No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can say one thing - the ACV must be releasing something. Wow - visiting the little room even more today! Need some stevia though...it was strong in my tea without a little sweetener
    -- Ruth

Comment

I put a tablespoon of the ACV into a liter of water and maybe 5 to 10 drops of stevia, very yummy actually, much better than the water alone. It gets better, on my third day of it and my trips are about half what they were the first day.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

I need some stevia drops when I get back to the store!

Today was good. Food journal here: Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com. I have a slight headache, but otherwise had a really nice day (well, as much as I can since I was working). DH and the inlaws come home tomorrow night. I'm both glad and sad at the same time

Goal check:
        Sleep - sleeping better. Maybe it's the pre-bed routine - especially getting off the electronics. Not getting up as much as well...very helpful.
        Psy - I'm focusing a lot on having a positive mental attitude. The scale is fickle and when I look at my overall trend, it will go down. Not only can I get to my goal size, but I will.
        Exercise - well, I did treadmill sprints and shoveled snow. That's it. Need some LHT. Am planning some strength workouts when the husband gets back.
        Environment - good.
        Diet - good.
        -- Ruth

Comment

You are doing so well! And look at you with all of those veggies.

If you haven't gotten the stevia before, be sure that it is just stevia extract with no additives.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

165 (-6.5 total). Back to where I started on Monday. Okay, on with the program. It should be another good day of eating...need to continue to focus on my veggies. I had bought some new jeans that *just* fit before Thanksgiving. Put them on today, freshly washed, I can pull them down over my hips. Something is changing!
            -- Ruth

Comment

Doin the happy jean dance!!!! Congrats
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

yeah about the jeans! I love that feeling, can not wait for it myself.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

164 (-1; -7.5 total; -2.5 this week). It was a crazy roller coaster of a ride with that unexpected 2 lb gain. Salt? TOM? Combo of both? Who knows. Just glad that I seem to be back on my downhill trend!!!!!! Those were some serious mind games I overcame this week.

Feeling bloated today...not sure why. Will drink some ACV in my tea later after my errands.

More on jeans. I have two pair of jeans - one size 13 and 11 (I know, juniors) - these are remainders from when I lost weight all those years ago (12/13 years ago...my, where does time go?). Don't know why I kept them. Anyway, one of my mini goals was to get in those jeans again. Two months ago, I couldn't pull the 13s up my legs. 1 month ago, I could pull them up, but not button them. Today, I can pull them up and button them. I probably wouldn't wear them (aside from the fact that they are hopelessly out of fashion) because they are still a bit snug, but I can get them on. Maybe by next week they will be "comfortable" and I can start working on fitting into the 11s. The size 11s were as small as I ever got. I'm not stopping there this time around!
                  -- Ruth

Comment

out of fashion??? Honey, do you not realize that everything is in?? Everything come around again LOL up and zipped is an awesome feeling!!
                    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ridiculously tight pants are in now too. I wonder if the kids know how really unattractive they look in skinny jeans. Do they care?
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I was a major grumpy pants today. Was supposed to be off, but had to work most of the day. Ugh!

Food went well. I think I'm done for the day, but I'm hungry, will have a little more beef. Had to use some willpower today to stay out of the trailmix I made for the inlaws and the bread I made for mom. My motto is that if I'm hungry enough to eat, then I can have meat and veggies. It's been working well. Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com

Most people don't look good in skinny jeans. I don't like guys in them at all. I often wonder why girls now adays wear their shirts so short and tight. On most, it's unattractive. They'd look a good 10-20 pounds thinner with clothing that fits (not baggy, just something that's the right size).

On a related note...why do women's sizes have to vary so much? I can now fit into size 10 pants (thank you Ann Taylor for vanity sizing; 12 pants, 14 pants; and 16 pants - and they all fit. I have shirts ranging from medium to extra large that fit. Really? It's a pain to go shopping - I take 3 sizes of everything in with me. So much easier to shop for men!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I will say that my dd looks great in skinny jeans, she actually wears fitted pants most of the time. I hope she enjoys this time of the perfect bod, she has long legs and a perfect hour glass-5'7" and 135 pounds, as it is unlikely to last. Although, I never got to have anything close to the perfect bod. But she is a runner, can't sit still, and eats tons of veggies. I also know one guy who actually looks good in skinny jeans, and a scarf, but he is unique (and straight and adorable and married and very young) anyhoo...where was I, oh yeah doing the jean dance for up and zipped.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• LOL at being distracted by younger men. There is a guy in his late 20's who worked with me on "The Music Man", whom I later discovered works out at my gym. He's always singing to me and flirting with his chocolate brown eyes. He has a ripped body too. Apparently, he likes older women. I imagine if I were single he might try to convince me to go cougar RAWR. Or...Maybe it's just wishful thinking.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• You ladies crack me up

Up to 165. This was surprising. There's usually a 3 lb difference between morning and evening weight. When I peeked last night, it was 166. Who knows. Maybe tomorrow will be great. Oh, well. I know I'll get there. Who knows what made the scale cranky. I'm pleased with my recent eating.

Great night sleep last night. Wish every night was like that - then I'd feel like a million bucks everyday.

A little Christmas shopping with the husband, which should be nice. Maybe a nap - had to get up really early to take the inlaws to the airport.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I think that a huge part of the frustration of trying to lose weight is to watch the numbers on the scale. Go along for days staying on plan and the scale won't budge or goes up, then have a day off plan and the numbers drop. Weight loss would be so much easier if the scale would reward and punish in accordance with what you eat, then you could easily figure out the pattern and not repeat the problem stuff and keep doing the 'right stuff'.

Stick in there, you know this path works, reasonably easily, and you will get there!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X