X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    I have super hot green chili. Maybe a bowl tomorrow
    Recipe por favor.

2.5 hours of speaking? Damn. That is impressive. After 10 minutes of me talking even I want me to shut up.

Comment

• Glad your chili turned out nice and hot. Mine gives a little buzz in the back of the throat, just like I like it.
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I still have some of my roasted chilis that we froze - they were nice and hot this year!

159 guys and gals. I haven't seen this number in a LONG time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If this keeps, then I lost my 1 pound for January and my 1 pound for February. Anything else will be gravy.

Recipe later. I need to be on the computer, which is in DH's office, and the workday has already started.

Still sick. Cannot breathe. Broke down and took some nasal decongestant. I rarely take drugs of any sort, but I really needed at least a few hours of sleep. Only about 5. Want to start walking again (I miss it!), but still feeling pretty beat up. Maybe tomorrow...
        -- Ruth

Comment

• So, what did you change?
          Was it the Fat Fast that was the catalyst?
          Are you still eating the same macros/cals as before the Fat Fast?

Depending on the answers to these questions, it may indicate that the FF could be used in the future to help break a stall, or reset the body. BTW, these are the questions I am looking at for during and after my FF.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Paula, it's a little confounding. I can't tell if it's the cold (although I usually GAIN weight when I'm sick), the FF, the way I'm eating, or what. Here's what I know:

* FF did help me get over my mental problem about the lack of food.
            * Day after FF ended, my appetite was reduced.
            * During FF, I ate primarily animal products. I'm pretty sure that even veggie fats are not what my body wants or needs. This may be because I have so many food allergies. I'm similar to Dr. E in that fashion.
            * I've continued eating primarily animal products. Maybe a few mac nuts, a little lettuce, a tsp of coconut oil. But, mostly animal products and their fat.
            * I'm eating less - between 1000 and 1200 calories per day. Not on purpose. It just feels right. I'm not that hungry. Funny, too, because there was NO way I could have done 1000 during the FF. Not, pretty easy.
            * Unintentionally, calorie cycling. Days of 1000 followed by days of 1200.
            * A TON of liquids. I feel thirsty and drink to thirst.
            * Macros are back to 80% fat...

If I had to speculate, I would say the two biggest drivers are this: primary focus on animal products (80-90% of my calories) and reduced calories.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• hooray!! Awesome results! So sorry you are still feeling under the weather.
              Karin

Comment

• man how colds can linger, sorry!

OMG, seriously dancing around with happy feet for your broken stall. congrats. I hope you are tracking so you can repeat if necessary!
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes, I'm tracking. BUT.................I don't know how accurate it is. For example, on the bone broth, I know it's got a lot of calories (mine, at any rate). If I pick the one where the calories look right, I know the fat is off (the protein + fat grams don't get even close to the calories). Also, when I've been eating out, I don't really know how much I'm eating. I don't have a good sense of weight. Oh, well. I at least know what I'm eating and roughly how much I think I'm getting.

This was the first business trip I stopped sweating about weight. I decided I'd do the best I could and deal with it when I got back. I focused on meat (the fat was as good as I could do, focusing on animal) with a bit of salad.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    Yes, I'm tracking. BUT.................I don't know how accurate it is. For example, on the bone broth, I know it's got a lot of calories (mine, at any rate). If I pick the one where the calories look right, I know the fat is off (the protein + fat grams don't get even close to the calories). Also, when I've been eating out, I don't really know how much I'm eating. I don't have a good sense of weight. Oh, well. I at least know what I'm eating and roughly how much I think I'm getting.

This was the first business trip I stopped sweating about weight. I decided I'd do the best I could and deal with it when I got back. I focused on meat (the fat was as good as I could do, focusing on animal) with a bit of salad.
                    Nice! This is what I do when I have to eat out unless we go to a cafe where I can have an omelet!

I am glad I am not the only one wh struggles with the macros for homemade bone broth. In the end I chalk it up to being a fluid and wholesome. Not sure if this is a help or hinder attitude. Probably the later, knowing how I work.
                    Karin

Comment

• I was basically thinking that if you have a list of what you ate and about how much. I think that if you get down the line and hit a slow down or stop again and you say well what did I eat when I broke that last plateau, then you will have the info right there.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes. I really credit the FF for jump starting things. And, I appreciate you all for hsnging with me through this! I hope im getting closer to figuring out this body of mine.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I will keep this in mind when/if I stall
                          Karin

Comment

• we travel this path together. And we are very close to following your journey through maintenance!!!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• It's funny, because in relative terms I am close, having come from 240. It just feels so datn far away, these last 20-30. But, im not giving up. Ee shall sll get there.

Forgive the typos. Got my new phone & learning to use it.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I figured!

do you have a problem with extra skin? Or was the loss slow enough to allow it to shrink back up?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X