No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do exactly the same thing when I hit a low weight. And the whole time I am eating I am thinking "why don't I want to get to my goal, what is wrong with me...etc." But it doesn't stop me. And I never get an answer.

Hope you figure out the sleep thing.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Still tired today, but we are going to go hiking. It's usually one of the highlights of my work. Have to travel for work this week...yuck!

I am going to correct the path on my eating today. Day 1, here we come
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Yesterday, Day 1, went really well. Whew. I was tired, and had a headache, but managed to get outdoors with DH and the dogs. Of course, I got a mild sunburn -- I wore a tank top for the first time, and didn't have enough sunscreen on those rarely exposed shoulder blades. Next time, will ask DH to apply.

Slept terribly last night, even though DH and the dogs fell asleep downstairs and did not make it up to the bedroom. That's unfortunate, because I usually sleep super well without them. Oh, well.

Crazy deadlines at work (driven by legislation, so they much be met). It's going to be a long week. That, and I'm traveling all week. Yuck.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Congrats on Day 1, sorry about the sunburn (we keep a spray sunscreen - Neutragena Ultra Sheer for those times when no one is around to help apply, DD is very fair)

I would suggest that you do something daily to reduce the stress of the week (meditation, bubble bath, whatever works for you) good luck with Day 2!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Have a great week!
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I am interested in hearing more about the Precision Nutrition's Lean Eating Coaching program. Doing some googling but interested in being coached if you are up to it

Hope you are having a great day! I hear you about fruit binges too.. have had a couple this week.
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Hope you are handling your stress well. How goes it?
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Hey, whatcha up to? Did you decide to go with the PN? It should start soon right?
                  Chris
                  Unknown

Comment

• I'm okay. Holding on. The last 2 weeks were stressful. I had to work over the weekend (which I HATE) while we had company (even worse!!).

We went for a hike last Saturday and got lost. We ended up missing our trail on the way back (there were a lot of intersections and no signs). My friend got really, really sick. My husband got blisters. The dogs and I were mainly tired. We ended up going straight down the ski slope (no trail) and being 4 miles from our trailhead where the car was (it was a straight hike up for the car). Since our friend was so sick, DH hitched a ride to car and came to get us. Next day, I let my husband purchase a GPS made for hiking But, you know what? I made it. 8 miles and I made it. I was a little sore, but nothing terrible.

As far as weight...I'm depressed. I lose 3-5 pounds, sabotage myself, and gain them back. I measured today and thought "yeah, this is why my pants don't fit". The only reason I'm holding steady is that we hike 1-2 times a week and lift at the gym another 2x.

I've decided that my real issues are mental. I know how to eat well (of course, when I was doing weight watchers, I would have told you the same thing...and now I have a much different nutritional outlook). I rarely even stray off the primal/paleo path. My issues are that I eat too much of the "good" stuff (fruit, nuts), crowding out the "nutritional" stuff (which, ironically, I like). I also eat when I'm not truly hungry and/or past my full point because, at the time, it tastes good.

I'm also using food to help with energy. I sleep so lightly that I rarely feel rested. A nap helps, but with my work schedule, I can usually only manage one 1-2x/week. I feel like the sleep issue is a big key to some of my issues.

On the bright side, after 6 months, the persistent acne is clearing up. I never had acne, and what little I did have went away when I went Paleo. Even when I truly was eating good (not abusing food), the acne would not go away. I'm wondering if it's the Vit D - we are spending a lot of time outside.

I really like Chris's thankfulness thought of the day. Today, I'm thankful that we moved to New Mexico and are able to get out every weekend and enjoy the outdoors. It's not only good for my physically, but I think it helps me mentally. And, it's strengthened my relationship with DH - we both look forward to this every weekend.
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh, yes. Forgot. I am going to do the PN thing. Registration is July 17. I hate to wish my summer away, but I'm ready. I need help!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• It sounds as if you are in a state of static, probably much needed given the stresses of work and lack of sleep in your life. I think working to just feel healthy and spend the hikes with dh sounds like an excellent idea, especially since it is only 10 days till you are going to kick it into high gear.

Too hot here to get outside much, I am working on all of my projects early in the morning. Everything I am working on right now requires a temperature below 90, bad timing on my part.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Yesterday was a nice day. Outside, hiking, with my DH and dogs. My "perfect" day, really. Of course, we got caught in the summer rain storm and my dogs (especially the golden retriever) were soppy, muddy, smelly messes

I'm thankful, today, for my DH. I am beyond slow when we hike. He could, quite literally, be up and down the mountain by the time I make it up. Yet, he's so patient and never says one word about how slow I am, how often we have to stop, etc. (I, on the other hand, would not be near as patient or kind). In fact, he says how much he enjoys going with me. I am very blessed on that front. I can't wait to shed this last 30-40 pounds -- I know it will make hiking that much easier. (And, because of my extra weight, he has to carry most of the stuff in his pack - it's too much for me to carry much more than some water.)
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                            Yesterday was a nice day. Outside, hiking, with my DH and dogs. My "perfect" day, really. Of course, we got caught in the summer rain storm and my dogs (especially the golden retriever) were soppy, muddy, smelly messes

I'm thankful, today, for my DH. I am beyond slow when we hike. He could, quite literally, be up and down the mountain by the time I make it up. Yet, he's so patient and never says one word about how slow I am, how often we have to stop, etc. (I, on the other hand, would not be near as patient or kind). In fact, he says how much he enjoys going with me. I am very blessed on that front. I can't wait to shed this last 30-40 pounds -- I know it will make hiking that much easier. (And, because of my extra weight, he has to carry most of the stuff in his pack - it's too much for me to carry much more than some water.)
                            yeah on your perfect day!! Summer rain... ahh we are only teased with lightening and spitting.
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• We had a 1/4" of rain in June, then none in July till the day before yesterday. Then we had a quick storm. But yesterday, we had 2 rain storms, complete with lightening. Hoping it was enough water to save the plants. Nothing will save the grass now-it is a cold season grass and 100 degree temps for days is not conducive to its survival.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• We are lacking rain here in NY too. Even the weeds are turning brown.
                                Primal since 9/24/2010
                                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

Working...
                                X