X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Silly putty. Aint that the truth!!!!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Every time I hear someone say "you just have to eat fewer calories than you use" (which lately has been in response to the answers I give to questions about what I am doing to lose weight) I want to hurt someone. Yesterday at church, no less. A lady said it and then added..."besides you need whole grains you are going to ruin your kidneys". Smile and wave boys, smile and wave.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• OMG Kill, kill, kill. I was in exercise class yesterday, telling a woman that I don't know about my program. A friend pipes up and says "Paula, I have a great diet if you ever want to work together. It's a liquid with all the nutrients you need." The woman I was talking to says "but she's doing great on her program." I know my friend just wants me to work with her for inspiration but yikes, liquid diet.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 158.8 (+.4). This is not surprising. I had a LOT of carbs yesterday (all from veggies - but still almost 2x what I usually have). I'm not worried about this one...I'll go a little lower carb today and it should go back down.

While I obviously think calories are important, they certainly aren't the only factor in this ever-changing equation. If I listened to fitday, I'd almost be at my goal weight Wish it were that easy. I'd be rockin' single digit sizes.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I can tell you that if it was that easy I would have been thin all along. I think it is the frustration of the uncertainty that gives me a WTH attitude. And then I end up at some point where something snaps-I see a photo, or my last pair of 'fat pants' don't fit anymore-and I am propelled to try to figure it out once more.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Aren't people funny.. its like that chick in my aerobics class.. she had gastric bypass lost like 140 pounds then plateaued. I casually mentioned maybe if she reduced her grain and dairy she would get off the plateau.. I was clearly thought insane. "I just can not live without bread and my SF FF yogurt and FF cottage cheese!!! I would DIE" .... and... turn to the right...ugh!

I wish it were easy too
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I cannot imagine going through a bypass and then plateauing! or worse gaining it back-most do-so sad.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• there is another woman in my class.. she has had 2, count them 2 gastric bypasses.. gained it all back both times. THATS not just sad.. that is sad and pathetic IMO
                  Karin

Comment

• One of my Mom's cancer counselors who also counsels gastric surgery patients was amazed that I would not consider the procedure since I was over 100lbs overweight and so young. It seems like such a cop out to me, but also so difficult and futile. I feel bad for people who have done that to their bodies and failed.

I take comfort in the fact that what we are doing is at least healthy.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• very true.. Until I found what I am doing I was one that wanted it. My insurance would not pay it though. However, I do not feel I need it even though I have still 100 pounds to lose. We are doing this healthy and the right way.
                      Karin

Comment

• My doc sadly told me when I was in her office a few times ago and feeling desperate, that the insurance would only cover if 1. if I lost 25 pounds first to show I was determined and 2. I had 100 pounds to lose after those 25 down and I didn't. But I was actually taken aback that she thought I would even consider it. She said no, she was hoping that she was dispelling any notion of it because I was sounding so desperate. With the IBD I don't think the insurance would actually cover it anyway. I do at times feel desperate enough to try a pill on occasion, but never to go through what they have to go through, and the more you read the worse it sounds.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Sometimes I want the easy solution, but know in my heart it's not the long-term solution.

I used to be excited for my goal weight. Thought I could relax a bit. In theory, my maintenance calories are quite a bit higher than my loss calories, but it sure seems like it doesn't take much for a gain. We shall see. I maintained at 170 for a long time and that was easy. Maybe it's just that I'm so focused on getting down. Enjoy the journey? I've been overweight my entire life. I want to enjoy maintenance and I want it noooooooow!

Okay, done whining for the night!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I've heard some frightening stats about gastric bypass - 40% of people who've had it done die w/in 10yrs. AND many only lose 1/3 of the weight they need to. I think many of us here have done that with our WOE (or are well on their way if not that far yet). I hear y'all about being stuck or slow going though. I've been stuck since Oct, but will carry on as weight loss is only part of the picture of health.

Comment

• I saw a recent study that suggested that losing weight caused the metabolism to be lower than it would be if you were naturally at that weight. That is why so many gain back. It is suggested that for about another year (more or less depending on how much you lost, how fast you lost, how much muscle you lost, etc) that you maintain the lower calories and work to build muscle back and slowly increase the calories.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Hmmm, that's very interesting, Chris. It makes sense though.

159. Up. Again. Moving on.

Off to SF. Wearing a new (size medium - although don't get too impressed - I swear they are sizing clothing bigger these days) dress that is a bit snug. I wore jewelry and went to town trying to look nice today. I'm hoping it helps keep me on track. Sometimes, I need the extra effort to look good (especially since I can wear my PJs all day if I wanted to most days...although I rarely let that happen!).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X