No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've read D should be taken am, so as not to disrupt sleep. Mag can make you tired, so take at night.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• that is what I do. although I had a supplement I was taking for a while that was a mix of mag, calcium, and D that was supposed to be taken at night and it didn't negatively effect my sleep.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks for the confirmation both

Comment

• Okay. Today. Couldn't do the FBS - mom has already left for work and I'm not smart enough to do this on my own (mom is a nurse and does these things often). We will test when mom gets home. I won't have eaten, though I will have had tea with stevia.

162.2. After an "up" day, that's not a bad number. I hope it's a sign that "things" are coming back down. I need to learn that indiscretions like cashews trip me up for at least a week, if not more.

Today is my third "down" day. Per Sabine's research, after today, I should start feeling the positive effects of the every other day thing (I think that's what it said). I really need my fbs numbers so I can see if in 3 weeks (another 2 weeks from here) there are noticeable improvements

I wish to be independently wealthy....
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            So I vote you go back to the vitamin D3. It is cheap and what the heck can it hurt.

I actually don't think that in the end your calorie count will end up that low. I think you have some imbalance or something that needs some healing and that continued good care and healthy diet will straighten things.
            I think the D3 is a good idea. However, I am really thinking there is a difference in quality or maybe I need more.

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
            . Hopefully I can get in before I see Karin this weekend.
            I would like a haircut but so much is on the list before. Now that I have the car back, I need to detail up the inside. I could not get it done after all that snow and the mats still have mud. Priorities.. car before me..LOL

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
            So jealous. I know you guys will have a great time.
            Your next!! LOL

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post

I wish to be independently wealthy....
            ohmygosh.. dare to dream.. me too!
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• There may be a difference in quality in the D3, I get mine from Trader Joes, and do 3,000 IU every morning.

Ruth, so you do every other day? mmm interesting. I just read somewhere about 2 out of 7 days.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My non-fasting (i.e., after lunch) blood sugar was 76. Means my FBS should be somewhat lower. I will test that tomorrow. So, that looks pretty good.

I looked at every known calorie cycling plan (and non plan) around. I settled, for the next 2 weeks, on the Johnson Up Day Down Day plan. On the low carb friend forum, it looks amazingly successful. The 5/2 plan looked better for maintenance. Not to say that I'll stick with this - but it's where I decided to start. Surprisingly, I'm liking it. Whether or not I have any weight loss, that remains to be seen
                -- Ruth

Comment

• awesome BS!!
                  Karin

Comment

• wow, that is a great BS!

When I am done with the college visits and back to a regular schedule, I may give it a try. I just read a study about them (the down day type of eating) being more successful than consistent days. In fact my doc mentioned it when I saw her last week.

I will see if I can find the article.

Edit...here it is, go down the page a bit to "Intermittent Fasting sweeps the UK"...http://www.fathead-movie.com/index.p...om-the-news-6/
                    Last edited by demuralist; 03-14-2013, 12:30 PM.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• up days? down days?
                      Karin

Comment

• Alternate-Day Calorie Restriction and the Johnson UpDayDownDay™ Diet
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Okay, so on my up days I eat ~ 1780 calories. On down days, I eat ~ 500 calories (my target is 356, but haven't quite gotten there). You cycle in pairs of up and down days. The goal is to have at least 1000 calorie spread between the two days. It sounds hard, but I started with an up day (the ill-advised cashew episode). In theory, it doesn't matter what you eat, but I'm focusing on animal proteins. My target fat is 65-80%.

On the forum, people don't even eat really healthy and are seemingly doing well. I'm pretty sure it wouldn't as well for me if I did that (although I guess I gave it a shot with all that I ate on Saturday).

Chris, I tried to estimate your calories. I get something like 2252/450 for the JUDDD.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• wow, how do you determine the calories for the 2 days?
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Go to the calorie calculator. I guessed on your inputshttp://www.johnsonupdaydowndaydiet.c...-the-diet.html

A lot of people said they started at 700 calories on their DD. I will go to that if I need to. I was trying for 350 today, but it isn't going to happen. I'm not actually bothered by it - if I need more, I need more.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I see... not sure I want to go there, at least now..lol
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X