).

Let this be a lesson to you people -- don't have babies.

HB

Comment

Working...
      X