No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honestly? Things are hard. My boys struggle with some very serious stuff and the decisions we make, on a daily basis, could sometimes mean the difference between life and death (not obviously everything we do). It's a lot of responsibility and a lot of days, I feel inadequate. DH and I are struggling to stay connected and keep afloat. I'm attempting to work, although I want nothing more than to quit. Here's the crazy thing. Even if I knew when we started this process all that I know now, I would do this all again. Maybe I would have convinced DH to let me quit...and perhaps I could have gotten my weight back down...but I wouldn't trade these 3 for the world...even though they may never love, even though they may never be able to trust me, even though they may walk out the door at 18 and never speak. Of course, that's all hard, because I WANT all those things.

Gained back all the weight I lost. Oh, well. "Starting" again today.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• so very sad that boys so young have so much to struggle with, but so very lucky to have you and DH (and your mom) in their court. Slow and steady wins the race, I am sure it will be the combination of things that you likely think are no big deal that will win them over.

Weight, ah yes, the constant battle. I just realized I have lost 10 pounds since I started my MDA journal, 3 years ago. So, yeah, I get it.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My standards have fallen. My house is a complete mess, and yet, I still let the boys have their friends over. Sigh..........
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Yeah! Perfect. Welcome to motherhood.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I agree. You are now baptized by fire into parenthood.

Sent from my iPad using Marks Daily Apple Forum
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• My cookies are always a hit though [Although bad Paleo mom -- they have flour. Not one of my Paleo cookies has ever been more than okay. I decided that this is not one of my battles I should bother to fight]
              -- Ruth

Comment

• We made PB cookies the other day that didn't have flour and they were the best PB cookies I have ever made. Of course they did have sugar, so not paleo, but I think you could use any nut butter and they would work. I will hunt down the recipe if you are interested.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Not only is my oldest son having a double date...it's at my house...where I cook dinner...and pick up the other 3. I take that as a compliment???

Yes to the PB recipe, please. These guys ADORE homemade cookies.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• oh my!! Well, I would take that as a compliment!
                    Karin

Comment

• That, or I'm a sucker. Oh, well. Right now, I don't mind.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Always a compliment when they are coming to your house. And even though it can be a bit of work and pricey once they get into the food, it is always preferable to have them in your house where you know what is going on!!!!

Have fun with it!

P.S. I sent you the pin for the PB cookie recipe
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Middle son now wants a chocolate cake...with filling (but indication as to what type)....and frosting (again, I'm supposed to surprise him). Yikes. I'm not really good with cakes. His girlfriend will come over at 3, everyone (except probably me) will go see the new XMen, then a few more friends will come over around 6 for a small party. He's excited -- he has not had a party since 4th grade. Pizza and whatever cake I come up with. I'm pretty sure I'm way more worried about ruining the cake than he is

Anyway, back on track to start losing weight. Sigh. I hate being over 40 lb more than I was last year, but there is absolutely nothing to do but start making my way back down.

TOM is here. I've been so distracted, I haven't been paying attention. The hormones are RAGING this month. Such is life.

Carnitas, queso (this is NOT, in any shape, form, or fashion real food), brownies for the "date" (and for the rest of us).

Taking the boys out for lunch to celebrate the end of school.

Ooh, Chris, your decadence board has some amazing stuff..........
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• dont over think it. Get a mix and call it good..

Fun, celebrating the last day of school. In a way we are too.. Sonic has $.50 corn dogs for "Last Day of School" day. I'm such a big spender! LOL
                            Karin

Comment

• So, here you go. This woman is amazing, and though I have not made her chocolate cake I have used many of her recipes and they are all fantastic, with the added bonus of it being a video. Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Buttercream - YouTube You should watch some of the videos that show the stuff she can do with buttercream.

I will tell you up front that I don't cut cakes to make multiple layers, I bake in separate pans for less time.

What I would do for "filling" is to sprinkle chopped candy or mini m&m's (the colors make it seem festive) between the layers on top of the frosting. I also sent you the pin for my full proof "buttercream" frosting.

I am in the process of editing my boards to make things easier for me to find, so the boards don't all make sense yet.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Ok, you are SO awesome (the only way it would be most awesome would be if you were here and I could pay you to make me an awesome cake). I'll let you guys know tomorrow how it turns out.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X