Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eek...........I am SO tired today.

OUr social worker came today. She still says she's working her tail off for our date to happen in early August. I SO wish that you guys could all come, but I know it's not possible
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Definitely with you in spirit, wish I could be there in person though.

BTW napping is a good way to use up an hour of the afternoon when you are tired and trying to put off eating.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Finding myself VERY irritated for no reason today. Sigh.

Okay, this is a rather silly rant about my MIL. My BIL got married last week. His wife is a beautiful girl (body and spirit) who brings out the best in my BIL. It's a lovely match. I'm truly happy for them. My MIL writes this long post on FB about the day of their wedding being the "happiest day of her life". She's of course never said any such thing about me. Ever. I posted yesterday about our pending adoption being only a month away (!!!!). This is literally the biggest thing that has happened to DH and I since we got married. Not one comment or like [and, she sees plenty of my posts and comments on most of them, so I'm pretty certain that it showed up in her news feed]. Ugh. It's this crap that irritates me.

I need a nap!!!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Been there with family..the only thing you can do is let it go..shall I sing??!! Perish the thought!!! What does the hubs say about it?

Are you planning a family pic to post on the day it's final?? I notice you liking a photographer on fb.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• OMG. I have totally been there. Well not the facebook part but I get the gist. MIL did not care for me or the way I was bringing up my children, thought I was a terrible mom! Loved BIL 2nd wife (so do we all). In the end it became a huge joke between Honey and I because my mother adores him. He tells everyone that he has only positive MIL stories and if they want MIL horror stories they have to talk to me.

I feel for you. My MIL has passed away some 10 years now and it still bothers me that I never won her over.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• To be fair, there's no doubt in my mind that my MIL was not thinking of me in the least in her "happiest day ever" post. Of course, that's part of my issue -- she has no awareness about what her words/actions might be doing. My bigger issue, of course, is that I feel she's slighting us and our boys. And, really, she just triggers insecurities from my childhood. I am at least more aware of what pain she's triggering. Now if I could just get past it.

No movement in the weight AGAIN. Grrr. I was hoping to lose 10 lb of bloat like Sabine and P seem to be able to before we go on vacation in 2.5 weeks and then continue on with my usual 1/2 lb to 1 lb loss per week. Now, I'm probably stuck for another 3 or 4 weeks. Sigh. Story of my life.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• Grrr to the mother-in-law and her oblivious meanness. Grrr, I say!

Comment

• This is crazy, but it's just nice to have a little bit of support and a safe place to let it out about my MIL.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Could some of this be kind of cultural? Does she have a favorite son etc.?

Karin

Comment

• Yeah, a lot of culture. My BIL is 8 years younger and thus has always been babied. My inlaws have never really liked me. I'm not pretty, I'm pretty demanding and assertive, and I don't have a distinguished or rich family lineage. Nothing they can brag about with me, in a culture where status is everything. Adoption is unheard of. Adoption of older kids -- much older -- from the foster care system is crazy. My inlaws questioned us endlessly. Why not a baby. Why hispanic. Why from the foster care system. Why 3 of them. They have been almost as unsupportive as you can get. We also share very little, especially about their past (this is both legal and because I greatly respect my boys' privacy). They don't get that.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• This last hour is a KILLER. Next week, I may need to repeat 4 pm. I can make it, with only an hour left, but it is a major test of will power this week.

Something really cool about one of my sons, but I'm debating how much to share on such a public forum. Will think about a way to make it so I can share the awesomeness without divulging much information.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• We shall take the awesomeness as given. Cool!

Comment

• I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I made it until 5 for dinner. Hooray

I wish I could tell the whole story, but I think it's too much. But, I'll say this. The boys had to choose to come live with us, so that was really cool (I mean, if you can have a family by blood, you can have one by choice). Today, certain information was passed onto to me that one of our sons really, really chooses us. It's pretty amazing. I really almost cried.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                              I made it!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, I made it until 5 for dinner. Hooray

I wish I could tell the whole story, but I think it's too much. But, I'll say this. The boys had to choose to come live with us, so that was really cool (I mean, if you can have a family by blood, you can have one by choice). Today, certain information was passed onto to me that one of our sons really, really chooses us. It's pretty amazing. I really almost cried.
                              Hands in the air happy dance!!!!

Karin

Comment

• Crazy, crazy headache today. Little guy had a 24 hour stomach bug, middle guy's stomach hurt yesterday, and today, I feel like maybe I'm getting a summer cold. Ugh............

Other than that, life is good. Really liking and enjoying the eating window thing. Wishing I was losing weight at the speed of light (instead the speed of a turtle), but, such is my lot in life to be a slow loser, regardless of what I try. At least this is pretty painless (except from 3-4) and I can enjoy dinner with my family every single night.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X