No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aww, that is HUGE. and honestly very quickly, though I know not quick enough for you. Boys in general doing this kind of stuff, hugging/sharing/requesting, at least in my experience, is ginormous, and I have had him for a lot longer than you have had yours! When we are sitting quietly, reading or watching tv or what ever, he will lay on the other end of the couch where I am sitting and push his toes into my leg, or actually lay his feet in my lap. If he is feeling really needy, he will start a silly tussle type fight. He will hug at the "normal" times as well...coming or going, at a sad event (ie. funeral)...but just figuring out a way to get the contact he needs at other times is not as natural for him. Where girls will sit in a big pile when they watch a movie or whatever, boys not so much, unless of course there are girls involved.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Awesome stuff!
      Primal since 9/24/2010
      "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
      MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• I try to remember these things, because it is hard going. They have made amazing progress in trusting us, but there are many, many, many layers left to go. And, there is progress, followed by backslides. It's why I try to detail the good stuff - to sustain me during the hard stuff.

Also forgot to add that 2 of my guys are now following me on Instagram (I follow them, but I wasn't ever sure it was going to be reciprocal). Actually, our oldest guy said "what? you have Instagram" [guess us old folk can't have it??].
        -- Ruth

Comment

• now you have to start using it!
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• instagram.. I have heard of it but have not dealt there yet.. lol
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• You should get one and then follow me and Chris As soon as I can start posting pictures of my boys, my Instagram will EXPLODE.
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I follow my nieces and nephews and it is fascinating!
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• Laughing hysterically. Up 3. Yesterday I ate: 2 pieces GF cinnamon bread, 3-4 oz of ground beef with spicy tomato sauce, a bowl of cabbage, a few spoonfuls of beans (this is actually the likely culprit), and about an ounce of raw grass-fed cheese. Just goes to show that the scale sometimes goes crazy for no reason (and this is pretty typical of what I've eaten for the last week).

Gotta work today. Bleck.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• ok.. signed up for instagram, now to figure out how this works..I may need a student to help me.
                    Karin

Comment

• oh Ruth, I have had the exact same experience with the scales. It is why I post on a graph for a daily weight as well as a graph for the newest lows.

Instagram is pretty self explanatory. Once you sign up. I will search you on it later and start to follow.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Since I know it can't be "real" weight, I think I'm okay with it. Truthfully, I need to stop weighing daily again, as long as I know my eating is doing ok.

Tired, tired, tired. Trying to get some rest so that I don't get sick. Can't take care of my brood if I'm not healthy!!!

Okay, ladies. Need a good recipe for potato soup and macadamia cookies....
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• I can't not weigh, it feels like a lost data point to me. It rarely effects my attitude anymore though, mostly just a curiosity.

Pinterest those recipes. I don't actually have a recipe for either one, sorry.

I laid down to take a "short" nap yesterday, set the alarm for 30 minutes, 2 hours later I wake up groggy. Still managed to fall asleep at my normal time, get a great night's sleep and wake up at my normal time. Obviously needed the sleep.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• I signed up for instagram and am confused by the format. I know I just need to sit down and push all the buttons so-to-speak.

Ruth- Oxygen mask scenario..
                            Karin

Comment

• well you are already following 4 people and have 4 people following you, so you did something right.
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• I am?? I have not checked since downloading it to the iPad this morning.
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X