Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
    My food processor finally died. Blender died last year. Want a Vitamix, but I'm too cheap. Husband keeps pointing to the Ninja...
    Mine was only 50 bucks at Sam's Club - about the same price as a half way decent blender. My blender still works, but I thought it would die every time I used it. I'll pass it on to my brother so he can officialy be the one to kill it

Comment

• Thought I'd answer you here so we don't fill pebbles journal w/ our chatting I'd love to dog sled, but our dogs are spoiled and my alpha girl is "too good" to pull a sled. Last time I tried, my son was a baby and she tried to dump him, sled and all in the creek! Her job is to be my companion and protector and she takes that job very seriously, that and bossing our male dogs around. I'm hoping to learn to run them as a pack as I get more fit. It's hard to take all 3 out together as they totally out power me and you never know what could happen! I have seen people roller bladeing with a pack of dogs, and dream of the day that I am strong and fit enough to teach my goof balls to do something like this.

Comment

• Yeah, while I was in bed, people were running all over my journal. No worries, it makes my journal look popular.:P

Mudflinger, It is so cool that you have a "pack"of dogs...very Primal.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• wow, you guys got chatty while I was busy.

Karin, on the egg/mayo issue, you can use pasteurized eggs or wash the shell before you use it (most of the bacteria are on the outside of the shell) or there is a way to kill the bacteria without totally cooking the egg, just partially cooking it. Can't remember how-check Alton Brown on google maybe.

EVOO is, I thought, horrible in the mayo, have used both walnut oil and avocado oil and they were very good.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I am going to go for a lighter OO. Aren't those other oils terribly expensive?
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• 160.6 (-.2) a SLOOOOOOOOW movement down. How come things bounce up so quickly but come down slower than molasses moving?

So, busy day of work, then legislative dinners tonight. My boss and the President/CEO of the company will be in town. I'm wearing a Size 12 black dress. Think I'll look good. Last time, I could barely squeeze into my Size 16 black dress. Progress. The eating will be a challenge. I'm going to try and fast or pick at a salad. The gluten/dairy issue makes it easy when people comment (I don't care per se what people thing, but I have a specific purpose, and it's not to stand out in that way). My lobbyist is retiring at the end of the session and I want her job. I need to "show myself" well

Bone broth = total awesomeness. DH had 2 BIG bowls of green chile stew. He said "you can make this anytime", which in our house is the highest compliment one can be paid (in terms of food). The veggie soup was good. The jerky rocked!! DH and I got the annual filing completed. I vacuumed. Read a romance novel. Request for more jerky. Will get that in the dehydrator and then I need to scoot and get some work done. Lots of meetings I need to prepare for.

Have a great day!
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Awesome! Have a great day!
                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• yep they can be pricey, but I don't use mayo much, only to make those picnic type salads for company, I figure if I am making mayo I can splurge. I suspect you could go for a very light OO.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• wow, when I read what you guys accomplish in a day it makes me feel like a slug!
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I get walnut oil at vitamin cottage. It's <$4 for a small jar - which is the exact amount I use for the mayo. Not too pricey when you see what they want for better mayo and they still put some crap oil in it. We don't use it often - I've had it go bad on me from age (and that takes a few weeks). Avacado oil is like 3 times more than that, but I hear it is yummy also. I tend to just use the plain old avacado in that case - the simpler the better. It mushes up great in tuna salad

Comment

• I like to use the avocado straight up as well, just use a nice ripe one and mash it up (I use canned salmon instead of tuna, but same basic idea).
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• 161.4 (.8) - What the fudge??????????????????????? I'm up almost 3 pounds in a week. I am so confused. I have always known that calories in/calories out are only part of the equation, because this is sure not consistent with my calorie intake. I am not secretly eating food that I'm not recording. I just don't know. I'm walking daily. Sprinted Saturday. 2 days of EM last week. Sigh........

Okay, reception and dinner were good. Have to be in SF today and then another reception tonight. I'm tired. Then I go to Wyoming to finish up the estate stuff. I hope we get done. I'm tired of it all!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh man, I feel for ya. there are just so many times when following the plan to a tee and the weight doesn't do what I think it should, and there have been times in the opposite direction where I ate a little too much and then lost. The scale is a horrible indicator of fat loss progress in the short term and only slightly better over the long run, but it is a fast and easy if not totally reliable piece of information.

So a question I have for you is...are you eating the same thing days in a row? I mean basically hitting the same numbers, maybe you need to shake it up a little, if you have been doing high protein moderate fat try going high fat moderate protein maybe?

Glad your reception went well, hope tonight's is even better!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• So sorry Ruth, how frustrating.

Chris gave some great advice. Shake it up. When is TOM due to be over?
                              Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• Ruth- UGH!! That stinks.. Hang in there chickie!! I agree, Chris brings up a great idea.
                                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X