No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You are an inspiration. I miss chatting with you!!
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Home late tonight. Update sometime this week. Lots of food, lots of alcohol...my pants don't fit :-)
      -- Ruth

Comment

• looks like it was fun though
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Ok, time for an update.

Things are going pretty well. I had a FANTASTIC time with my best friend in the world. We don't see eachother often, but have, and remain, friends (since I was in high school). She knows me in a way that no one else does. She grew up with me, knew my family, knows my past, etc. It was good. We talked, we cried, we laughed. We did some some emotional work, which I continue to need. We ate a TON. We drank a TON. It wasn't all primal, but it was all good. A very nice dinner at a Thai restaurant. Homemade fajitas and guac. Ice cream at a local place that makes it all from scratch. Chipotle. All very much worth it.

Weight wise. I started the month at 197. I ended at 191 (.2). HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This was with my BIL visiting, a business trip, and 5 days of really high calorie days. And, Halloween candy (I know that Dallas and Melissa of Whole9 say this candy is not special, and mostly I agree with them, except that we don't buy candy - at all - except for Halloween - so it does become special to me). I'm mostly primal, but it is beyond nice to be able to enjoy life. This is a much healthier way for me to be. Oh, and the vacation weight is GONE. I think the secret is to get immediately back on plan, even if it's HARD.

Doing lots and lots of my own emotional work. It leaves me exhausted. Still pretty sure I have a touch of clinical depression...I need to get in. In the meantime, will start taking my Melatonin and fish oil again. DH and I, well, we're still struggling. But, we're working through things and I can't ask for more. If we can get to the other side, our marriage will be stronger than ever.

The kids are great, though, as one might expect, we have issues. But, we keep loving them, working with them, and doing our best to help them.

Other than that, today is an UD and I am enjoying food. I'm sure I'll see a decent bounce tomorrow, but I'm totally okay with that. I say 188 for a day, which was cool, because that's the weight I was when the boys came. I'm sure I'll get there and below this month. Then, onward to 160, where I was for so long.

I bought some new clothes this weekend. It's amazing what clothing that fits your body will do for your self confidence. I hope to continue to get smaller, but was tired of punishing myself for where I was. I bought them on clearance (mostly), but it was worth it. I'm worth it (and, to be clear, we can afford it, which I know isn't always the case).
          -- Ruth

Comment

• very excited for you and your weight that is a lot for one month, congrats.

I haven't hit the halloween candy yet, not opened the bag or told DH where it is, we'll see how it goes once the candy is in the bowl.

Will the boys do anything for halloween? My daughter, the social butterfly has a very busy week of halloween related activities, my son appears to be going with the idea that it is just another day.

Oh, marriage, if it was easy everyone would do it and stay there! I think that changing that sentence to "when we get to the other side" could go a long way to help ensure that you do. I think life fulfills expectations, and knowing you will get to the other side often changes things that you will do or say.

all it takes is a few versatile pieces that fit well and feel good and it can make all the difference in the world. I have stopped buying just because I finally found something that fit, and now put higher expectations on my clothes and am so much happier, but this just occurred very recently where now at my lower weight I actually have enough things that fit that I can pick and choose.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wonderful news, Ruth. I'm glad you had such a good visit with your friend. Connections like that are so important.

And good job getting right back on your plan. I agree, that's vital. (But hard.)

Comment

• Glad about all of your good news.
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• That sounds like a wonderful time! And congratulations on the weight loss, especially under the circumstances. I hope by next year to be where you are now (with weight -- we can both live our own separate lives... :-)
                  PaleoJane

Primal Journal PaleoJane

If you believe it without knowing why you believe it, you might as well believe a lie.

Comment

• Your thoughts. My youngest is struggling mightily in school. One of his teachers also had my middle son and at that time, the middle son did really well in school (he's slacking these days). We went to the middle school yesterday and my middle son wanted to go see the teacher (I wasn't there). The teacher not only proceeded to discuss my younger son with said middle son, but did so IN FRONT of my youngest son. This creates several problems. First, this exacerbates the sibling rivalry (which is borderline unhealthy) that already exists. Second, the kid with no self confidence in his academic abilities has now been beat down by his teacher and older brother == and I think in front of other kids. Third, my middle son has problems where he thinks he knows everything (and that we won't listen to any of his great and all-knowing wisdom) and focuses on being critical of every one else and not working on his issues. Do I call this teacher? Am I over-reacting? Do I let this go? I do think the teacher had good intentions, but I am pretty livid at what he's done...
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Talk to the teacher. It is inappropriate to bring siblings in on that type of information. Tell him what you just told us and the effect it had on youngest son.
                      Primal since 9/24/2010
                      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Agreed. The type of information shared is for the parents only.

Sent from my KFOT using Tapatalk 2
                        Karin

Comment

• Progress report....not so sure where I am Onward and hopefully downward.
                          31-Oct 191.2 UD
                          1-Nov 192 DD
                          2-Nov 192 UD Amarillo
                          3-Nov DNW DD Amarillo
                          4-Nov 191.2 DD
                          5-Nov 190.4 UD Santa Fe
                          6-Nov 189.4 DD
                          7-Nov 189.8 UD Santa Fe
                          8-Nov 190.6 DD
                          9-Nov 191.2 UD

Funny story. My kids give me such a hard time that I "barely" eat anything (if I barely eat anything, I'd like to know why I'm roughly 190 lb???). Anyway, yesterday was a higher DD, but my middle son was still cranky that I wasn't eating dinner (after sampling through the entire prep). He asked what my average calories were and I told him 1200. He freaked out - "that's not enough nutrition for you!!! You need to eat more." Ah, dear son, if I could lose weight and eat more, I certainly would....

Anyway, today is a high calorie day. I'm freaked by the scale but know that there are natural ups and downs and I have to go with it.

I also have this patch of insane swelling, a little bruising, the size of my palm on my right leg (front of the calf, whatever that is called). I haven't been to the gym or done anything that should cause this. Now I'm a bit freaked out....
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• You just have to keep at it, you know there are often drops after an UD. Be sure to put your weights in a tracker that gives you a graphic view. It makes a huge difference to see the downward movement even though it is so jagged and slow.

The swelling...mid calf, just below the knee, just above the ankle? Tender? weird
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• ok bruised sister.. I have a bruised up leg as well and sympathize
                              Karin

Comment

• Today I weighted 186.8, though today will be a super UD with DH's birthday. From my recent high of 202, that's like 15 lb. Do you know where I think it has all come off of? My lovely well-endowed chest Off to the doctor and then to find DH a gluten free cake (bad wife - it's been a WEEK).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X