No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hope you feel better soon. Its a brisk day here but sunny and nice.

On a side note: poor dog.. ouch!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I was puffy this morning too, kinda surprised cause I had 2 really good days. Lots of water today though so it should help. Hope yours leaves you quickly. Sorry about the doggy.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Been traveling (moving my mom's stuff from storage in Texas to here) and have a busy week of travel ahead. We also start the legislative session, with lots of dinners and other social activities.

I'm trying to find "fat" food, that doesn't have dairy, takes it easy on nuts, and don't overload me on protein or carbs. Sigh. I feel awesome when I make this work...but am struggling to keep the fat in the right place and the protein and carbs low enough, especially when traveling. You know how hard it it is to get enough fat, but moderate the protein, when eating out every meal, especially when you can't do dairy?

I need a few more days at home to get back in line
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Just do the best you can while you are away. Would mixing CO in a hot beverage 2 times a day work for you? That would help up the fat without protein.
          Primal since 9/24/2010
          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• It might. I could also travel with the CO (right now) and they won't consider it a liquid Thanks.

I'm eating more calories than I'd like, but trying hard not to get out of the "zone". Each time I get out, it takes about a week to get back in, and gives me a mild version of the low-carb flu. I'm slower than the rest of you, but I will get this. I feel so dag gum good when I do
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Just when I think I have it I blow it, you could travel with boullion cubes. add butter to soup. lots of olive oil on salads.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Bouillon cubes. Another great idea!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• you could add a pat of butter to that too.
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• Can't do the bouillon Every brand had wheat, dairy, or both. Sigh.

Does anyone else feel this? When I'm at home and cook a meal that is mostly fat, some protein, and a few carbs, I feel peaceful afterward. This is what makes travel hard - I have to subsist on low-quality food, too much protein, etc. Oh, well. I can survive a few days. I just wish I'd had a better base built up!

Off to the airport soon. I hate traveling on a weekend, but I wanted to leave the house at 5:30 am tomorrow morning less.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• RATS, did not even check the ingredients, corn and sugar in both of my brands.

Sad you have to be away so much.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• We're supposed to talk about my transition plan this week (to PT), so I'm hoping the travel is worth it this time I have "declined" other trips, so it's better, just not as good as I want. Anyone who thinks business travel is fun either hasn't done much or has a job most of us dream about
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• or maybe single and bored. When I was a hairdresser, I traveled with a co-worker to do hair shows. We had a blast. single and bored. Plus what I had to do was to go to the mall and find guys to use as hair models, then after my friend did the cut on stage the guys came into the back and I cleaned up the cut (hard to put on a show and do a good hair cut) and blow dry the hair, find them something cool to wear and send them back out, tough gig for a single 22 year old.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Dr. Attia says that the contact dosage of bad things for one to two bouillon cubes a day is negligible. I wouldn't be so fast to write them off. Ruth, Have you tried any of them to see if you have a reaction? I have not seen wheat in the herb ox brand I use.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I can't find the herb ox here. Ill look online. Even trace wheat can my stomach hurt for days, so I try to avoid that. Dairy, especially whey, is usually bad news, though less of an issue than wheat.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I saw some "gluten-free" online stores that carry stuff like that.
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X