No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have you ever tried turnips in your stoup? I have been using them instead of potatoes and I really like it. Pretty mild flavor.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Yes. Parsnips (pretty carby) are also very good!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I have tried parsnips and was not thrilled. Have not had turnips in forever, did not like them. I am selfish with my carbs though..lol
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
          I have tried parsnips and was not thrilled. Have not had turnips in forever, did not like them. I am selfish with my carbs though..lol
          I've found both to be best if made into a mash or a puree. Of course that could be a result of the added butter and heavy cream. >.>

Comment

• Yeah. Parsnips are good, but not good enough for me to want to ruin my weight loss attempts.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Canio..i had them mashed..ended up pitching the pot of them
              Karin

Comment

• The other way I like them? Cooked (basically boiled) and then pan fried with butter. Swoon. They are good. I mash them the way Canio does as well. Even mom (sometimes picky) likes them.
                -- Ruth

Comment

• 160.2. New low. Not sure if it's real since I've been sick, but hey, exciting nonetheless. I have not seen this weight in probably almost a year. And, yeah, the pants fit better.

Terrible nights sleep. Wishing I did not have to travel. I do not have my training materials complete. Ugh. I'm ready for this cold to be OVER.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• woohoo, serious happy dance. Your new low is my goal!

So sorry about the sleep that combined with a cold make travel even less appealing. I am certain you will do well, then you have a whole month with none right?

I assume you have been tracking what you eat, no reason you can't use the basics of what you have been eating while sick and convert that to what to eat to lose while well right?
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yes. The only real difference is that I haven't been eating that much. No appetite. The basics are okay (mostly animal products), but I doubt I can eat that few calories for the long-term.

However, I have been wondering about calorie cycling. In the past, I did it unintentionally, and it worked really well. We shall see once I feel better.

And yes, it should be a month of no travel
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• You may want to check out the last link that is in EMF it is a woman who is doing a ketosis experiment and her dietary restrictions seem very similar to yours.

Ketosis Experiment Week 1 Diagnosis: Diet

great read.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Funny. Paleo bird posted about her on our emf thread awhile ago. I read her this weekend. Interesting & very applicable to me as you say. Great minds think alike
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah for the new low..i would be thrilled with it for my goal weight. hope your feeling better today
                            Karin

Comment

• The cold lingers. My ears are plugged and I barely have a voice. Sigh. I'm not usually this sick.

Had wonderful barbacoa for dinner. No doubt ate too much. Authentic Mexican - not a white person to be seen. They had tripe tacos that I wanted to try, but the girl didn't know if they had flour & I can't risk it on a business trip.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• 160 is good, but remember how much shorter I am than you ladies are! I need about 130....
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X