No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agreed. We are very big on life skills. I usually have the boys help me cook (they are my prep chefs). I was going to have them cook a meal a week, but right now, it's too much. BUT, starting this summer, my boys will each be cooking on a regular basis. The good news is that they do their laundry. And clean their own bathroom. And load the dishes (I LOVE to cook, but I abhor dishes).

SO exhausted. I cannot imagine if I were trying to do this and work like I used to (cue hysterical laughter here). Would.not.work. But, yesterday was nice. I snuck in a nap (that is a major luxury these days!), went to the grocery store (I would not win mom of the year with that cart full of stuff, made dinner, made a pie for mom, got dressed up (including nylons and heals!), went to a track meet (all dressed up)(got to catch the 2 events my guy was running and give him snacks), went to mom's graduation (caught the entire thing), ran to pick up my guy from track meet, went to dollar store for decorations, got said decorations up before mom got home, had pie, collapsed in bed.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• welcome to momdom! I can tell you from the other side you will actually miss these days when they are off to college.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Feeling a bit down today -- a lot of it is TOM and hormones. Others, well, yesterday was a big day. Meeting grandma and uncle. Grandma really liked me (this is not surprising - old people love me - if I change careers, it will be to work with this population). I know they felt better. And my boys were happy. I cried while talking to grandma. The two younger boys didn't know what to do with me

We also caused a few triggers in one of our boys yesterday. Grrr. Not that triggers won't happen -- they will -- but it would have been nice if we could have avoided stepping into them so soon after the move (which has plenty of its own emotional baggage) and not compound an already emotional day. Sigh. This guy has a real poker face and it's hard to know if things are okay with him, but we'll try to watch closely.

My oldest posted a picture of us on FB. I hate me in it. Hate, hate, hate. Did I mention that I hate me in the picture? [It's not the best one of my two boys, because none of us wanted that picture] I didn't want to share it, but how do you not accept the tag that your son posts of you when he's happy and excited? I want to cry every time I look at it. How did I end up with these 40 lb back on? How? I feel hopeless and lost. I had thought, when I found Paleo, I had hit the holy grail. And, it helped a lot in certain respects, but amazingly enough, you can still have a ton fat (I deleted "be fat" -- trying to stop that kind of talk of myself) and eat pretty good (not perfect, but generally very good). I feel like giving up, although I won't.

Anyway, lots of cooking and whatnot today. It's cold and cloudy, which doesn't contribute to positively toward my mood
        -- Ruth

Comment

• I saw the pic on Facebook and loved loved loved it!! I wondered if that was her family. How nice it was to meet them and see the whole picture. As for triggers, it's hard to know what they are. About all you can do is encourage communication. Let the boys know y'all are not perfect and do not intentionally step into areas they are uncomfortable. Are all the boys in therapy?

As for the fat? I did not see it. I saw a mom, a dad and her wonderful boys. Until things settle, there will be those ups and downs. Remember we are in this together. Did you take your vitamins and fish oil? Love yourself, be good to yourself. I hear you about thinking you found the holy grail. I did too.. I am at ground zero and looks like you are my company and you know what?? It's ok. We are ok. You can do this. We can do this together.

I added some more items to pintrest about freezer meals you might check out as well as some crock pot ideas. Did you get a larger crock pot
          Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Gosh I am with Karin, I loved the pic. You won't do the things you need to do if you don't learn to love yourself and the way you are right now while still striving to be a healthier better version. You are an absolutely amazing woman with a lovely family, you are doing fantastically. Go easy on yourself.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I wonder if the boys would help you with the garden? What if you did garden boxes (it's what I am doing). On pintrest there we an. Easy way to. Do garden boxes with small pools. That is what we are going to do. I am not good at building boxes, so we are going to do some ready made boxes
              Karin

Comment

• Thanks, ladies. I had a good cry (who knows why, but sometimes it sure does feel good) and I feel better. Still don't like the way I look, but feeling better. I really, really, really appreciate my internet friends. It helps a lot, especially on days like today.

We have an awesome therapist. The boys each see her weekly and we talk to her every day or every other day. She also works with us as a family about once a month or so (this is hard to schedule, but we try. should we easier when the social worker visits slow down). There's no doubt, with their past, that therapy needs continue until they graduate from high school (and probably beyond).

I saw all of your pins Unfortunately, I think my HOA will veto such a thing. Maybe a garden next year. I'm not sure I have the energy for it this year. If we lived closer, I'd just come over and share your garden, Karin
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Hoa?? Feeling dense..

I would happily share my garden. I wish y'all lived closer too.
                  Karin

Comment

• You, the picture and his caption are beautiful.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Home Owners Assn.

Totally agree with P, love that he tagged you too, pretty sure my kids never have.
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• Oh ok.. No the pins I was talking about we're freezer and crock pot meals not the garden ones. Lol
                        Karin

Comment

• We tend to be our own worst critics. I am sure no one, but you, sees your picture in the negative way you do.

I know that I had to accept myself as I was, along with realizing I might always be obese, before I could find success. Coming to that realization helped me grasp, to the core of my being, that what I weighed/how I looked had nothing to do with who I am. It was very freeing.

It's not always a success only journey. However, remembering my real self-worth/value helps me get back on track.

I would love to see the facebook picture.

Comment

• I read something the other day you might appreciate.

Don't tell yourself you are fat. You have fat. You have fingernails but you are not a fingernail.

As for paleo being the magic formula, remember that stress really affects things. You are eating way better than you might have been in the past.
                            Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Busy several days between work and mom duties, so I'll be scarce until Thursday or Friday. Thinking of you all!!!
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Just got a chance to catch up with your journal. What wonderful, exciting times. Thinking of you on your new adventure.

Comment

Working...
                                X