No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That says so much if he brought his girlfriend home to meet you. What a good thing.
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Lots of stuff going on, most of which I can't share. However, I'm going to rant about a mom to the daughter of one of my guy's friends. This girl is my height (5"5), plays soccer, and weights like 110 lb. Her mom, sister, and brother all tell her she's FAT. There is not one single ounce of fat on this beautiful girl. None. She's athletic. She's strong. I could go on about other things, but I can't here. All I can say is that I don't understand some parents. DH and I tried for so long to have kids, it doesn't seem fair when they don't seem to care for them. They are so freaking hard, trust me, I get that. And, I guess she's doing the best she can. I shouldn't judge, because I'm so far from a perfect parent. But this one (and the treatment of some other issues) set me off. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
      -- Ruth

Comment

• While we all know we are not perfect parents, it can be very difficult to watch people who seem to be mistreating their children. One of the women I work with, well lets just say it is the consensus of the other mothers at this 'shop' that her daughter is going to be a basket case sooner rather than later.

So are the mom, sis and bro all emaciated?
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• The sis is a cheerleader and the mom is in the military. Haven't seen the brother. Someday, I will share the rest of the story. It is troubling. My guy suggested in a text (this is a different story about how I know this) that she come live here (I could not make that work, but it was a very nice thought).
          -- Ruth

Comment

• that is a nice thought on many levels, not the least of which is that he knows she would be safe at your place. So much for being a 'lousy parent', he, at least, knows he has it good.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Look at it this way too.. he does not see the issues you see if he wants her to come and live with ya'll
              Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• I am so, so tired. Rome was not built in a day, and these issues are not going to be fixed in a day. But, yeah. It's hard and it sucks. And we make big decisions every day and I'm scared every day. My stomach hurts and I can't seem to let go of the worry. And TOM is here, which usually screws up my sleep and I'm not sleeping well anyway. I'm feeling so, so sad today (darned hormones). Sigh. This too shall pass...
                -- Ruth

Comment

• At the end of the day all you can do is your best. You can not question and re-question every decision. Hang in there, be good to yourself and take a nap.
                  Karin

Comment

• Priority one, figure out a way to get enough sleep. I used to keep a worry sheet and pen on my night stand. Every time I would think of something to worry about while I was trying to sleep I would write it down. And that way I could let it to until tomorrow. No lights so in the morning I could rarely read it. But on the other hand at least 90% of what we worry about never happens and it helped me sleep.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Please pray for us tonight. Thanks.

The cheesecake came out AWESOME. Holy cow, this is SO easy. It's totally the way I'm making it from now on.

Now I have a potroast in the pressure cooker. I swear, this gadget may well save my life.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Last night was NOT fun. I'm praying, praying, praying that we might the right decision. I don't know if we did. God, I hope we did. I swear to heavens, I might get an ulcer from this parenting business.
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Hugs chickie.. I wish I could help other than keep you in my prayers..
                          Karin

Comment

• Praying for you all.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• decisions made with love, generally work themselves out. Praying for ya
                              Chris
                              Unknown

Comment

• Finally got a little bit of sleep and am feeling better. The social worker took DH aside last night and said that we had to take care of ourselves and that he had to make me get some sleep. I wake up in the night worried that middle guy is not alright. All I want to do is go in and make sure he is breathing, make sure he is okay. I stay vigilant like that until he gets up at 5:30. I was telling this to our therapist last night when she called later to make sure I was okay, and she said I'm just like most new moms (my babies are just bigger).

DH is going out of town for an entire week. I hope I can keep it all together.

So, eating wise. Monday I "fell" (head first and fast) into a bunch of Easter candy. Tuesday, I started feeling nauseated. I can tell I'm hungry (my stomach growls and hurts), but I have absolutely no appetite (it was this way the week both my grandparents died). So, basically I drink water, have a small snack around 2, and then a normal dinner with the family. You knows ironic about this? This is the eating pattern I've been trying to force forever now. Perhaps something good will come out of all this trauma.

And my pressure cooker? Pretty sure it's saving my life.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X