No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yep it just always strikes me as sort of funny when someone thinks they are so heavy at my goal weight.

So sad the cold lingers.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• From the cancer doc (supports my walking habit):

Dr. Seyfried points out that vigorous exercise can raise blood sugar levels, and therefore he advises patients to “walk, not run.” Strenuous muscle activity releases lactic acid into the blood, which can be converted into glucose by the liver and released back into the bloodstream.

Interesting.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Yep my internist said the same thing. Basically she is happy if i do a 30 minute walk a day and thrilled if i can get to 10,000 steps a day. So i am working on it
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The more I read on the diagnosis diet site, the more it makes sense about the way my eating is shaping up. Interesting thoughts on nuts. Those may need to go, except as a rare treat. Need DH to read the article on veggies. He'll struggle with that one... Might take some ti e to get him there
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Sorry you have been sick. Hopefully the weight reward will stick.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Exercise is where I will be diverging from Dr Seyfried's plan. I am not willing to give up the gym. It may mean I will need more protein than the minimum. More reason to get a blood ketone monitor. I also need a Lean Body Mass measurement tool like Ddraig Goch. Too bad I am made of 40% fat instead of money.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• Ugh. Snot producing factory. Not much sleep again. Gotta finish my presentation this am. Good thing I'm good at winging things

I'm suspicious of body "fat" measurements at home. I actually thought about a professional one, but haven't found anything locally. I go back & forth on the meter. Lots of $...and I e spent a small fortune in my life trying to lose weight. I don't want to have to be dependent o. It. We'll see. I'll probably cave
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I have a body fat/BMI measurer, but I am suspicious of it as well. A large percentage of it's body fat calculation is based on weight. I have experimented a few times by not changing my weight before I measured even though I had lost. There was a big difference in Body fat measurements depending on if I reported the weightloss.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Re:Chris. I laugh too when someone's before pictures are my dream after pictures

Have a great day, all!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• DH flushes his sinuses 2 times daily, makes a huge difference.

Years ago I actually had a BF test done in a dunking tank-scary stuff I gotta tell you. For me I think my money would be better spent on the Blood Monitor and ketone sticks. I mean LBM would be nice to know, but once the body regulates itself what difference is it going to make?
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                        DH flushes his sinuses 2 times daily, makes a huge difference.

Years ago I actually had a BF test done in a dunking tank-scary stuff I gotta tell you. For me I think my money would be better spent on the Blood Monitor and ketone sticks. I mean LBM would be nice to know, but once the body regulates itself what difference is it going to make?
                        Because I exercise so much, eating too low a protein level as with the new plan could cause my body to cannibalize my muscles. Therefore for me, knowing my LBM would help me decide if I need to add protein. It will be hard for me to get the balance right for deep NK and gym work.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• yeah, the gym would complicate things. There is a reason for me not to start

For me I think that the blood monitor is going to be the answer. Because once I get nice and low BS and high ketones, I am going to experiment to see how much protein I can have vs. how much carb I can have and still keep the numbers steady.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• So sorry you are feeling poorly still. When I was little my mom used to take me to this hole in the wall restaurant named Ritas and order me the HOT green chili. I had to sit there and eat the entire bowl before we coud leave. Amazingly enough, I would clear up usually the next day.
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ruth.. this is my next experiment if I can find a beef heart kitoi's kitchen: Vietnamese Inspired Beef Heart Jerky

I think it looks tasty!
                              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Ooh, thanks. I'll look for heart & give it a whirl!

Still sick, but better, maybe? Not being able to sleep is not good. May sleep in mom's recliner tonight.

I have super hot green chili. Maybe a bowl tomorrow

For me, I'm interested in lbm in a scientific way. I wonder how much protein we really need. The values vary so much. But, I'm not likely to do anything. I'll probably end up with the darn meter instead

Presentation went well. I made it through 2.5 hours of me talking. Its good I'm used to "extemporaneous" speaking.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X