No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pickin' up men in the home depot. Woot!
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• He would have had a better chance if he told me he would do the landscaping I had planned for the day!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
        DH and I were at the grocery store tonight and he turns to me and says "you look like you've lost 10 pounds since you've been sick...you are looking so skinny". Funny. Since my FF started last week, I've lost 8 pounds. I can't see it, but he can. While he's knows I'm trying to lose weight, I try not to bore him with my daily ups and downs. It's cute that he thinks I'm skinny. He's my same height and 128. Um, which one of us is skinny?

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I think that I'm really only going to be able to eat meat/organs/animal fat. Avocados cause a gain each time. Olives do nothing good. Nuts, well, I know they aren't my friend (although I am struggling to give them up too.) This is terrible, but I almost feel better knowing there's someone like me out there.
        Whoot! Congrats on the loss and keeping off. I know what you mean about certain foods. I am watching your progress!!

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
        I'll know more next week when I go in, as to whether there is flexibility, etc.

Basically, I would coordinate and manage all aspects of activities for residents in a senior living facility (more than bingo). I love seniors - probably comes from living with my grandparents. Other people are good with kids - I am not. But, seniors and I have always gotten along. Don't know what to say In a lot of ways, it sounds fun. And, I know that I'd make a real difference in someone's life. It would surely be a lot of work, with little budget (and a small salary).
        I hope things work out the way you need. Just relax and take it as it comes. Its not anything to stress about. I figure if it causes stress, its no good
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Yep, I'm with ya Chris. Actually, I swear DH has always known how to woo me. I hate cards and flowers (waste of money!!!) and obviously would rather not have candy. Now, filling my car up with gas, etc., that's my kind of romance. And DH is pretty good to me in that respect
          -- Ruth

Comment

• ^^^^too cute!!
            Karin

Comment

• Green Chile Stew

Cooking fat (a lot of times, I use some of trimmed meat fat)
              2 lb pork butt or beef chuck roast, trimmed (if you wish) and cut into 1" cubes
              Emeril Essence, to taste Emeril's Essence Recipe : Emeril Lagasse : Recipes : Food Network
              1/2 onion, diced
              1/2 red bell pepper, diced
              1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
              ~ 3 cups Roasted New Mexico Green Chile
              6 cups beef or chicken broth (if I use my homemade stock, which is very rich, I use 3 cups stock and 3 cups water)
              Potatoes, sweet potatoes, parsnips, butternut squash, etc. (optional - I usually skip this)
              Cilantro (optional, but is really nice at the end)

Heat fat in a skillet over high. Season meat liberally with Emeril. Sear meat, working in batches as necessary (you don't want to cook the meat, just get it browned and seared to hold in the juices). Remove meat (leaving juices and fat), turn down heat, and add onions and red bell pepper. Cook until onions are soft. Add garlic. Saute for a minute or so. Add remaining ingredients, except for cilantro. Cook until meat (and if added) veggies are tender. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary. Add cilantro and serve.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• This last batch of mine went like this:

Fry up 3-4 slices of bacon
                brown up 2-3 pounds of pork chops
                Throw broth in crockpot until pork chops fall off bone..i added abo u t a cup of water..i have used a pork roast in the past

When meat is done and shreds easy add:
                32oz bone broth, i use chicken
                chili powder, cumin, cayenne, salt, pepper
                2 cans rotel
                2 pounds of green chili but i was out and added 6-8 fresh jalapenos chopped

I slow cooked overnight but a few hours will work

Oh.. i think i added some of my freshly dehydrated onions
                Karin

Comment

• Yum and Yum!

My Dh did flowers about once a month for our first 6 months, then once I got my engagement ring that stopped. He did however get me a massive rose arrangement for our wedding day. Which was particularly nice because we got married at a bed and breakfast (rented the whole house for the weekend and family stayed as well as us) so I had the arrangement in some of the wedding photos.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 158.4. I'm trying to be zen about what I hope is a natural fluctuation. I know weight naturally fluctuates; just worried that my recent trend is a series of continued increases. I pleased with my eating, so not worried about that. Will give it a few more days. Not sure what my intervention will be, though

Still have the cold. Sigh. Not sure what it will take to whip this. I want to walk again, but don't feel like I have enough energy (or that I could breathe well enough).

Didn't get my chorizo made yesterday because I didn't get to the store for the peppers. Maybe today.

It's a cold and dreary day out there! No moisture predicted, however.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• How do you make chorizo???? Yum!!!

I am going to take a Chris stance...get well then worry about the weight. Thrilled with your losses though.
                      Karin

Comment

• Wow, your calories are really low. Maybe your body is just slowing down and needs a boost of food to kick things back into gear. You know how sometimes you will be following your plan to a 't' and your weight doesn't change or goes up slightly, then you have a day where you think you go way over or cheat then the next day your scale, instead of punishing you with a huge uptick actually shows a loss? Thinking it might be worth a shot here. I know that your body needs animal fat to feel satisfied. But what if you end one of these really low calorie days with a version of bullet proof tea, or a small fat bomb, or something?

p.s. I agree with Karin, get well then worry about the weight. I just wonder if the low calories are slowing down your energy?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Mexico in my Kitchen: How to make Mexican Chorizo Recipe/Receta de Como hacer Chorizo Mexicano|Authentic Mexican Cooking Blog I'm not going to put it in sausage casings, though. It's easier for me without.

I'm not so worried about continued losses, I'm just baffled about the big swings up and down. Maintenance is fine - big ups (without understanding the cause) are not so fine
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Peppers soaking in hot water for the sausage. I hope this works
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• it will work.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I missed your post, Chris.

I am so not hungry. It's totally unlike me. I'm actually forcing myself to eat this much.... The only reason I can even stand this many calories is my bone broth. The other day, I thought I was going to throw up, just between the thought and smell of food. That said, I'll see if I can get some more calories - even if I have another mug of broth or something.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X