No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some are saying this lasts a month. I think I'll kick it before then, but its longer than I've ever had a cold.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• I really like the Dr. Ede scientific review & format. Wish I was that dedicated.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I think I am that dedicated I just don't think I am that organized. I also don't have enough science background to fully grasp the details. So it is hard for me to assimilate the information and incorporate the different sources, using only the parts that fit and letting go of the stuff that doesn't. Every time I read her comments, I think "geez, what can this poor woman eat" she seems to have trouble with everything she puts in her mouth that isn't meat of some sort.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• DH and I were at the grocery store tonight and he turns to me and says "you look like you've lost 10 pounds since you've been sick...you are looking so skinny". Funny. Since my FF started last week, I've lost 8 pounds. I can't see it, but he can. While he's knows I'm trying to lose weight, I try not to bore him with my daily ups and downs. It's cute that he thinks I'm skinny. He's my same height and 128. Um, which one of us is skinny?

I'm getting pretty close to the point where I think that I'm really only going to be able to eat meat/organs/animal fat. Avocados cause a gain each time. Olives do nothing good. Nuts, well, I know they aren't my friend (although I am struggling to give them up too.) This is terrible, but I almost feel better knowing there's someone like me out there.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I am so happy that we came across Dr. Ede's blog the things that negatively effect her are almost exactly the same as you. Nice to be able to see her journey just ahead of yours. How very sweet of the hubs to say something. It truly gives me hope to see you accomplishing your goals even with the restrictions.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• 157.8 today (no change). I've lost for 10 straight days, so this is okay. I admit, though, that it makes me a little nervous. What if I don't lose anymore? What if all this excitement and then I turn around gain it all back again? It's happened so many times before. I get my hopes up with progress, only to have them dashed. I know it's too early, but, well, history has not left me with good feelings.

On another front, holy guacamole batman, have I seen some measurement changes. My waist has dropped 1". My waist, not as much. But, sheesh. That's amazing. No wonder my pants are starting to fit again

More later. Conference calls. What a waste of time.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Watch the stress levels lady.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• didn't you go out of town and have to eat out yesterday?

measurements and weight creeping down is a great thing. And I am with Paula, watch the stress, stressing about not losing (or possibly gaining) can slow the progress too.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I'm trying [Also, I meant earlier to say not as much change in hips. Waist - HUGE change]

I will probably be less stressed once a few other things in life get resolved. Wish I could take today off, but not going to happen. But, maybe I can be done early.

I also have another amazing bone broth simmering. It smells so good!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Fantastic, Isn't the waist where you want the most change? I seem to remember you have commented on not having as curvy a shape as you would like. A decreasing waist would certainly help that out!

My last bone broth was the best I have made, not sure what the difference is I think I do the same thing every time, must be the bones themselves. It had more gelatin than other batches and tasted much better/richer.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• When us 4 speed ladies get together, I will look like a dwarf next to my tall (envy hey) statuesque friends. More exciting news later.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• you are such a tease!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Too hard to type on phone! Will sneak in on computer when DH goes to dr.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• ok, I guess I can wait.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Now cut that out, Ruth. Do you know how many times I have checked your journal during class today?
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X