No announcement yet.

The Girl in White Tiger Field

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

onalark: Okay I'll take what you said into consideration. I acknowledge that I'm partly lazy (and more so because I lack much energy and feel fatigued.) I guess I'm also suffering from a bit of mental fatigue from major information overload. I've been taking it a lot about primal/paleo so I either need to step back or try to chill while still trying to find a system that works.

(I hope to get a job as a paraprofessional/teacher's aid soon so that would be helpful. Ultimately not the job of choice but hella better than McD's or Walmart.)

I thank you for the encouragement despite my grousing.
    My ultimate goal is to try and do this for a month and see how it helps...(not exactly the best time of year to try this though.)
    F|26yr|5'3"
    1st Start: 8.25.12
    SW: 151 CW: 147 GW: -150
    HW: 195

Comment

Will I never learn?
      Last night was spent feeling pretty nauseous, from consuming a lot of sugar I'm sure.
      I don't exactly want to eat the stuff. I don't know if I'm actually just having monster cravings or if I'm genuinely hungry for something else that I get. Seems like every morning I get up wanting cereal or juice, but we don't have milk in the house (despite still having cereal which my family tends to eat dry.) If we did I'd be all over that cereal. Still, we always seem to have cookies...and I pop those like an addict pops pills but I always regret even though I know they're bad. I don't eat them with pleasure..which sucks and makes them barely worth the 2-3 bites of pleasure.

I wish I had access to a Whole Foods, Trader Joe's or even a decent farmer's market. We have one in our small town behind the courthouse but there were only two people selling a small amount of vegetables and there was really no way to tell if it would have been any cheaper to get them there or at the chain grocery store.

And I'd like to know how one is able to stand so much meat. Seriously. I tend to get sick of it at times. I suppose varying the type of meat helps but still. Maybe it's supposed to make me feel like this. Is this satiety kicking in? I don't mind eating meat but when you're coming from having two out of three of your meals being grain based it's weird.
      Last edited by Byakko; 12-07-2011, 10:28 AM.
      F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

It doesn't have to be so much meat. I eat between 2 and 3lbs of mostly red meat a day with some chicken or pork thrown in just for the heck of it. You might want to try eating less meat but add in a lot more vegetables to help satiate. You can also add butter, olive oil or coconut oil when you eat to help satiate as well.
        It takes some time to transfer over (I have been eating more or less like this for the last 10 years, so I can't really say much) especially if you are used to eating all those grain based meals. Hang in there, it will get better.
        People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

IcarianVX: You may have a point. I know that meat alone often isn't enough, despite that heavy feeling I usually get after eating it. I will also try adding fat. I use olive oil mostly right now but I bought some unsalted butter (I'm still not sure which kind is the "primal" standard. We have now KerryGold here.)

I'll just be glad when I can get rid of this nagging feeling to snack all the day long.
          F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Had a decent dinner of salmon and spinach...but I really need to control cravings. They're kicking my butt.
            It's probably not good to just diagnose myself but I think I'm a binger. I eat food despite having had a decent filling meal and aside from the small moments when I initially eat another piece of food, I regret doing it and rarely enjoy it. I've even started cheating with foods I haven't had in ages. No, this has to get under control.
            F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Originally posted by Byakko View Post
              Had a decent dinner of salmon and spinach...but I really need to control cravings. They're kicking my butt.
              It's probably not good to just diagnose myself but I think I'm a binger. I eat food despite having had a decent filling meal and aside from the small moments when I initially eat another piece of food, I regret doing it and rarely enjoy it. I've even started cheating with foods I haven't had in ages. No, this has to get under control.
              What do you do after you eat? I usually find myself willing to eat more (a lot more) if I don't keep both my mind and my hands busy. Reading or watching a movie never works for me.
              People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Comment

IcarianVX: I hate TV tbh. I try to read and sometimes it works.
                I'm not what you'd call an outdoorsy person, though I enjoy being outside and taking in nature.
                Most of my hobbies involved being indoors or at a desk.
                I draw mostly, but I like to take photos.

As for activities I'm into yoga and belly dancing (but yoga atm.)
                The most rigorous activity I don't mind doing is pilates.
                F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Kind of derailed big time. It's like there's barely anything for me to eat now..once again.
                  Probably more half starved than before.
                  F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Kind of derailed big time. It's like there's barely anything for me to eat now..once again.
                    Probably more half starved than before.
                    F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Tomorrow is a new year.
                      A new chance at everything awaits me.

Even if I can't be perfect, I'll do what I can.
                      F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Interestin g....I had the same epiphany as you...and have in the past suffered from what is known as IBS....
                        You are on the right path.

I have dealt with the conflict of "eating animals"...and dealing with foods I preferred (everything non primal). Until I realized I preferred junk because I was raised on it...and am addicted to it. Very different from eating to live...to feel healthy and strong.

Good luck on your journey. I believe we are all on the right path!

Start Date/Weight: December 6, 2011 - 203 lbs

Comment

tinawalker: Yeah. My problem is my self control is on an all time low. Although I may not always remember, I have been able to do some things I thought I'd never be able to. So if I just try and put my mind to it and have more discipline and consideration for my health, maybe I can get there.

This primal/paleo way of eating made sense to me because the things I wanted most were probably bad for me. It's amazing how I've relapsed into eating things I haven't eaten in years. It's because I know I'm having to give up what I used to eat. I should stop whining and crying about what I can't have. What I can't have is bad for me anyway, so why am I so miserable? It's not like I have to live off things I don't like. I like fruit, I like vegetables, I like meat. So...yeah. I don't know where this forlorn attitude of mine has come from. I gotta refocus.

Ultimately I hope tomorrow is the first day of a new beginning. And I also hope that if I am successful my success can be inspiration for my family.
                          F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

First day of trying to be serious and I've failed already.

B: 4 small Mrs. Fields (breaded) fish sticks (mom had already prepared them and I was too lazy to cook something else and didn't want to be rude.) Then later I had a banana, thinking that the fish sticks would not fill me up.

Snack: 5 whole pecans

L: Left overs (chicken, kale, red peppers cooked in coconut oil)

Then I cheated with a cone of Bryer's chocolate and vanilla ice cream. Followed by two small Reese's candies. (My grandmother is like the witch from Hansel and Gretal. She keeps a huge stock pile of candy. I'm going to say right now that I tried to resist. But I felt very angry and agitated. I tried distracting myself with reading but it didn't work. I kept shaking. I ate a very generous sized portion lunch with water...so I know that I wasn't hungry. I craved. Still it didn't make it any easier.

D: I will probably have what's rest of the left overs I had for lunch. And maybe an apple or orange for dessert.

I will try not to let this get me down but resisting those foods was very difficult and borderline painful.
                            Last edited by Byakko; 01-01-2012, 05:14 PM.
                            F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

I'm not sure if I can do this cold turkey. I've not been able to stick with anything. Seems like the more dogged and determined I am, the harder I fall. I want to do this all in one go. I feel like I'd feel and see more results. But planning is still an issue.

Well if I get nothing else right, I'll try to drink only water from now on.
                              F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

B: 2 eggs w/ dill, sea salt and black pepper. Cooked in coconut oil
                                L:
                                D:
                                F|26yr|5'3"

Comment

Working...
                                X