No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's about a 4 hour drive. This one is business for me. Not sure why, but middle son LOVES to drive me (I think it's something to do with being a middle child. I think he craves the attention, though he will NEVER admit it). Our deal is, always, if he has the grades (and it's only one day), he can come with me. It keeps his grades up and gives us bonding time. Austin in a an involved flight schedule...not much fun. Those ones, I'll do by myself. My kids are NOT happy about those two trips.

My eating is TERRIBLE. I'll update more on that front next week and check out Mark's article (which are usually enjoyable - he's a very good writer).

Yes. I have 2 drivers now. I both love and hate it. I actually loved driving them -- good time together, I learned a lot of them and what was going on in their lives. However, I absolutely ADORE have errand boys. Holy cow, frees up a lot of my time We've told my youngest, who is in 8th grade, that he won't take driver's ed until the end of his freshman year. He just isn't mature enough yet, regardless of his age.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Even with a driver's license, since we are a 2 car family with 4 drivers I still get a lot of time getting to drive them. So glad we didn't get them cars and that they chose not to get one on their own.

On the food front, I am working to make each decision the best one in each circumstance as opposed to going with a F-it attitude. Today is a fast day, but I already have all of my calories in and still have to make Honey dinner.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• One last trip on Monday/Tuesday, then home for awhile. DH is headed to Nepal for 2 weeks, so it will be me and the boys. Lots going on. Food, well, it's been comfort, which isn't great for the waist-line
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Is this the one to DFW? If so, wave to me while you are in the area.

Comment

• My last one to Austin. I go through DFW and always think of you
            -- Ruth

Comment

• You can wave to Middlest, too, when you hit Austin.

Comment

• Goodbye Ruth. God Bless you and your family. Your sons are lucky to have you.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ah, P, sure gonna miss you.

Sick.............................

Trying not to over-react to the behavior of one of my kids What's the natural consequence for disregarding curfew????
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• In my house it was restriction. Could not go anywhere or do anything with friends for a designated period of time. Nowadays? Maybe electronics?
                    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• For a one-time event that had a reasonable explanation, I did a talk about how I worry, responsibility, etc. For two in a row, the curfew gets dialed WAY back, from 10pm to 8pm. I found the embarrassment of having to be in so early, worked better than not being allowed to go out at all. Never had to do that more than once. (So far, knock on wood.)

Comment

• My brother was really bad about Curfew. After all other consequences failed, (the responsibility/worry talk, the earlier curfew, the no driving-my parents never did a total restriction, mom said she could not stand the idea of her evenings being ruined by a sullen teenager!) he had to be dropped off and picked up by either my mom, my dad, my sister, or myself, at the earlier curfew (parents did want anyone to have to stay up to go get him). Then privileges were slowly given back. Getting to drive and the later curfew being the last added.
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So many things to update, but so little initiative to type. Too bad it just can't ooze out of my brain!!!!

DH is in Nepal for 2 weeks, so just me and the boys. That generally goes okay, but it is nice to have a second hand. They mind pretty well and generally don't take advantage.

I started my own therapy to help with my issues. We will review the idea of marriage counseling when DH gets back. The biggest thing we are working on is my lack of self confidence, which seems to permeate EVERYTHING. Easier said than done.

Eating back on track today and gym (hopefully) on Wednesday. Good news, though, my weight has been holding pretty steady. Middle son said my jeans were getting too baggy and I needed to get some ones. I need to lose 10 lb, then I'll have a few more things to wear. Thanks to Sabine and her tidying discussion, I sure don't have many things left in the closet....at least in the current size
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• I just got a book from the library called "Hold me Tight" about couples therapy. Just started it but you might want to look into it re:marriage counseling.

I will come back to you when I am on a computer. But wanted to let you know I am here. And taking care of yourself is a great step towards self confidence.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• ok, so other things that I forced myself to do in order to improve self confidence....

-wear clothes that I think make me look good, and that feel good, not that are doing a good job of hiding the fat.
                              -positive self talk, ridiculous as it sounds, every time I catch a glimpse of my reflection I say (in my head) the equivalent of "looking good!"
                              -stopped talking myself down to others, this is a huge one, in conversation it was as if I tried to let the person I was talking to know that I knew that I am fat. Obviously I didn't say "I'm fat" but I would poke fun at my weight.
                              -making sure that I do something I really enjoy, just for me, about once a week, I do slip on this sometimes, but I am working on it, knowing that "for me" includes making gifts for others.

that is all I can think of right now. I realize you have different issues than I do, but certainly these steps could be helpful. I do think it is good to be honest with myself regarding times when I fall off the wagon, but try to use those as learning lessons as opposed to chances to beat myself up.

thinking about you.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I agree with Chris. Wearing things you feel good in and thinking positive thoughts about yourself makes such a difference!
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X