Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey, hope your day is going well.

I saw this and thought of you, didn't know if you have ever come across it or not.

Acne Einstein - Proven Advice on Curing Acne
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My ear hurts like the devil. Ate like a pig. Won't be in ketosis anymore. WAY too many carbs and too much protein. As if all that food was going to make me feel better? It did not. Sigh.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Try laying on a heating pad maybe? Do you think it has turned into an infection?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I knocked myself out of large ketosis back to moderate. Don't worry, you can get back to ketosis when you are feeling better. I agree a heating pad might be helpful, but probably need to go and get checked for an ear infection.
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• 160.6. Not surprising. I'm guessing there's a lot of carb bloat. Oh, well. Today, not caring so much. Sleep was terrible.

Decided today that I'm taking both the decongestant and benadryl and work be darned. I woke up without the earache, but know I need to continue with my meds to keep it under control. I'll cover a couple of calls and then take the rest of the day off. I'm too tired to care.

Will be doing a modified fat fast. Do not like being out of ketosis. Doesn't feel as good.

Despite feeling terrible and being grumpy, today is going to be a good day
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Good for you. I am just getting back into ketosis myself.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• a quick fat fast outa do it. One day can't possibly send you out that far.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• I am worried about you girly. Are you getting better?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Thanks. I think finally, I might be. I took most of today off and took my decongestant and Benadryl. I have never held onto a cold this long! Going to bed early again today. Did my fat fast, which went pretty well. I'm glad I did - I could see that nasty carb monster trying to rear its ugly head.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• 160.4. Easy come, but not so easy go. Still trying to get my cravings and appetite back under control. Amazing what one day and some poor choices (plantain chips........) will do for ya. Fat fast (modified) day 2. I think it might take some will power today.

I am feeling better. Almost human. Still some sinus issues, but MUCH better. I'm so very happy it's Saturday. The weather is supposed to be beautiful this week. I may go out for a SHORT walk with the dogs and take in some fresh air.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Vitamin D is always a mood lifter, if not a physical boost, for me. We have snow on the ground this morning and a continuing light dusting. The sun is supposed to come out this afternoon though.

I hope your hubby and mom don't catch the cold. Nothing worse than nursing yourself back to health then having to nurse someone else.

Yesterday I was hungry all afternoon, so I did celery with cream cheese and tampenade mixed in, then a BP tea after dinner. I ended up with high calories but my protein and carbs were in line. This morning my ketostix was a bit pinker, still trace but more pink than yesterday. My point is, that I think if you do get hungry today a boost of fat will likely not slow your progress into ketosis and will keep you from feeling deprived.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I agree. If I need more calories, I will do so. Also need to get some more bones roasting. I'm outta broth!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, I was going to get some this morning when I went out, but I won't be going out because people around here drive like idiots in the snow-they don't know how to act, so I stay in!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It's like that here. We don't ever get enough for people to learn how to drive.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• And the funny thing is that as soon as there is even a hit of a flake coming down people rush to the grocery store and buy up all the bread and milk. Seriously, to the point of emptying the shelves. It is weird. And it is every store. If you ask the clerks here what people buy, they will tell you that they clean out the bread and milk. I mean, if it was canned food, PB, water, you know things that don't go bad, in case the electricity goes out, it would make more sense. It is like the city population turns into crazy driving lemmings at the sight of a snow flake!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X