No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I made a BAS for dinner last night, it was beautiful! Had mixed greens, orange bell pepper, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, pecans, sunflower seeds, with a very nice Olive oil and some ACV. I swear I could feel my body saying something like "Now that's the ticket!" I should have done a few pieces of chicken or something, but I had had so much protein the day before I decided to go with nuts and seeds.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The salad sound beautiful. What time should I arrive for dinner tonight? I make my salads in the same way. For potlucks, people usually request that I bring the salad because I put more than lettuce and tomatoes in mine! I like (depending on what I have) roasted red bell peppers, pickled okra, artichoke hearts, radishes, cucumber, etc.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• I am 'famous' for my poppy seed salad...Mixed greens, chopped dried dates, chopped avocado or papaya, craisins, halved green and red grapes, sliced mushrooms, walnuts and blue cheese. The dressing is a vinaigrette I make with ACV, Olive oil, dry mustard, salt, onion powder, and poppy seeds. I used to add sugar but now add stevia. I usually serve the dressing at room temp and put it on the salad about 20 minutes before serving so the greens are slightly wilted and everything has marinated a bit. Fantastic.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I'm going to need to keep that recipe. Sounds awesome!!!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• I am SO hungry today. Just feels like I'm a bottomless pit, even with 9 servings of veggies already. I feel a little tired and I know I'm stressed (work), but goodness gracious!
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Gosh you must be hungry if you already had your 9 veggies. Hope you can hold out.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• I made it. Still full. Maybe I just needed the food earlier in the day. We shall see.

I bought a size 10 dress tonight. It is a snug in my stomach area, but overall, gives me some nice curves. It's red. I feel pretty in it ( although I probably won't wear it for a month or so).
                -- Ruth

Comment

• yeah for a new dress. I do not have dresses.. I think I have a skirt..or two..i dunno.. i never wear them LOL I want a little black dress though!!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Congrats on the size 10, and feeling pretty! I have a lovely little red dress that I am very close to being able to wear. Actually, had planned it for a Christmas party but it still felt too tight, will have to find some place to wear it in another few pounds! The perfect little black dress is always the big goal for me!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Hurray for new dresses! I have bought several in the last 6 months.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• 158.4 today. Slowly moving down 3 days of extra veggies (keeping lots of protein) - feel like I have more energy. It may be the placebo effect, but regardless, I'll take it!

I wear more dresses than pants. I'm smaller up top and so can often find dresses that flatter the top and minimize the bottom. I struggle to find pants that fit well (although Ann Taylor pants are usually my best best...provided I can find them for a price I'm willing to pay).

Here are some progress pictures -- one near my highest weight and one from yesterday. Progress!
                        Attached Files
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Holy Crap! You look fantastic! Especially like the collar bones.

I am the same way about skirts vs. pants. They just don't make pants for a woman whose waist is so much smaller than her hips, and they tend to ride up. Although the 'trouser' style works well when I can find them. Mostly I wear a more 50's style. Attention on the waist, with a fuller skirt (not the pencil skirt style of the 50's) more "I Love Lucy" stuff.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Great Pictures, Ruth.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Today was a good day. Did a little shopping on the clearance isles. Size 10 pants, 12 jeans, medium dress, medium blazer. Exciting for sure.

The carbs were...a bit (a lot) high. All from veggies. Don't know how the scale will react. I get so frustrated sometimes. I wish I knew exactly what I needed to continually lose weight. Even if it was hard. Even if I didn't like it. If I just knew the "key". It's the continual guessing that gets to me. Grrr. And, why is it so easy for some people and not others? I feel like I have to be 100x better than most people. Sigh... At least I'm heading in the right direction. I'm not starving. I'm not killing myself with exercise. I like certainty...even if it's crappy certainty!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• WOW!!! You look amazing!! How exciting to shop for newer SMALLER clothes as well!! I am just thrilled for you Ruth!! Keep at it girlie!!

As for the key?? I honestly think its made of silly putty. The key changes and does not always unlock the same lock without constant persistence. Persistence that leaves you feeling slightly crazy..LOL
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X