No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eeee, so excited for you! What are you going to make first? maybe it should be something he would really like, you know as a thank you?
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Great minds think alike. He really wanted a smoothie - so that was my first thing. It's a dream. No problems at all with all of the frozen (like a big rock!) fruit. I'm not going to want to work the next few days
      -- Ruth

Comment

• that is it, I am going to Costco on Friday and getting mine!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Then you'll have to share what you're making

I really want to make some of that macadamia nut "cheese" and some sunflower seed flower.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I will gladly share, so excited.

p.s. is the noise really irritating? ie is it loud?
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• It is LOUD. Doesn't bother me, but won't be able to cook if DH is on a conf call.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I will likely not use it while Dh is home, easy enough given he is a 6 to 7 day a week 10 to 12 hours a day kind of guy!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                  DH just left to buy my Vitamix. SO excited!!!!

Stomach is VERY unhappy over the dairy. Is it Friday.?
                  AWESOME about your new toy!! Congratulations! Be sure to share what you are doing!!

Its not Friday yet sorry your @ your tummy trouble. That makes for a long day.
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am in love. With my new Vitamix (and DH who bought it for me, of course). Made Fat Bread tonight. It powdered those macadamia nuts so fast, my head was spinning!

Hard day at work. I cannot get myself motivated. I do not seem to care. I'm grumpy. All very unlike me. Sigh.

As Karin says, pass the bacon.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I feel like a reason for your lack of motivation may have to do with the lack of progress regarding the talk you had with your boss about work load and travel. Frustrating i suspect.

How very sweet of your DH to get you the Vitamix. A new toy should lift the spirits a bit. Maybe a good nights sleep will help.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Yes. The unresolved job situation is contributing significantly to my stress.

Up 2 lb today. I never used to swing this dramatically. I'm not retaining due to salt. I did not do anything more than my 4 mile walk yesterday. I think the dairy is finally out of my system. I slept like a log. I'm still in ketosis (13 on target days in a row!), which of course doesn't guarantee weight loss. I'm beginning to wonder if NK is going to be yet another method that doesn't work for me. Sigh. I do not understand my body at all. Maybe I need a few less calories.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Look at you up so early!

I was looking at the low carb friends website, and there is a monthly NK thread there. They generally seem to eat more calories. Here is a link to the first page/info page for February High Fat NK 80/15/5 - February Version - Low Carb Friends

The protein recommendation per Phinney/Volek is 1.5 x goal weight in kg. Then for calories it is 30 to 35 x's goal weight in kg for me that is about 400 higher than current goals.

So maybe it is just a different version of NK that you need?
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I'm a morning person, but I usually stay in bed for awhile and slow let the morning come. Today, the dog REALLY needed out. Once I'm down the stairs, well, I'm up

I've looked at that one as well. I can tell you from experience that I can't get into ketosis with that much protein. Essentially (unintentionally), that's what I was doing in January. That version yielded me nothing but 5-6 pounds of gain, 4 of which was a real gain But, at least I have determined a few things.

I will say this. At least with the higher fat I have finally overcome the fruit addiction. It was getting really bad!
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Thanks, Chris, for thinking of me!!!!!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• no problem!

well, so maybe your body is just moving slowly because you have been at this weight a while and needs some time to shift gears. I reread parts of Dr. Atkins book and it actually says it can take 6 weeks or more of perfectly falling within the goal range, for some people to see real results. I think you should ease up on yourself given the stress and travel, it has got to be hard on the body, and I bet it is just a matter of time.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X