No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yep, it is interesting feeling things instead of eating them. I am trying to obsess on the good stuff instead of obsessing on the bad. We will see how that goes!
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Day 1 - went okay. Good thing this is only 3 days....and that I had it planned it out. I'm finally satisfied. People talk about fat making them not hungry. Takes more for me to get there
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I would not say that i was overly hungry but I certainly wasnt too full to remember to eat. Nor did i have trouble getting my calories over 1000. I did follow my pre track so i went just under 1500.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• We did good. Day 1 down!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Yea us! I am actually feeling fuller just sitting here. Weird. Looking forward to a great night's sleep.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• how did you sleep Ruth.. curious minds want to know

Congrats ladies on day 1!
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I slept the same as usual - better than before I went LCHF, but not as good as I know I need to get to. I usually sleep good for 6 hours, then wake up for an hour or two, then (if time allows) grab another hour. Before LCFH, I would wake up at least every hour. So, haven't noticed a difference.

Day 2. Bring it on. It's not that it's hard (well, if I had to stop @ 1000 calories, it would have been hard!), but it's mentally hard. There are not really "meals". Small feedings without much bulk or substance. But, hey, I can do just about anything for 3 little ol' days. We'll see what info, if any, the trial yields!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• My stats from yesterday:
                  1114 calories
                  112 g fat (90%)
                  4 g carbs (1%)
                  23 g protein (8%)

Spot on! I was not physically hungry. I will eat more today (up to 1400 calories) if needed.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• WOW!! Way to rock those macros. I asked about sleep because I am wondering if its the LC causing the lack of. Its not enough to make me stop though!
                    Karin

Comment

• I find that almost anything can interfere with my sleep. Grrr. Last nightt I apparently lay awake for 45 minutes in the middle of the night even though I do not remember it.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                        I find that almost anything can interfere with my sleep. Grrr. Last nightt I apparently lay awake for 45 minutes in the middle of the night even though I do not remember it.
                        I think its a plus to not remember LOL Wow.. though
                        Karin

Comment

• Ruth, I'm glad you weighed at the start of your experiment. Hopefully, It will help you come to some conclusions.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I didn't want to weigh, lol, but it will be hard to know if this helps or not. Of course, if I do lose a few pounds, the questions will then be: was it the lower calorie (assuming I average around 1200), the higher fat, or some combo? But, at least it will yield some more data points with which to go with.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, FWIW I think for me its a combination of the two even though I am only doing 80% fat.
                              Karin

Comment

• I liked pork rinds with guacamole as one of the more 'bulkier' meals, but you're right- there's not much heft to a high-fat diet.

Comment

Working...
                                X