No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 161.4. Sigh. I won't be able to deal with this until I get home from Wyoming next week. Sigh, again.

My body is very unhappy with my. My face is a broken out mess. Even DH commented. My body hurts. Even walking makes my legs ache. Here's what I know:
    * I'm very stressed. Work is a zoo. Wyoming means I have to face the facts that my grandparents are truly gone (yes, I know this, but I can often ignore the fact), my family is stressful, and I don't want to deal with the estate crap, taxes, etc. It also means that food quality will be tough.
    * I'm tired. Not only did I not sleep well last week, this week I had long work days followed by late nights. There was also lots of socialization, which can be challenging for an introvert
    * Too much pork. My body is really sensitive to meat quality. Doesn't seem fair, but that's the facts of my body. I can eat pork/chicken 2x or so per week, but not much more.
    * Calorie creep. I was eating about 200 calories more per day. Still, theoretically, in my losing calorie range, but I'm pretty sedentary (desk job!), and I think those made a difference.
    * Hungry. I've been hungry. I think when you're tired and you can't get sleep, the body demands more food to keep itself running (I'm probably deluding myself here, but I believe the body wants to survive and thrive, so that's how I support my theory).

Thanks, ladies, for your support. It helps keep my from throwing up my hands and falling (back) into the bin of pork rinds! I'll probably be pretty scarce for a few days, but I'll be checking in on you by phone.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well, you need to know that this too shall pass, and we will support you the whole way! I am so very sorry that is all I can offer.

I will tell you that hormonally, you do get hungrier when you have not had enough sleep. There have been studies. Make yourself a nice grass fed steak and a plate of greens before you leave.

Remember that getting off somewhere and having a good cry is going to be much better for you than eating. Do it as often as you need to!
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree with going off to cry or get your head together. Sometimes family can be a bit much (this I can attest). Hang in there, we have your back chickie!!

Where in Wyoming??
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• thinking about cha, hope things are going better than you had hoped.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Have an awesome positive day!!
            Karin

Comment

• We are with you in spirit.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Thanks, ladies. What good Internet friends I have! Crazy busy and cold! Snow. Yuck. Karin - Green River.

Food quality here stinks. Lots of meals out. Mostly primal (a bit of potatoes/rice), too many calories, carbs. Not eating my through emotions, but I'm tired! Got up at 3:30 am to get work done. Like I said, just too many calories. Staying with my BFF's parents. They got me apples (lived on these when my grandparents were sick), spinach, eggs, and my fancy sparkling water. At I hop last night, I asked for broccoli instead of pancakes. His face was classic! Extra vwggies at the Thai place.

Hope you are all well. Sorry for rambling...a bit tired!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Breathe deep, go for a walk and give yourself a break! You are doing your best to deal and some days, the crap wins! When I get overwhelmed, I tell myself "You can do this" again and again!

Comment

• Feel free to rant and ramble! This is the perfect venue for that.

Hang in there, I agree with MudFlinger, don't forget to get some time alone, it is essential for you!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Sounds like your friends are taking care of you Sounds like you are eating well as well, which is a plus. However, next time have the camera phone ready to snap the shot!!

That crisp cool air will also do wonders for clearing your head and relaxing
                      Karin

Comment

• That's one way to look at the cold

Feeling better today. Finally got about 9 pretty solid hours of sleep. I'm still tired, but feeling better.

Another busy day, but we have a game plan. Spinach, cabbage, and ground beef for breakfast. Quality when I can control things. Must avoid (the super sweet and tasty) apples - too much sugar when I'm tired is not good!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• You can always take the apples home and 'can' them so you can eat them a little at a time.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Hope things are going well, and that you are being able to take some time alone for yourself.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• How is it going???
                              Karin

Comment

• I'm baaaaaaaack. I'm tired. But relieved. So glad I went and got things taken care of. Oh, the paperwork. If you have children, I hope you have a will (and if not, go get one). And, please have only one executor - preferably someone with little to no interest in the estate. More than one? BIG pain in the rear!!!!

159 today. Maybe stress was really impacting me more than I realized. I'm still stressed (work), but less so. Still tired - not sleeping well - but at least I'm in bed for 9 hours. Time to get back into my routine - water (oh, how I've missed you!), walking, EMs, sprinting, normal sleeping, home cooking (with LOTS of veggies).

I did the best I could in terms of eating. There was a LOT of eating out. When we were forced to fast food, we had subway. I had a steak salad (double meat) on spinach, with all the veggies, and mustard as "dressing". I had some potatoes and popcorn.

I feel like I spent the last 5 weeks on maintenance mode. Now, it's time to kick it in gear. Vacation is coming soon!
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X