No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good call. I would have gone the other way, thinking of my crockpot. This makes sense, though!
    -- Ruth

Comment

• Last time I made jerky I used a hot marinade and added merlot to it. Wicked good and fast. You just dip the meat in a hot marinade for ~1 minute and then set it to dry. Got a good recipe and info from MDA. Enjoy!

Comment

• Hot as in spicy hot or it was warm? Sounds good...
        -- Ruth

Comment

• We do ours by layering it with sir filters and strapping that to a box fan, setting it up in the basement for a day or so. I got the recipe from chowstalker...Gallery - chowstalker
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I saw the box fan method, but it looked too hard (and can't find a box fan this time of year to save my soul!). I did think it was interesting, though. I also thought about the oven, but felt like it wasted to much energy. Of course, I probably paid for the energy in the dehydrator, so not sure I came out ahead

158.8 today (up .2). Not unexpected. Yesterday was my high calorie day and I had to weigh 2 hours early (which does make a difference). C'est la vie. I could see me telling my boss that I couldn't pick her up when she wanted, because it interferes with my daily weigh in

Challenging day, work wise and food wise. I won't get enough fluid. I'll have to eat out, and there are not always great choices, just better choices. But, that too is part of life and my job, so I have to learn to deal with it!

Enough wining. I'm hoping to get home before dark so I can take the dogs for a walk. Catch up with you all later.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• Hope today is a successful day regardless.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• well the meat stuck to the filters so we are going to try a plan b this time, if it doesn't work then I will go with the dehydrator. I really liked how moist it turned out though.

good luck with all your challenges today.
                Chris
                "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                  Hope today is a successful day regardless.
                  +1
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The marinade was heat hot, as in not spicy. The meat takes on the flavors really quickly and it kills any bacteria is the thought. I laid mine directly on the oven racks and set the oven on 200 with convection fan. Thought it would make a big mess, but not. The few drips quickly wiped out of the oven since it did not get very hot. It was so good, my daughter and I ate most of it before it was completely done. We could not keep our hands out of the oven!

Comment

• I'm craving the jerky. Hurry dehydrator, hurry!

I'm so embarrassed. I did not do myself proud today. I came home and let myself fall face first into the tin of pork rinds. Not one pork rind, but lots of pork rinds. Too much fat, not enough protein, too much salt, questionable meat sourcing quality. Sigh. I know that during PMS I want crunchy, salty, fatty, but I usually direct my efforts to better foods. I didn't want to admit this publicly, but what's the point of a journal if I'm not going to be honest?

The scale will reflect this tomorrow. But, it's just one day in a long horizon of days. It too shall pass, and my weight will once again go on the downhill slide. As long as I don't keep eating and eating and eating, I can move past it.
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• I consider pork rinds a necessary evil during PMS week. I just try to choose ones that are only pork skin and salt. I have half a bag in the kitchen, but I am trying to IF. I could almost taste them when I read your post.
                        Primal since 9/24/2010
                        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Comment

• I have not gotten started on pork rinds, sounds like that is probably a good thing. I do crave the particular kind of crunch that tend only come from carby things. Currently though, the raw almonds seem to do the trick, luckily. Of course I am not dealing with PMS or TOM. I think I may be done, I am going longer and longer between and they are shorter and shorter when they come. I am wondering if being Primal has helped make this such an easy transition. It seems to just be going away, weird.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• OMG I can't wait to stop my periods. I probably have a while yet. My Mom was 50.

I have a copper IUD, so my periods can be heavy and painful. It is the only choice for me as I can't do hormones. Even so, I love it because there is nothing to think about.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010

Comment

• 159.2 (+.4). In the words of Chris, Rats!!!! I could wait another two hours, and it will probably be down another .2 or so, but I'm THIRSTY (wonder why). The pork rinds disrupted my sleep. I woke up at midnight feeling very sick to my stomach. Woke up again at 4 am with a stomach ache. Lesson learned! I'm most disappointed that I gave into stress eating. But, it's over. I'll work to learn from it. I just need to be a bit more aware when I'm stressed (for some odd reason, I didn't want to admit to myself that I was stressed!).

I can't wait until my periods stop. Of course, I say that, and we are still trying for kids (at my advanced age!). My periods are WAY better on primal/paleo, especially if I eat well during PMS week.

My dehydrator gets here today. I should have marinated some meat yesterday. I'm also thinking of some dried zucchini, perhaps with the Ranch Dressing dry mix.
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• It's early. I couldn't sleep. I should be doing my LHTs or running sprints. Instead, I'm surfing on the internet. I saw a blog where someone shredded the zucchini, dehydrated it, then stored the shreds for quick use in soups, stews, etc. Now, that's an idea! Wonder if the crunchy dried bits would also be good as a crunchy topping for soups (you know, like the crackers we used to eat). Hmmm...
                                Last edited by RMS123; 01-20-2012, 05:31 AM. Reason: spelling
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X