No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hang in there. Try making some fat bombs. Maybe it will help. I like Paula's suggestion about the weight average. It makes more sense but I have felt the way you are feeling.

All your talk about avocados got me hungry for them so I bought a bag of them.. they are hard as rocks. I need to wait for them to ripen some. Grrr
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I'm eating lots of fat and feeling GOOD. Took a 4 mile walk to the post office with the family. Bundled up - it was nice. Working on my goal of walking to our errands
      -- Ruth

Comment

• oooo.. I need to walk. I am such a wimp with the cold. I just need to put my big girl panties on and suck it up! On the plus side, its like 40 degrees now.. its not as cold as it has been.
        Karin

Comment

• I HATE the cold, too. I layer up - really, lots of layers - and just go. I feel okay if I have enough covering my ears and hands.

I have put the scale away. Yes, I'm scared. But, frankly, I'm tired of that little box dictating how I feel about myself. Plus, one of my goals is to learn to listen to my body. Might as well start now! So, we'll see how long I keep the box away. I hope until the end of the month...but I am somewhat addicted to it
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have noticed that big girl panties don't do much to keep you warm.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sabine View Post
              I have noticed that big girl panties don't do much to keep you warm.
              well shoot!!! LOL!
              Karin

Comment

• Does long-underwear count?
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Yes Ruth, I think that you should put that scale away. You have been so happy about how you are feeling on higher fat. How about once every 2 weeks, like the 1st and 15th of each month.
                  Primal since 9/24/2010
                  "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                  MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am (currently) a strong advocate for letting go of the scale. I am much happier and lower stressed without it. Just get a pair of tight, non-stretch pants, and put them on every week or so. I am going for once a month but will also do measurements at the same time to prevent any kind of weirdness around the scale. I actually would now forget to get on it, if I was trying to do it more often. I do think when I reach my goal I will go back to daily in order to keep myself honest. Give myself a 5 pound range and stay in it! But I will also get a pair of snug jeans for measurement. I think that pants measure areas that tape measure doesn't.
                    Chris
                    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Scaleless day 1 - good. I'm very bloated today. Possible culprits: couple tastes of hot chocolate I made for mom with heavy cream, taste of "eclair" filling that I made with cream cheese, and too many almonds. Think it was the dairy. It's all out of the house now! I'm not a good enough cook to cook without tasting.

My newest batch of bone broth is GOOD. Will start with a cup of that for breakfast. Hope everyone has a GREAT day!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Even though I am considered a good cook (I think I just follow directions well), I still have to taste most things I make. I let DD make the dessert type things or taste the ones that I make when she is home.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I do not taste until the end and just pray it tastes fine. I usually does but occasionally needs more salt or some such minor fix. I do not fix anything bake wise from scratch since I do not eat it. Poor dd, if she wants homemade cookies its from a package. The same for her muffins and such.
                          Karin

Comment

• That is ok, when she gets a bit older, she will start making that stuff on her own if she really wants it, both my kids do. Long ago I made them start making it instead of buying it, helps them to understand what is in them (ie how much sugar!)
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Ugh. Not feeling so hot today. Headache, MAJOR bloat, nausea. But, it's sure to be a beautiful day and I hope to take my dogs out for a walk. My golden had cut her tongue, so she had to wear the dreaded cone last night. But she's doing better today. Didn't get much sleep between her and my other dog.

As a result of the nausea and bloat, no breakfast for me. Will see how I feel about food when I get home from Santa Fe this morning.

Still feeling unreasonably happy, even though work is stressful and I'm so bloated my pants don't fit
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• RMS, almonds make me bloat every time.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X