No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wouldn't it be fun if we were all dehydrating stuff and sharing ideas? I am most interested in jerky and veggie chips.
    Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• me too. May actually do it this weekend.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• me three!!! Breaking it out this weekend.. I was thinking of a marinade with coconut aminos and the magic sprinkle!! I love that we can control the sodium.. is camels need that option!!! LOL
        Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Oh, Karin, you always crack me up!

The family wants sweet potato chips first. I'm too tired to do the jerky tonight anyway. I'll let you know how they turn out. I'm sure you'll be tired of my dehydrator exploits this weekend. Too bad it takes so long. If things turn out good, I bet I get a second machine?
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Never thought of sweet potato chips in the dehydrator - genius! When ever I do them in the oven, it is hard to get them done enough without burning some. Would need some primal chip dip though since they would be non-fat!

Comment

• Guacamole! Pâté! My husband will probably eat them with tuna salad.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh yum...
                Primal since 9/24/2010
                "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• 160.4. Up almost 2 pounds (1.8) this week. I admit, the number was a bit of a shock. However, I know it cannot be 2 pounds of fat - I have not been eating enough to gain weight - even my day of falling into pork rinds was still within my daily range. I feel hungover and my joints hurt, even though I haven't had any alcohol. I think I've too much salt over the last several days. I know I'm pretty sensitive to it. I would say this, I'm glad I don't weigh weekly. If I stepped on the scale and saw just that number, I might have a heart attack. It'll go back down. But, still, sigh...

Ok, enough of the scale foolishness. I have bone broth continuing to simmer in the crockpot. I'm about to go make sweet potato chips. Then I'll do my weekly sprints (thank goodness with tabata they over in a hurry!). I did my EMs yesterday. I'm going to attempt a pate. Also need to make several meals for the family since I'm gone most of the week, either to legislative events or to Wyoming.

I'm so thrilled for all my cooking projects. My husband says I'm like a kid on Christmas.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• I think my weigh in tomorrow will be like that due to re hydration. Glad that you can keep it all in perspective.

You girls may turn me into a cook yet.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• hello water!! I have to keep reminding myself of this.

recipe for pate?? yum!! I have loved it since I was a baby- long story but its true..LOL

Good luck with the sweet tater chips!! I want to try some zucchini chips but do not have zuc's. I have summer squash, not sure if those would work.
                      Karin

Comment

• I am having one of those days where nothing seems to be going right. That, and my hormones are raging. I put too much seasoning on my sweet potato chips. I thought I had hardly put any at all. That was apparently still too much. I'll have to use this batch in food or with food...no good on its own! Went to make pate. It was just too strong. So, that was ruined (although the dogs thought it was FANTASTIC). Almost cried because I can't find the green chile I bought yesterday for my jerky (this is when I know TOM is close...crying over green chile? please!). Yelled at the husband for nothing. Feeling sorry for myself...oh, everyone else can eat so much more liberally on primal than I can and lose weight...it'll probably take me another 2 weeks to lose these 2 pounds, even if they were just water, blah, blah, blah. Sheesh, I don't even like myself today. I think I need a retake.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• So sorry your day is not going well. Here is what I do when this sort of thing happens (when I am not too stressed to remember!) sit down at the computer wit head phones on and listen to this...Very Deep & Powerful Binaural Beat Delta Meditation Music - Relaxation Binaural - YouTube

It is a 10 minute break that helps to turn your day around! Good Luck!
                          Chris
                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Thanks, Chris. Just what I needed. Sometimes, I just need a deep breath, a cup of tea, and a little quiet. Mom went to a study group (she's in a 2 year RN program) and DH took Dog 1 (young hooligan) for a bath. Then, he'll come home, swap dogs, and I'll get a little more time. By the time everyone is home, I'll have made a nice dinner and be a human again. I'm planning to read a romance novel in the bath later as a treat for my hard work today.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• that sounds lovely.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ruth.. so sorry about the pate. Did you find the green chili's??

Sounds like you have a great plan for later. I was thinking of the bath and book as a reward for later as well
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X