No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably so. Chris, you are very wise.

I'm a little stressed because finding another job is more difficult than I envisioned. I'm in a highly-technical, very specialized field. It happens to pay very well. [Of course, the toll it's taking is not worth it.] Jobs I find interesting, even at 1/4 or less of what I'm currently making, I don't meet the qualifications because a lot of my experience is not transferable and/or the fields are so very different. And, I don't really plan to take a job with a long commute (been there, done that, not worth the stress or decreased family time -- unless it was my DREAM job - whatever that would be) or that I would be bored at (done that too - bad news) because that's not really a long-term solution. I don't want to go back to school for more education - I already almost have a PhD (ABD). And, if I could ever go part time, it would be 20-25 hours a week, for a pay that is more than most people make full time. There's something to be said about that....if I can make it that long...if I'm even interested in doing something for 20 hours a week that I no longer enjoy.

Ugh. I need to stop worrying. I'm a person who likes to be in control, and I feel like everything is beyond my control right now!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• oh Ruth.. hang in there. Exciting to hear about your new vitamix adventures though!

I wish I had some insight or suggestion. I know work situations are stressful. Hopefully it gets resolved soon!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I know that you would like to control the answer to the work situation but I will tell you my story (briefly). Stay at home mom for 15 years, ready to re-enter the work force but looking for something I will enjoy, am qualified for, and is flexible time wise as the kids were still at home and needing rides etc. So my BFF sends me the info for the job I currently have. It was for, essentially, a receptionist. Been there, done that, hated it! But, I was more than qualified and the boss is flexible about the time. Pay was decent for what it was. Getting the job got DH off my back for a while. What has happened is that the duties started to shift to fit my qualifications. ie, helping set up the exhibits, helping with historic acquisitions, & facilities management. My pay continues to increase, and of course this year doubled since my hours doubled. It is a fantastic place to work as I love my co-workers, and the time is incredibly flexible. Moral of the story, it will work itself out. Instead of trying to control every detail maybe try to remain open to allowing it to happen. AND trust me when I say, that I took this job grudgingly just to get DH to quit nagging me about paying for college. So I was forced to give up control and accept what I had been handed.

p.s. in that link from the Feb. NK group, she has gone through a podcast of Jimmy Moore and Phinney interview and pulled out the important points and marked the time they occur in the podcast. It is about stalls. It might be interesting for you.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• p.s. it is easier to be wise from the outside looking in than when I am looking at myself!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ruth, I am so frustrated for you. I wish there was something I could do to help. I think Chris is right. It takes a while to really get your body into NK. The job stress is also probably not helping.

The vitamix sounds cool. Use it in good health.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• as an aside, you realize I may be in the same "not losing weight" boat as you, but not being on the scale is keeping me from that stress right now
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• You ladies are awesome. Thank you.

The fat bread is the best I have EVER made. My VM gets the nuts so fine. And yes, I plan to use it in good health
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Do you make the fat bread exactly the way he does in the "3rd" version, ie the link in the recipe group (except of course putting it into the VM instead of a processor)?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Later, when I'm back @ computer, I'll share my modifications.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I wish I knew if I was allergic to macadamia nuts!! I want fat bread!!
                      Karin

Comment

• wonder if you could try it with the sunflower seed flour?
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• hmmmm.. maybe. not sure if i can get it fine enough for flour
                          Karin

Comment

• I think he only grinds it to a nutbutter/ chunky meal stage. We will have to see what modifications Ruth made, it may work.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• yup.. and oooo do I love me some sunbutter!!
                              Karin

Comment

• You can use a coffee grinder for the sunflower seeds...
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X