No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just have to say it. So far, I'm flat out happy. I feel satisfied. Not deprived at all. I'm still getting into "fat burning mode" (isn't that what Mark calls it?) and still on a learning curve, but can already feel the difference. Lovely. Just lovely.

Sleep last night was terrible. This has been going on for some time, so I cannot expect to turn things around with just a few days.

I started the week at 165. I quickly lost the "carb bloat" and went down to 163.2 (what I called my starting weight). Dropped the dairy (bummer!) and today I'm down to 162.4. Hooray. I hope this continues...

My journal is here: Rms123's Food Diary | MyFitnessPal.com. Any and all comments/suggestions welcome. I have some bone broth that looks to be done and I'm going to get me some liverwurst!

Ladies, let this be the answer for us...
    -- Ruth

Comment

• liverwurst YES!! With a spicy brown mustard.. swoon!

Love the site of recipe ideas. There has got to be a way of making fat bread that wont kill me. ugh..dang!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• would fat bombs work?
        Karin

Comment

• what the heck are fat bombs?
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• well there are many recipes.. one I found was:

equal parts of coconut oil or coconut butter
            equal parts of a nut butter (I can use sunbutter)
            equal parts salted butter

They talk about making them chocolaty by adding 94% dark chocolate or cocoa, the use of extracts etc.
            Karin

Comment

• or this

Wifezilla's Way: Recipe: Abi Fae's Fat Bombs
              Karin

Comment

• I don't see why you couldn't do it. I am actually not having much problem getting the fat in.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• On the bread, I pinned a lchf bread recipe made with coconut flour.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread35342.html

funny video included in thread.. OMG!
                    Karin

Comment

• My Liquid Fat Bomb recipe has coconut milk, cream, coconut oil, an egg, and some stevia.

Comment

• OMG Liverwurst and Fat Bombs...Hell, I'm dropping dairy and adding those.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• BTW, I am making Low Carb Egg Nog for Xmas. Anyone have a favorite recipe?
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Halve the sugar and double the bourbon!

Comment

• 162.2. The lowest weight I've been in awhile. But, more importantly, I feel better. I feel satisfied when I stop eating, although mentally I'm still wrapping my mind around less overall volume. I'm able to stop again when I'm full - helping me get to my overall goal of eating intuitively (i.e., no weighing, measuring, calorie counting for the rest of my life). I'm tracking mostly so that I can see if there are any correlations between what I'm eating, how I'm sleeping, TOM cramps, acne, and red nose.

The acne seems a bit better, but it's unclear if it's the change in diet, hormones, less stress, or some combo thereof. Also, my skin which has been terribly dry (of course, I live in NM, so some of this is bound to happen), seems much softer and less dry.

I feel like my protein might be a hair low, but am struggling. Of course, these days, I'm not terribly active. Maybe I don't worry about it and let my progress be my guide.

Big bummer - I drove all the way out to Whole Foods last night hoping they would have a good Liverwurst. It looked good, all the way up until I read non-fat dried milk. Bummer. I found a pate that had some iffy ingredients, lots of wine, but no alcohol. I got it for now. Maybe once I start acquiring the taste, I can make my own.

Salted bone broth = heaven...
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• wonder about miso soup, minus the tofu. Super easy to make, pretty high sodium, yummy. Could use home made bone broth right?

I know that when I went on the Atkins diet I had an inordinate amount of compliments on my skin, which has never caused me any problems but I had not gotten compliments on it since high school. Mine is very dry also.

It just occurred to me. Often when people try to get rid of acne, they assume the problem is oil, but sometimes if your skin is dry then dead skin cells can clog pores and create mini infections (pimples). Have you tried a mild exfoliant? Neutragena has a pore refining cleanser that might help? (I used to be a hair dresser and we had to study this in beauty school.)
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X