No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very interesting. I have long been a fan of the Whole30. I have always thought that white potatoes could have a place. Do not ask me why this makes me excited (other than I'm contemplating a W30 when my boys are back in school...maybe....).

New Whole30 Program Rules | The Whole30 Program
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Maybe you should review P's PHD plan?

I just borrowed The Every Other Day Diet by Krista Varady and it is what I am reading on the treadmill. I like it. I am doing a 4:3 and will probably stick to that because I can do either Friday or Saturday as my fast and I know that I can plan social events/lunch with friends/etc. on T-Th or Sunday. It works and I got too tripped up when I tried ADF when the fast days fell on a day I wanted to do something. I am not nearly as dedicated as Sabine and used it as an excuse. For me the certainty of the M-W-F works better.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
        Very interesting. I have long been a fan of the Whole30. I have always thought that white potatoes could have a place.
        Oooh that is exciting. That makes my PHD plan fully W30 compliant if I leave out white rice.

I think Chris is referring to the fact that PHD has you eat in an 8 hr window. This gives you a daily IF, but allows you to fit in two meals. Generally, I eat lunch and dinner.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Yep, that and the potato. Plus you guys would be on the same program, always easier with a buddy.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think I do eat with a Phd bent. Incidentally, a few more good carbs helps make me feel better.

A few random good things going on in my life.
            * My son was able to sleep with me in his room during the sleep study (for a lot of people this doesn't sound big, but with this son, it is HUGE in terms of underlying trust).
            * I always text my sons and tell them good night & that I love them, especially if they are out and I'm going to bed early. One of them has replied - twice - "love you too".
            * One of them jumps on me and then lays on me (like a little kid). He also just come and lays by me and I surf pinterest and he watches Vines.
            * DH and I are doing better. Not always fantastic, but definitely marked improvement. Move on this in a future post.

Not losing, but not gaining, either. Also, I did lose 4.5 lb that first week, so I do need to try and let my body catch up with me.

We have a funeral today for the boys' cousin, so I'll be out and about most of the day.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• oh gosh, sorry about the cousin.

Love the list of the good things.

Not sure if I told you about this or not, but I found a free app called Happy Scales, for my iPhone (not sure if you use an iPhone). Anyway you plug in your daily weight and it levels out the number to give you your "true weight". After the first week it never goes as high as your highest (unless you go over it I guess) and not as low as your lowest until you go lower. Very simple, clean, I really like it.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• hoping you are happy busy and that things are going well.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                  Middle son volunteered to make dinner. Who knows about calories, but I'm pretty darned excited to not have to cook!!!!!!!!!!!
                  awesome kiddos!

Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                  I think I do eat with a Phd bent. Incidentally, a few more good carbs helps make me feel better.

A few random good things going on in my life.
                  * My son was able to sleep with me in his room during the sleep study (for a lot of people this doesn't sound big, but with this son, it is HUGE in terms of underlying trust).
                  * I always text my sons and tell them good night & that I love them, especially if they are out and I'm going to bed early. One of them has replied - twice - "love you too".
                  * One of them jumps on me and then lays on me (like a little kid). He also just come and lays by me and I surf pinterest and he watches Vines.
                  * DH and I are doing better. Not always fantastic, but definitely marked improvement. Move on this in a future post.

Not losing, but not gaining, either. Also, I did lose 4.5 lb that first week, so I do need to try and let my body catch up with me.

We have a funeral today for the boys' cousin, so I'll be out and about most of the day.
                  so sorry to hear about the cousin but wow.. you all have come so far! Love the list!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• what is up girly?
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Our adoption has been noticed and set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It should finalize on Aug. 7. I am SO excited.

Leaving for vacation on Saturday.

DH and I are STRUGGLING. Our therapist called me out big time in our individual session on Saturday. It was justified, but still incredibly hard. I am working on it.

One meal a day is going well, though the scale is NOT budging. But, this seems pretty sustainable, so I'm just going to keep with it.

Thinking of you all, even if I'm not being really good about posting in your journals.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Great News on the adoption date! So happy for you.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• absolutely thrilled about the adoption, and sorry about your struggles with DH. Thinking about you!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Great news on the adoption.

And, I'm a firm believer in-- if both people in a relationship are committed, willing and actively working on making the relationship survive and thrive, then struggles can be looked at as learning tools. Not fun, but tools nonetheless.

Comment

• I agree 110%
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Agreed...and, we are both committed. Truthfully, we've had unresolved issues for a long time....kids, especially these kids, just brought them all to the forefront to be dealt with. I can, though, see how adoption (and kids in general) could easily lead to the dissolution of a marriage. We're very fortunate to have a lot of help and we both are committed to making it work (though, of course, there are days).
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X