Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thanks, I will see what they have.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I love dehydrator talk. Keep it coming. I have a VERY basic one - you turn it on or you turn it off. Someday I want a fancier one.

I pureed my carrots, added spices, then dehydrated them. I couldn't get the sliced carrots right. I'm not really good at it, but I'll be trying more again soon.

Day 2 went pretty well. Macros:
      Calories: 1114
      Fat: 110g (89%)
      Protein: 25g (9%)
      Carbs: 6 g (2%)

1 more day left. Then I travel for 2 days, home for 2 days, travel 2 more days. Then (hopefully!!!!) travel is done for the month.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth mine is one like yours I think. Tell me about your carrot puree.. not sure if I have a tray for that.
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I bought these tray that go on top of the regular trays (the holes are really small). I puree cooked carrots, ghee, and chai tea masala (cardamon, cinnamon, pepper, etc.). The house smells divine! They take forever. Of course, I pull mine out earlier -- mom has dentures & DH has braces -- they like things softer than I would.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I recently started an affair with a dehydrator- loving it! I did blueberries, and they turned into the mini nuggets just right for mixing into my daughters' nut butter balls. Aldi has pineapples on sale for 99 cents, so I think that will be the next thing I try. Must put carrots and zucchini on my list as well.

Comment

• I bet pineapple is to die for....
              -- Ruth

Comment

• my dehydrator came with these little sheets to put on the trays, I wonder if a good parchment paper would work?
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I have parchment paper.. sounds like an experiment is brewing!
                  Karin

Comment

• I think it would....
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Today's stats:
                      1225 calories
                      121 g fat (89%)
                      8 g carbs (3%)
                      26 g protein (8%)

I am glad the modified FF is over. I can foreshadow and tell you I'm a bit disappointed in the results, but we'll see what the box says in the morning. I've learned a lot and I may integrate this (monthly?) into my routine.

Today I had a major "cleanse". Increased fat %? New brand of stevia (DH has not felt well since we started this new bottle)? PMS week, when things clean themselves out? Combo? Hope it doesn't carry into tomorrow when I travel.

All of this talk about getting prepared for travel and I forgot to order from US Wellness meats. I'm an idiot. Sheesh.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I hope you are rewarded in the morning. I am glad it is over too. I would consider doing it again for one day. The second day was the hardest. Today was not so bad though.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• *crossing fingers and toes*
                          Karin

Comment

• I started at 165.8. I ended at 163.6. It was not what I hoped for. Here's why. In 3 days, I went from 163.6 to 165.8. In 3 days I went back down. HOWEVER, from everything I've read, folks only "keep" about 1/2 of their FF weight loss - some of it is water. And, I went from 20 g carbs to about 6 g of cards, so yeah, I expect some of it was water. That means that I'll probably see a bounce back up...meaning that my "average" is still higher than it had been trending for months. And I know this is crazy, but my pants fit at 162 but are uncomfortable at 164. So, those 2 pounds do matter.

Having said that, if I were home, I'd probably do this one more day to see if I could get a loss that gets me closer to maintaining at 162 (where my pants fit).

Off to the airport shortly. I have some thoughts about what I plan to do next.

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• I would be surprised if the LCHF didn't get rid of the water weight, but we shall see. Problem is with you traveling that it will skew your results (ie whether you would have kept it off or not).

Interested to see what you plan to do next.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Back from trip. My presentation to the big wigs went well. Now, I'm sicker than a dog. Some kind of nasty cold. Traveling and plane rides did not help a thing. Congestion, nasty cough, sore throat, drainage making my stomach hurt. I need to work, but can barely stay out of bed. Will rest and hydrate today.

Guess what? Weight down to 162.2. I don't think I weighed this low since December. I'm trying not to get too excited in case it doesn't last. If it does, then maybe it was the modified fat fast.

Eating in Denver was...okay. I know it was too much protein, but after the FF, I'm finding I'm satisfied with less. Maybe it helped more than I thought. I know it brought me into a level of ketosis I had not been in formerly. It helped with the lingering carb cravings. It's helped with portion control and calories.

Even better? TOM of month started and only negligible cramps. As in, I didn't take the 2 advil a month I allow myself. And, the acne is better. Not gone, but WAY better than anything from last year.

So, I'm on the right path. Need to keep working at things until I find the right combo. At least I think I'm going the right direction.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X