No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes. I can still enjoy life with my kids, still enjoy weekends (Friday and Sunday...for some reason, Saturdays are usually a really easy day to sneak in a low cal day). After a really high UD, the DD is hard. Monday is usually the most difficult, Tuesday, surprisingly, the easiest. And, after 2 UDs in a row? It's a completely rough DD.

How Sabine does something like a week, I don't know. After my 2nd low cal day, I'm pretty ravenous Though, last night I was forcing myself to eat something so that my day today would not be completely and totally hard. So far, I'm not doing too badly.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• so I just realized we both do Tuesday and Thursday as DD's. How is today's going?
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Today is a 4/5. The boys are out of school and my brother in law is visiting...I sent them all to lunch (a buffet) telling them I had a conference call. I don't mind just having something to drink, but that just doesn't work at a buffet I have dinner basically cooked (easier for me to do that in the morning) so all I have to do is heat it up. Tomorrow probably won't get me back to my lowest weight, but I expect that next Wednesday will show something good

And you? It's nice to share low cal days
        Last edited by RMS123; 10-09-2014, 01:35 PM. Reason: Clarification
        -- Ruth

Comment

• So far so good. I did forget when I got home today and bit into an apple on my way to add some nut butter to it, but caught myself before I got into the PB. Weird as I don't usually forget I am on a DD, I usually consciously decide I am going to eat it anyway. The apple is the first calories of the day so no harm done.

Just getting ready for Dudla and her friend. They are going to have grilled cheese and salad. So that is easy.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• So, 192.2. That is very good after one low cal day and lifting weights yesterday. Either today or tomorrow needs to be a low cal, trying to decide where I'm going. Saturdays are usually relatively easy for this (don't ask me why...), but my BIL is in town. I have to run over to SF today, so it might work better for today. The one thing I know - I have to spot on commit to a low cal day at the very beginning or it all goes down hill from there.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Since I like to have calories at the end of the day, I have to decide it is a low cal day before I drink my coffee. Since my iced coffee has 130 calories in it I switch it out for Hi-Caf teas on my low cal days. It may be totally mental, but I need to be able to have all my calories available at the end of the day. I don't always use them, but if they aren't there it is a sure bet I am going over.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• yeah for seeing a downward trend. As for the UP? meh, its called life sistah!! We ALL have been there.
                Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• So, family pictures tomorrow. Not feeling good about the way I look, but I cannot put my entire life on hold due to my weight. I shall go, smile, and be happy that I get some pictures with the 4 men in my life.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Google some camera angles. I found in the photo we took for the Christmas card last year that straight on was the least flattering. When Honey and I walked down a few steps and looked back up at Dudla as she took the picture it was not only more flattering but much more interesting.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• I do look better that way as well (and, if I slightly tilt my head down). I'm hoping this photographer is good.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Don't let him/her intimidate you, ask for what you want if you don't feel like the photographer is capturing what you want. Easier if you go in prepared but not rigid.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Thanks, Chris. Good advice.

So, 192.4 after my low cal day. Bummer But, I had beans, rice, and cheese yesterday...and I'm having an incredible amount of 2nd day soreness, so, if I have a semi-healthy high cal day today and continue with solid rotations, all should be good. Of course, Monday, I have a lunch meeting (rather unusual), Wednesday night is mom's night (never healthy), Thursday is Texas including a happy hour, Friday is coming home, and Saturday is me and 2 of my boys. Then the following week, I go see my best friend for 4 days. None of that is good for rotating, but I'm going to do my best.

Pictures, pictures. So not looking forward to them....
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• All you can do is the best you can do, right. Life happens.

I made meringue clouds yesterday, so yummy. I had made a new recipe of ice-cream for Honey and it used 6 (!) egg yolks, so I had 6 egg whites and whipped them up with 1/4tsp cream of tarter, then as they got foamy I slowly added 1/3C of sugar, and 1/2tsp of chai seasoning mix, and some vanilla beans and whipped until stiff peaks formed. Plopped them by teaspoon to tablespoon size (I am not a precise person) onto parchment paper covered cookie sheets, and baked for almost 2 hours in a 200 degree convection oven. Turned the oven off and left them in there till the oven was cool. YUM! It made about 150 little puffs (took 3 cookies sheets). Not too sweet (you could use up to 1/2C of sugar if you want it a bit sweeter), nice and spicy (you could use a pumpkin spice as well), a good source of protein for an up day.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• Trying to update on my phone is a PITA!!!!!

Today - 191.2!!!!! Yesterday was a spot on low cal day. Today is an UD to accommodate my crazy schedule.

Being a parent is hard. Being a parent to kids from trauma, plus teenage stuff, is really hard. Family members who think they know anything make my head hurt....

Last night, I was saying something about my weight. My middle son told me to knock it off or he was going to hit me :-) then, my older sin was going to hit him for hitting me :-) gotta love these boys....
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• I never talk about weight/dieting or anything related unless it is mentioned. Both of my kids, for example, wondered why I wasn't eating dinner on separate occasions. So I briefly explained the 4:3. I did also correct my husband, when he said, in front of the kids, that he ate breakfast because it was the most important t meal of the day. I just didn't want my kids to grow up dieting.

Parenting is definitely not for the weak or the weary, though it does make you weak and weary!
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X