No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DH mentioned today that he is thinking of buying me a Vitamix for my birthday. I suggested that I might need it early [My food process is truly about to die...and I use it almost everyday....]

Decided to try goat cheese today. Different taste, but I think I can get used to it. Won't probably be until Tuesday or so before I know if I can tolerate it. I sure hope so...it's a lovely change...
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Goat cheese is loverly!! I love Druken goat cheese. FAB FLAVOR! Oh hey, posted an UNBELIEVABLY GOOD chicken liver recipe in the group. Thought you would enjoy this. I almost did not stop at the bowl! LOL
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Checking it out now!!!!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Karin-How does one get drunken goat cheese?
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Lots of wine (or, in my case, Crown) with their cheese?
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I am not sure how they do it!! *getting a mental image* OMG..LMAO

Its good though, Kroger/Dillons carries it.

Ruth- tell me about lard cookies!
              Karin

Comment

• Have you tried pemmican for travelling? It holds at room temperature, and might be a good way to get a shot of fat into your mouth when you are stuck at a table without enough options.

Comment

• Sabine...how very funny that you mentioned pemmican. I started researching it last night as an option! I think it will be very handy for traveling (and, as you say, stuck at a table without enough options). I can always eat a dinner salad and then eat my bar later

Karin, I used this recipe. It's a bit dry - I think too much coconut flour. I reduced the coconut flour a bit and upped the lard - better, but still not enough. They aren't very sweet, yet the entire family likes them. I'm also wondering how they would do with my sunflower seed flour (that I will make once DH buys my Vitamix). Spiced Lard Cookies (grain free) [By the way, love her whole site. Good stuff on there.]
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Eee so jealous of the Vitamix. I decided to wait once i stopped the smoothies with all the veggies and got the thousand dollar treadmill. But the second the blender i have now dies its replacement is a vitamix.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I don't make many smoothies, but seems like I'm now making things like fat bread, lard cookies, etc. and I use my food processor. And, I really want to make my own almond/sunflower seed butters and flours - my current machine will not handle. And, honestly, my food processor has lived a long, useful life. It's almost time for a replacement. I decided that I was going to get something worth the money.

DH does consulting on the side and he will use his whole check to get my machine. I'm so very lucky............DH is a good man.

Of course, I'm on a major "let's not spend kick" right now...but will be worth the money (and, I've decided that it's better to invest in quality than spend a lot on junk, several times over).

Also, unless something blows up (like it's prone to do in our lives!), we will have our house paid off in April or May. I'm beyond excited. I hate to wish my life away, but this is a big milestone. I may be leaving my job shortly thereafter.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Checking out the site now thanks!

ok.. wait.. tell me about the lard you use?
                        Karin

Comment

• The reduced stress that DH experienced when he wrote that last check for a house payment was amazing.

Always best to pay for the best quality you can reasonably afford. I go through a blender about every 2 years. My processor just went kaput. So while I am waiting for this blender to die i got a new stick blender and it has a mini processor attachment. Which is all the processor i need and i use the stick blender several times a day.
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think I will be renting forever as I do not see the economy improving any time soon.
                            Karin

Comment

• I think Dh would be much better off as a renter. ll the details ofaintena ce stress him (and therefore me) royally. Our life was so much simpler when we rented
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Karin - I'm using this lard. It's expensive, but it's all I've been able to find. Fats are also a place where I'm willing to spend more money, since we get so many nutrients from them (and where I think the not so good nutrients go, if I remember what I've read correctly). U.S. Wellness Meats — Our Animals Eat Right So You Can Too.

I go back and forth on the house...whether it was worth it. If I had to do it all again, I would have lived in the smallest apartment we could have stood, saved up the money, and paid cash. Of course, if I had to do it all again, we would have always have lived as frugally as we do now (we could, of course, be more frugal, but I there has to be some balance in life). I can tell you this, though, I know it will take a HUGE amount of stress off of me to not have that payment anymore.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X