No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am seriously thinking about going to a weekly weigh in on Saturdays. I'm beginning to hate my scale.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I will admit my addiction to a daily weigh in and not even try to pretend that I will even consider a weekly weigh in. Once the time has passed for the morning weigh in you can never get that data point back. It haunts me.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I do not like to see anything but a lower number when I weigh, however, there is a benefit of weighing everyday. If the number is higher I can reflect on my eating patterns or specific foods. It is amazing the bounce of numbers.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I also find the daily number is not as important as if you are doing a less frequent weigh in. But that is just me.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You are right. I have had binges that were caused by working hard all week and then not seeing the right number on the scale.
            I guess I am tied to that biyatch daily for the time being.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I'm still up in the air about the entire thing.

Matt pointed out that I had more sodium on Sunday than usual. Of course, I turned around and had quite a bit at lunch today (and a few potatoes...) and though dinner is going to be at home, it's also higher sodium than usual. One of the guys I work with is visiting from our home office and is coming over for dinner. It's easier for me to control things that way, although I'll make something I can eat (no glutten or dairy for sure!), but it's not as low sodium as I'd like. Of course, if it's just water, it will come out, so I'm not going to stress over it. Life continues and I can't put it on hold for the next 6 months or so I can chug the ACV tomorrow like crazy Also, a vegetarian friend is coming for dinner, so I'm going to make him sweet potato black bean enchiladas (glutten free corn tortilla since the family will likely eat the leftovers).

Was driving my boss to airport and my water spilled all over her. I sure do know how to impress...
              -- Ruth

Comment

• OMG, hope she has a sense of humor!

One of the beauties of tracking is that when you see a number go up, you can go back and say, wow, look at all that sodium. It is of course the times when I can't explain a number going up that are frustrating!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  OMG, hope she has a sense of humor!

One of the beauties of tracking is that when you see a number go up, you can go back and say, wow, look at all that sodium. It is of course the times when I can't explain a number going up that are frustrating!
                  +1 so true
                  Karin

Comment

• Yes, my boss took the whole thing in stride. She's a good boss (in general, not just about this).

164.5. Down 1/2 from yesterday, still up from my lowest weight on Friday. This is not unexpected given yesterday. I hope, though, that this is not a maintenance week. I'll keep working at it...though I travel for work Thursday and Friday (darn it). My biggest plan today: lots of fluid and ACV for the sodium. Plenty of veggies and quality protein.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• 164.5. Again. Up .5 from my weigh in a week ago tomorrow. I'm frustrated. I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually. But I was still disappointed

Off to Santa Fe and then Texas. It will be difficult to get my fluids in with all of the driving, but I will try my best. I won't have complete control over food (staff Christmas party being one event), but I'm going to stay in the Residence Inn and cook what I can.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• hold those thoughts... "I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually"

Remember this, noone knows what the number on the scale said until you tell them. How much you weigh is not nearly as important as what you feel like and therefore allow yourself to look like. The scale is one, highly inaccurate, piece of information that happens to be the easiest piece to access. See the number, decide if it is telling you anything of importance, fix it if it is, then move on.

Ok that was as much for me as for you (and for Paula too!), so have a great trip, the best you can do is the best you can do.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Ugh! That darn scale! I hear you on the frustration. It almost sent me into a tailspin this morning. Hope you have a good trip.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            I know the scale is but one measure of progress. I know my measurements have gone down. I know I'm doing the right thing. I will continue on. The scale will catch up with me eventually. .
                            love this.. just might steal it! LOL
                            Karin

Comment

• what is the power the scale has??? Its an inanimate object! I get sucked in too. Have a safe trip and like Chris said, all you can do is all you can do. Nothing to beat yourself up over.
                              Karin

Comment

• 162.5. I swear, I almost took a picture Don't know when the last time I saw this weight. I'm sure it will bounce, but I'm happy with it.

It feels like an eternity since I've been on here, although it's only been 3 days. It was a busy trip and I didn't get home until yesterday. I didn't do as good as I planned, but I did well overall. I'm mostly dehydrated - I feel it even now. I did spectacular at our holiday party (although I suffered from food boredom). Dried turkey, iceberg lettuce with a few tomato slices, and plain green beans (brought especially for me by a friend - he wanted to make sure I had something to eat! The other "stuff" was not tempting.

I feel like I need a little more fat and/or calories. I've been pretty low calorie, in large part because the roasts I have in my freezer right now are very lean. I'm getting between 800-1000 calories per day, which is lower than I need. That's okay if I'm not hungry (which I'm not), but I think I need to toss a fattier cut in every few days. I got home yesterday and felt like I could binge. I had a planned high fat snack - toasted coconut flakes. I seriously took the time to consider what I was going to have. Decided I didn't want anything sweet, because I've broken that connection again (I've had NO sweet cravings). Didn't want pork rinds because of the sodium. No nuts, because I can't stop. The toasted coconut was awesome. Might be a new favorite. I didn't ever really miss cereal, but this could certainly make up for it if I did!

Better stop rambling and some stuff done. Missed being around here
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X