No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No point in forcing if you are not hungry, but I bet the low calories have to do, at least in part, to the low energy, and maybe even the weight loss stall. Can you maybe put a T of ghee in your cup of broth?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Maybe that would be good. I'll give it a try today I know DH is worried that I'm not eating much (because, again, I'm usually so hungry).
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Never did finish the chorizo - not enough energy. Spent most of the day in bed. The cold from h*ll lingers, though I feel slightly better. Never could nap yesterday, but slept decently last night. Woke up at my usual 3 am, but was able to fall asleep by around 4 (heard the clock). Back up around 5:30 when mom left for her clinical. Will take a sick today and see if another day of rest will help me get over this thing!!!!!!!!

158.2. Sigh of relief to be maintaining. I am ovulating. [Trying to note things - I think I may gain a bit of weight during ovulation.] I notice the acne is starting to reappear, but it still isn't as bad as it was before LCHF.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I suspect that many of the "symptoms" of PMS are actually due to the hormones of ovulation. Congrats on holding steady.

I am having some issues with my skin (facial). I was hoping the LCHF would clear it up. Not so much. But I am due for a visit to the dermatologist anyway, so we shall see what she has to say.

I tell ya, sleep is sacred! I bet in the end we will all find out the lack of it is the beginning of all our issues.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• hey, at the bottom of this recipe, she gives a recipe for "almond cream" basically cream cheese made with almonds. The beauty of it is there is no fermenting or whatever, you throw all the stuff into your Vitamix until smooth and voila! Low Carb Pumpkin Bars (Gluten Free and Dairy Free) | Living Low Carb One Day At A Time
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• Funny you post that. If I can get my lazy rear downstairs, I was going to do that with Mac nuts
              -- Ruth

Comment

• mmm, bet Macs will be better than Almonds!

I wouldn't call a sick rear lazy! Are you feeling better?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Somewhat. It's kinda in my ears....but outta my chest!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• For me it is always the cough that is the most irritating. I usually end up taking Benadryl when it hits my ears-mine get infected so easily. And I would much rather take the Benadryl than do a round of anti-biotics.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Took some cold meds last night and FINALLY slept through the night. Feeling better today although a little out of it (I take very little med). Took another sick day. I think another lazy day in bed will be good for me!

158.2. Yay. I swear I've lost another 1/4-1/2" off my waist. Crazy (but good). Assuming I was measuring accurately. We'll see tomorrow when I go to put on some pants for my interview.

I still have NO appetite. I was hungry. Came down for some pate and butter. Ate 2 bites and could not eat any more. Fed it to my dogs. Heated some broth and butter. That's going a bit better. Trying to get my calories up today - yesterday was just over 500 (spent the day in bed - didn't feel like coming down to eat). Guess if I get my calories through bone broth and butter there are worse things, right?

More later. Too out of it to keep typing
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• yep, there are definitely worse ways to get your calories in.

For me, once the problem moves to the ear, if I don't take something right away, the problem becomes one that requires prescriptions pretty quickly. Luckily (knock on wood-wonder where that saying came from) I very rarely get a cold.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• So sorry you are still feeling poorly. I am glad you took another sick day though. Rest is important in the healing process. I say if you can get bone broth down you are getting adequate nutrition. Feel better!! Glad to hear you are feeling a bit improved.
                          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am so emotional right. Sometimes I hate being a woman....
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• You need a nice cup of tea and a nice hot soak (maybe even a detox but not so hot a one) with a good book

Sorry. You are really having a rough time right now. Wish I could do something to help.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• oh no.. so sorry yesterday was tough. I hope you got a good nights sleep and today is smoother.
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X