• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• you are earning that super mom cape take your vitamins and fish oil
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thinking of you and hoping you have enough chance to take note of the happy moments in these crazy busy days.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Well, another stressful day. DH may lose his job. Either mom or I accidentally locked him out of the house, making him late for a training he was hosting. He did not have his cell phone. His company is known for terminations with little cause, and his boss has been looking for a reason to get rid of him, because he works from home and the rest of his group (in Atlanta) does not (and his boss deeply desires to work from home). Just when I went part time Keep us in your prayers, if you will. We can obviously be okay with this change, but I think it is very difficult for a guy's psyche to have such a thing happen.
        -- Ruth

Comment

• oh no, how awful. I will keep ya'll in prayer. Hopefully they will see the asset he is and realize everyone is human- stuff happens that we can not control.
          Karin

Comment

• Oh No. Praying.
            Primal since 9/24/2010
            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• OMG! How many stresses can you take? Praying hard.
              Chris
              "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
              Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Trust that the best will come out of this. It may not be what was expected, but trust that it will be good. Real life is bumpy! Feeling for you right now though. Ouch!

Comment

• Thanks for all the well wish, both about my picture from last week and the stress of this week. If I can crop the picture, I'll try to post it....I'm not allowed to post anything with our boys (but our boys can post to their hearts content...go figure).

What a week. Two boys in track = super duper busy. I am SO tired...but of course, my body still wakes up between 4:30 and 5 everyday.

Okay, I'm surely going to offend some teachers here...but I'm going to throw this out. My guy didn't dress out for pe this week (who knows why...gotta talk to him) and they gave him a 0 for the entire week. Seriously? He participates actively and he gets a 0 for not dressing out???? Second, in math, they are having 7th graders do statistics. I'm talking sample sizes, population, standard deviation calculations. I'm going to say this is stupid. My guy still struggles with basics, particularly pre-algebra. And the state of NM wonders why our kids struggle? I truly do not think they need statistics at this point -- they need foundation, foundation, foundation. And, finally, in NM, you only need Ds to pass high school. Seriously????????? Okay, now that I've probably offended everyone in the universe, I shall stop.

Finally, my middle school guy's track meet went until 10 pm last night. It started at 3. What kind of silly nonsense is that????? He was literally shaking he was so cold. He was not the only kid who was so very cold. I knew he was cold when he took the blanket I had in the car. And a long sleep shirt I was wearing. And my gloves.

We bought a used pool table. Should be fun

I need to finish my taxes. We owe. A lot. I mean a lot. Sigh.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Hey, guess what? Not offended!

School:
                    Every state is different. Is he in 7th grade math or preA. ? I know with 6th grade math they do statistics with even box and whisker plots (talk about a waste of time IMHO as a former math teacher). What is taught is determined by state standards and or how the common core standards are interpreted. You also need to keep in mind, teachers do not select what we have to teach. A lot is determined by, get this, people who are not educators. As for PE, not dressing out and getting a zero is common for the day of not dressing out. Have you talked to the PE teacher? Further, is the school aware the kids are in the middle of an adoption process and although it's a happy thing, it's stressful just the same and that may show at school?

Sports:
                    At least it was a Friday night. We have soccer games that go way past 9pm on a school night. 10 is ridiculous though. Did they not provide sweat suits for the track kids? I thought that was part of the uniform.

2 things you can not escape: death and taxes..

Always in your corner sistah!!!
                    Karin

Comment

• Ruth, I won't bother to reiterate what Karin says, but I will second her statements. What I will tell you is that my son had a HORRIBLE time with basic math and statistics, but once he got into the higher math where it is concepts and they can use a calculator he was an absolute whiz. What I am saying is that it is very likely to get better, especially with DH there to help him get through it.

We owe money every year, and it is enough to choke a horse (I have no idea where that description came from). My hubs justifies it to himself that at least the government wasn't holding our money, thus keeping us from earning on it (not that we can earn that much on it now a days). Plus this year, even though our insurance premiums have doubled (and our benefits seriously reduced), there was an additional $1,500 we had to pay to cover our share of the Affordable Care Act. http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/or...8c8d279cd1.jpg
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Not offended either. Teachers are often told what they have to teach. In English and math, they are pushing more difficult things into lower grades. So stupid.

They don't even learn the parts of a sentence anymore, so when I diagram a sentence in Spanish, they look at me like I am crazy.

So glad I do not have sports kids.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I missed wishing you a happy birthday yesterday!!!! It was the 5th right??

Hope it was awesome!
                          Karin

Comment

• Oh man, me too, sorry, got so busy talking about when the birthdays were I didn't pay attention to the fact that it was actually yours. Hope you had a fun day.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• No worries. I'm rather forgetful about birthdays, myself. In my family, they were not a big deal. In DH's family, they were HUGE. Anyway, it was a wonderful day. Didn't do much, but that is usually enjoyable. Hung out with my boys, checked out a power gym we might join as a family, send DH and the boys away and hung out with mom, rearranged furniture due to the pool table, had steak for dinner. Just having the boys was extra special.

Other than that, still feeling tired. Seems like I can never get caught up. Maybe some day.......
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Happy Belated Birthday!
                                Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

Working...
                                X