• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe from 3-4 you can go for a walk?
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• When it cools down again, yeah. Actually, my big issue is the sun. Still too intense.

I try to get one of my DSs to do driving practice around then..............
      -- Ruth

Comment

• On the adoption thing, well many people just don't get it. Our daughter was sexually abused and likely raped many times as a child. The kid we got at 10 yrs old was much more attached to dogs than to people. Dogs show unconditional love and won't hurt you if you don't hurt them for the most part. Most people don't understand how bad it has to be before the system will step in and rescue kids. Normal life experiences become nightmares instead of celebrations. I have found that those who judge you the most participate the least, so in the end, they matter the least. Your real tribe will celebrate with you and cry with you.

Our daughter still struggles, but she's now 18 and no one would guess her back ground. She has a future as bright as the privileged kids and is friends with many of them. The stability, love and structure you provide every day will work its magic. Fear not, you are a super hero!

Comment

• Thank you, MF, that really really helps. I tend to doubt myself, that we are providing the right "stuff" and enough, but we're doing our best. I do know that I love them beyond compare and that is one of the greatest gifts I can give them. Our therapist said they all know we love love them. It's not returned yet, but that's okay given their history. One day, maybe I will get a text back saying "love you too"

Ugh, last night I had the worst stomach ache. Like fire through my stomach. And TOM started. And, I have the WORST headache again. I'm wondering if I'm sporting a sinus infection. Feeling weepy...I am certain that it is my TOM hormones

Funny thing. It seems SO hard to wait until 4 to eat. Then, once 4 hits, it's rather easy to make it to 5 or 6. Weird, that. Wonder how much of it is just a mental block?

I have lots of chauffeuring to do today. That will help me keep from thinking about food until it's time.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• one bite at a time.. remember when you were called mom for the first time? I am sure they love in you in the way they can. How can they not??!!

Sorry about TTOM. Hope you feel better soon!!

As for the 4pm, I am sure its a mental block. You will work through it! Have today being a lady of leisure with a car and driver!
            Karin

Comment

• I know - who wouldn't love me and DH, right? In all seriousness, though, attachment is VERY hard for kids with these kind of backgrounds. It's a very real possibility that they may not attach. But, they're working on it and we're working on it. It's all we can do. But, enough of dwelling in the future. I'm working super duper hard to stay right here, right now, in the present. It makes for a happier life for me

Figured out how to get some extra calories into 2 of my kids. McDonalds frappes, made with cream and half and half. 850 calories, baby. They have no clue about the calories. The sugar isn't all that bad. Then, I make a reasonable (which tends to be toward the lower calorie side just by nature of the beast) dinner. They get calories and some nutrition. Whew. Let's just hope they remain in ignorant bliss about how many calories I'm really getting into them............

Feeling edgy today. I think it's because the adoption is coming up fast. It's going to be an amazing thing, but there's no doubt that it will reopen the old wounds of loss again. It's both amazing and sad.

I'm liking the eating window. With pure JUDDD, I was in the pantry ALL day long on an UD. Now, I don't venture over there until after 4 and usually once I eat dinner, I'm full and I'm done. However, the weight loss is crawling (though with my loss last week, I should not be surprised). I may think about layering JUDDD on top of my window. We'll see............ Or, maybe 4:3. Weekends, I really like to be a little more free.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Awesome..I will remember the calories for my own skinny Minnie when she is dropping weight, which will happen when summer is over and she is back on meds. She finally hit 70 pounds!

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                Karin

Comment

• Are you making the frappes? You could do fruit milkshakes..frozen fruit, whipping cream, vanilla, sugar, vitamix and voila, adds a bit of nutrition to the calories anyway.

I am edgy today too, not sure why.

I am thinking I am going to do 4:3 with an eating window of sorts, leaving weekends "free" though still only doing one meal, but maybe adding mimosas or something fun. Problem for me is that on my non-fasting days, I drink coffee with cream and coconut milk in the morning, which does give me calories (125). So technically, I throw off my window. Basically what I am doing is only eating once a day. This doesn't help me solve my portion control issues, but admits I have a portion control problem and works with it.
                  Chris
                  "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                  Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yep, making them in my Vitamix I'm also thinking of trying to sneak in some gelatin or just a tiny pit of protein powder (gotta do it when their back is turned though......).

I just couldn't think that 125 calories are enough to throw you off. Honestly, life is too short not to enjoy a beautiful cup of coffee if it brings you joy in the morning (I don't like coffee...sometimes a cup of chai, but I like so much cream, I'm basically drinking cream with a hint of chai).

I'm really, really, really liking the eating window. Yeah, I probably have a portion control issue, too. But, I don't stress about a dinner that is higher calorie. I can eat with my family. I can eat out if I want to/need to. And, if lunch pops up occasionally, no big deal. I suspect this might be a really good maintenance plan for me. And, shoot, it means 2 less means to plan, prep, cook, and clean!!!
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• Well on my down days I do under 500 so 125 is a good chunk of it. If I save it for my smoothie I can use cottage cheese which makes it so much smoother. As well as a bit more fruit. Those days I can just drink iced tea no cream. I do all sorts of flavors of tea so it doesn't feel like deprivation.

Starbucks has strawberry smoothies, MickeyD's has strawberry shakes. Seems like that is a flavor you could get away with. I certainly wouldn't call a cup of heavy whipping cream healthy if for no other reason than that it is a lot of cream.
                      Chris
                      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                      Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think cream is really healthy, either, but my boys have some impression that every single thing I make is healthy (I do not know why......).

You have a good DD plan. I'll let you know if that's what I decide to do next week and then we can cheer eachother on. Well, of course, I can still cheer you on even if I'm not doing it

It's my witching hour. Thank goodness I'm going to be in the car soon!!!!

If anyone besides you guys just follows me in general on Pinterest, they must think I'm spastic. I have low carb recipes, low calorie recipes, and then there's my new high fat board (mostly my name for calorie dense food for my 2 kiddos). Hehe. It must be good for a chuckle
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I finally started to reorganize my boards because every time I tried some new version of a diet I would pin like crazy to that, now I am mostly stopping the pinning of food, cause I will just google something if I want a recipe usually.

I was just starting to have a bit of trouble, then Boo wanted his hair trimmed, and then sis started texting me, so I haven't gotten up to make my smoothie, and here is it 5pm.

Boo is going to eat out, so I am just going to make Honey a frying pan full of the fresh veggies I picked up while I was out, and toss some cheese on it, add toast and voila, nothing to shove in my mouth.

oh, I was thinking your boys wouldn't be able to call the cream healthy.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• Edgy?? Full moon tomorrow

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
                            Karin

Comment

• mmm, maybe, but so far, luckily I feel better today.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Me too! I would like to have slept a little longer, but such is life with 3 boys and friends

Chris, my boys don't have a good sense of "healthy"/"not healthy". They might say a few things -- wheat bread is healthier than white; veg oil is better than butter, etc., but that's about the limit.

I need to get rid of the scale. It messes with my sense of progress. I KNOW I'm doing fantastic. Darned water, glycogen, etc.

Busy day of chauffeuring my kiddos and their friends around (they will also do some driving, but one long portion includes a foster kid, so they can't drive).

Here's what's funny about my eating window. I spend a decent amount of the day getting excited to eat. Then when it's time to eat, I'm like, whatever. Go figure...........
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X