No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll be watching to see how your second week goes. Good luck with the travel challenges. I have been tracking my weight, even though I got into this for non-weight reasons. I think my results are atypical though, due to where in my cycle I am, so I'm going to resist posting numbers for a while. I am surprised that you didn't go down a little after the down days, though, even if you went back up. But then, it wasn't that straightforward for me, either. Be interesting to see what happens now that you are 'broke in'.

Comment

• Here's my thinking on calories. Eat as much as you can and still lose weight. I've tried higher cal, even with a NK framework, and all I did was gain weight that was hard to lose. I need lower calories to lose. It helps to have a better composition of food, but I still need less. Maybe it's because I have a desk job and don't get much activity. I wish I could eat as much as others, but I can't. Paleobird, who is taller than me, said something like she was eating 1200-1400 calories per day while losing. That tells me that my 1000-1200 is probably okay, as long as I focus on nutrition (it's hard though, when other people can each more and not as strict).

We shall see if I manage to lose any weight on JUDDD or not. It's almost too much to be hopeful - since most things don't seem to work for me But, I'm bound and determined to lose this for good, so I'll keep trying!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Do you remember the title of the post on lowcarbfriends for the lady who is doing many 35-calorie meals throughout the day? I've looked, but nothing pops out at me.

Comment

• Crud. I read so much. Let me see if I can find it....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• 162. That's a GREAT number coming after my UD. Hopefully the scale starts trending down. I'm a little nervous for my DD today -- driving with DH and not as many liquids (because we won't stop much!). I'm excited to see Karin & I LOVE road trips, especially with DH, where I have him trapped in a car (and the cell service is terrible) and he's all mine and he has to have the kind of conversation I like. He he.

Sabine - couldn't find the thread last night, but will keep looking. Unfortunately, I won't get much time this weekend with my CO trip.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Unfortunately my DH has hearing problems and rarely wears his aids in the car because all the road noises irritate him, so no conversation there.

Yesterday was my first up day and the one thing I also had problems with was getting enough fluid, didn't seem to mess things up except I was craving salt at the end of the day, but it was an Up Day. I think it would be more of an issue on a down day. Which will coincide with a 10 hour car trip for me next week.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today I was eating (per my doctor's orders) so since it was a down day, I was limiting my calories. Whew! It is harder than eating nothing. I even felt a little dizzy at one point.

Comment

• I did pretty well today, but i was busy too not much time to think about food. Why is your doc making you eat. (Feel free to let me know it is too personal if you prefer)
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• anxiously awaiting news of the visit!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Me Too, Me Too!
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It was FUN. We talked for 5 hours. Only a few pics - we were pretty tired at that point.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Demuralist- I talked about it on my journal page, if you want to look. I don't want to clog up RMS's page with the boring details, but basically looks like I have IBS.

My Honey and I walked the dogs together yesterday, and the best part of it was getting a chance for leisurely talk moments.

Comment

• 161.2. After an UD. Hooray - I think the cashew bloat is gone! Only took over a week DD are going okay. UDs are going well - still no crazy eating (which is my worry).

Lots to write, but gotta get to work soon. Will write more later.

We try & walk together, too. Also a good opportunity for talking.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah! I think we are going to learn that the scale is not necessarily going to follow right along with the pattern we create with food.

I am thinking that waking up and not being hungry will help control UD's. Even though I feel like I ate too much yesterday, cause I made a SF cake for a treat and ate it even though I wasn't hungry, I still came very close to my UD calorie limit (slightly over). And yes the scale did show it. I have decided to track my UD weights separately from my DDays in MFP (I just added another category to track).
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• you just like to journal Chris! LOL
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X