No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think a long break will do wonders for you personally!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• long break from work, illness, and the everyday things in the house always helps me!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Argh. Frustrating.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Tomorrow is likely to yield yet another gain - though this is probably bloat/inflation. Coconut flour & cauliflower. While I like them, my stomach does NOT. Ugh.

Restocked and can get back to my "mostly animal" product. When I dropped my weight, that's what I was eating. Takes a lot of planning to make that work, though!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I hope that now as you get used to the mostly animal products that it will get easier. And that eventually once you reach ans stabilize at your goal weight that you will be able to re-introduce a bit more variety without any physical repercussions. I actually think that as you are losing you are healing.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Next week, I'm going to make more of a focus on: liver, other offal, and bone broth. I wonder if those nutrients will help heal me (and give me nourishment) so that I can get to my goal weight and (really, more importantly) be healthy. I also suspect that if I could resolve the job situation (which might help the sleep situation), I would feel better (although, I say this, but there really always is some type of stress in life).

The hardest part, aside from planning, is feeding my family. They neither have any interest, no do they need, such a strict diet. I'm cooking 2 meals, which is not my preference.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• What i have finally settled on as far as cooking for everyone is that i make myself a salad and add the protein source to it. For my guys i just add a source of veggie and often a starch for them. Neither care for my salad so I make them a caesar salad or some roasted veggies which i will then add to my salad too. If my macros dont have room for a protein source then that is the night i either make them pasta or pizza. If dd is home i just add another veggie.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• mmmm bone broth. I have some chicken bone broth in the crockpot now.. I am looking into your mostly animal eating protocol. I do better with very little carbs, although it affects sleep.
                  Karin

Comment

• Ruth, I put the BG monitor in the mail yesterday afternoon. I expect it will arrive by Saturday or Monday.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yesterday: 161.6 (BIG jump up). Today 161.2. Disappointed? Yes. Very. Still bloated. My usual question: how can it (assuming "it" is water) come on in 1 day and then take at least a week, if not 2, of super clean eating to go away? Baffling, really.

I'm very bloated - my pants don't fit and my measurements confirm. My hands and feet hurt. Don't know if it was the coconut, or the cauliflower, or the combo. Whatever. The body is NOT happy.

The NM state wants more information to process our return. Sigh. We are seriously "this close" to paying off the house and the Feds won't process our return yet and NM state is bent on holding it up. Typical of my life right now

On a more positive note, it should be a nice day outside...assuming I have a few minutes to get out there.

Like Karin, I'm wishing for Friday....
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I was wondering, have you followed Paleobird's adventures into being more of a meat eater(VERY few vegetables)?

Comment

• Sabine, funny you mention that... As I've recently started discovering how my body is so sensitive, I stumbled across her adventures. It's not necessarily something I might intellectually choose, but I'm trending more and more down that path.
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• 161. Grrr. I think the thing is - 1300 calories, even "good" calories (who knows what good is anymore?), is maintenance level for me. At least with present activity. I don't know. We shall see. Life is too short for this to be such a big part of my life. Sigh.

I'm glad it's Friday. More later.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• thinking about the idea of calorie cycling...what if you did a low day that was a ff once a week or so?

Never asked, do you drink a lot of fluids? Fruits and veggies are intrinsically high liquid, animal products not so much. As you have reduced plant products it is likely you should be increasing your fluid intake?
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                                thinking about the idea of calorie cycling...what if you did a low day that was a ff once a week or so?

Never asked, do you drink a lot of fluids? Fruits and veggies are intrinsically high liquid, animal products not so much. As you have reduced plant products it is likely you should be increasing your fluid intake?
                                pearl of wisdom.. making a note
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X