No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• even through the exhaustion, it is wonderful to hear your adventures, welcome to mommiehood.

The cheesecake will be a breeze, and I always plan on a topping of some sort (usually a slightly sweetened creme fraiche) to cover the cracks, which is really about the only thing that goes wrong. Do go easy on flavorings, they can quickly overpower.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Wheeeeeeee...the mommy roller coaster has begun!! You are doing great!! Hang on for a great ride. Have fun spring break!!!
      Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The track meet got moved from 9 am to noon. Only in NM would they make this kind of change the DAY OF THE MEET. It's not like we're having weather or anything. Grrr. We're supposed to start driving tonight.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• Exactly the kind of thing they do for school sports events. Especially when they are the first day of spring break. So sorry.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• My guy did GREAT. He shaved a second off his time and came in second. Very proud.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Wow a whole second is really impressive.
              Chris
              Unknown

Comment

• Exciting!! Love it!
                Karin

Comment

• Yep. As if I had anything to do with it :-)

A few hours in the trip. So far, so good. The long car ride is difficult for three very active guys, but they are trying hard not to kill each other and are hunting me and my pictures. Hooray for technology and a rental suburban that has outlets :-) they swam like fish in the pool last night to burn off energy.

I finally had a good eating day. Traveling makes that easier for me.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Once when I had stopped at a rest stop I saw a dad having his kids racing up and down a hill there. I used to walk mine around the whole rest stop and do some bend and stretch things. Once they got older they watched movies, my SIL gave them a portable DVD player with 2 screens, and then they didn't want to stop. Now they just want to get there, so the fewer stops the better. But we have been doing long trips for most of their life, flying being too pricey for the whole family and the in-laws being a 17 hour drive away.
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Whew, we made it. We're all alive and in one piece. The guys had never been in a car for more than 1 hour, so this was asking a lot of them. They did good until about 5 hours into the second day. DH stops so much (really, he does) and they couldn't take much more. They just wanted to be HERE. Honestly, though, they did good. They hit the pool as soon as we got here.

Not sure what we have planned for today. The grocery store for sure -- we're all already tired of eating out. My stomach is already a bit grumpy. I know I can't do really low calorie days right now, but I'm trying for days which are alternating "light" (I'm hoping to skip one or two meals today -- the guys will eat the game -- good/easy reason for me to skip). If I don't eat, it totally freaks out the guys -- I do better to try and load up on the salad and have a plate full.

Tonight is the Jazz/Lakers game down in Salt Lake. Even the guy that doesn't really like sports is excited. Live games are actually gun, even if you don't like sports. We're trying to see if they can take snowboarding lessons (we're at the very end of the snow season, so it's iffy).
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Have a great time!
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Sounds like soooo much fun!!!!
                          Karin

Comment

• eeeee, I saw you were tagged in one of the boys facebook shot, that makes me so happy. That and his comment! You are doin' good girl!
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• I saw it too!! How cool was that. You have got to post a followup to the game girl!
                              Karin

Comment

• Spring break was good, but egads, I'm tired. Have a kid lying to me and today I don't have the mental fortitude to figure out how to deal with this in a loving, teachable way. May not deal with it until I'm in a better frame of mind.
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X