No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've tried everything but Proactive. I've always had beautiful skin, so this last year has been a shock I keep thinking it was the change in my diet (less fat) combined with the stress. We'll see....
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Yay! Ruth, you are sounding so positive and it is infectious. I am feeling great as well, but trying to keep my excitement in check.

I am drinking my turkey bone broth with an extra cube of bouillon for electrolyte replacement. Just got back from the gym.
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I don't think I realized how cruddy I was feeling until I started to come out of it. I owe you a big debt Paula - I do not check the forums except for a few journals. I would not have given this a try without your willingness to share in your journal. I'm too scared to hope that this is the answer, but if it helps work out some other issues, then I'm happy for now
        Last edited by RMS123; 12-22-2012, 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling
        -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah Ruth.. I am following in your wake. It would be awesome if this was the key to unlock our issues!!
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Even if it only gets me part way there, it would be closer than anything else has gotten me lately! and at least with this I feel fantastic!

p.s. I bet the extra fat in the diet and the (hopefully) reduced stress will clear your skin right up!
            Last edited by demuralist; 12-22-2012, 11:41 AM. Reason: ps
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Maybe it will help with the extra dry skin I seem to have acquired lately as well. I know some is from the weather and some from hormones..
              Karin

Comment

• Can't hurt right?
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today, my goal is to eat well. I might eat more calories than I need, but I want to go into Christmas feeling good. Will also make some freezer meals, some cooked and will only need reheated, some frozen and ready to throw in the crockpot. I found that when we did this a few months ago, life was MUCH easier when I was traveling or when I got home from a long day.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I definitely do better when I have a plan. I do well with crock pot meals, less well with frozen our freezer doesn't hold much and things tend to get lost.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Yes. Planning is the key for me as well! We have a chest freezer, which holds our 1/4 cow and freezer meals. If mom and DH know they can grab something and dump it in the crockpot (I put all the directions and any finishing ingredients on the outside), they will.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Wow, that is way more organized that I can manage! I would love a separate freezer. Of course once DS goes off to college I will have a reduced need, although I would love to do the 1/4 cow thing!
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• I want to divorce my scale...but find myself scared. The logical part of my brain argues that this CANNOT work. I cannot feel this good and lose weight. I'm hoping that if I can get things inline between now and the end of the year, I can move the scale to the garage for awhile and focus more on how I'm feeling and looking. We shall see...
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I have not moved my scale yet. However, every morning I get the idea "lets see what the scale says" then I think, " now, no.. you will not like the number.. avoid avoid.. it doesn't matter..keep doing what you are doing"
                            Karin

Comment

• I think part of my fear is that I got up to 240 by NOT looking at the scale. I was in denial for a long time (although I KNEW I was gaining). I'm scared to let it go. It's easy to be in denial for awhile -- the dryer shrunk my clothes (which, with my jeans at least, does happen every time), I wear sweat pants around the house, and dresses when I go to work (easier to miss the spread around waist, hips, and thighs!).
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Ruth, I had the exact experience. I didn't weigh while I was doing a calorie restricted 6 day a week visits to the gym. I did it for 5 years. Only weighed at the doctor. And I just told myself the first couple of times that the weight gain was muscle or the doctors scale. And finally ended up gaining 100 pounds. So I know where you are coming from. I also wear baggy athletic pants around the house, don't own a pair of jeans, wear dresses/skirts to work. And I can't tell you why it feels right this time. But what I have lost by not being on the scale is the guilt, and the idea that the number matters. My mood is so improved because that number is not thrown in my face every morning. I do wear my wedding rings every day. If they get tight I know there is an issue. I do plan to measure every couple of months, but honestly, to my mind, the scale is a horrible measurement tool, and when I use it it has amazing control over my attitude.

p.s. love the new pic!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X