No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh, we did the nuts like that for a track meet, and middle guy and his track mates loves it. I'll have to try that!!!!!!!!!!!

I know this is not so good, but I was thinking of a chex mix. I won't be able to it with the gluten (maybe I'll stay out it..........)
    -- Ruth

Comment

• We used to make a mix that they called the Hackensnack (using our last name). I used nuts and seeds, reasonable cereals, M&M's, and chocolate chips and mixed it all together in a 2 gallon zip lock baggie and would send it whenever we had to do the snacks for a church or athletic or school event.
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh, yeah, Chris. That's a totally good idea!!!!!!!!!!!
        -- Ruth

Comment

• a little bit of chocolate makes the reasonable stuff more palatable. Fast and easy too.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Oh girl!!! Slow down, if you can and breathe! Lol

Carbs are your friends with those boys. I like the bowls of in season fruit out as well.

Yeah for your mom!!! Exciting. Sounds like you are going to gave quite the ride this weekend.

I gad to laugh at the boys grocery list!!
            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• TGIF. Seriously. I am TIRED.

Last night was my mom's pinning ceremony (every RN gets a pin from their college). It was beautiful. My mom was glowing. I almost cried. I'm like a proud mama. I always say, my oldest is just about graduated from college

So you guys know I'm an introvert. I LOVE my life, love my new family, love spending time with them all...but, it's been hard. DH also works from home and mom is home a lot. I can't remember the last time I had more than 1/2 hour by myself (well, I guess driving in the car to Santa Fe this week). This morning, I'm going to Walmart. All.by.myself. That's my excitement for the day.

My three boys have girls pursuing them at all times. As in, they call, they text, they FB message, they stop by the house. I told the boys that I was going to get a shotgun (I'm actually a very good shot) to help beat back all of these girls. Goodness gracious.

Tomorrow, we're meeting the boys' uncle and grandma. Feeling nervous, which is funny. The adoption is hard for them; I hope we can give them some measure of comfort. They already know that we don't restrict communication, which I know they have really liked. Because they are important to my boys, I want it to be an amicable relationship (it's a safe relationship and has been vetted over the last several years, because above all else, safety (emotional and physical) is my priority).

So, today. I've got to go to the grocery store, do laundry (surprisingly hard with 6 people in the house!), get ready for graduation, make dinner, go to middle guy's track me for a few hours, and run to graduation. DH will likely have to leave graduation early to pick up middle guy (this meet is scheduled to go short -- typical, on a night when it would be more handy for it to take more time).
              -- Ruth

Comment

• I believe that your type of situation is what inspired the "Calgon take me away commercials" or are you too young to remember them?

I am going to suggest a corner in a room with a very comfy (physically and mentally) chair, with a small table next to it. Keep a book or your nook there, a light, and an ipod with a meditation tape. I have this and I am an extrovert! A small doorknob sign that says something like "Ruth is recharging, please do not disturb" would also be helpful.
                Chris
                Unknown

Comment

• My dad and step mom have a fairly open adoption with the kids' mother- that did not work out well. However, they are in contact with natural brothers and sisters even though they live far away. Its just something to monitor like you are doing.

Originally posted by demuralist View Post
                  I believe that your type of situation is what inspired the "Calgon take me away commercials" or are you too young to remember them?

I am going to suggest a corner in a room with a very comfy (physically and mentally) chair, with a small table next to it. Keep a book or your nook there, a light, and an ipod with a meditation tape. I have this and I am an extrovert! A small doorknob sign that says something like "Ruth is recharging, please do not disturb" would also be helpful.
                  Yes! Just for your own sanity. Let me just say, I RELISH the time I can run errands, go shopping or even stay in my book and read ALONE.
                  Karin

Comment

• Congrats to Mom!

I am seriously tired today too. Can't wait for the day to end.
                    Primal since 9/24/2010
                    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• me three.. I would love a nap.
                      Karin

Comment

• I have had 2 amazing nights sleep (had to take pain relievers from painting the floor and brush painting the walls), so oddly, I am feeling pretty good right now. It is early yet though, I don't usually crash till around 3:30 or 4.
                        Chris
                        Unknown

Comment

• Chris, I most definitely remember those Calgon commercials!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          -- Ruth

Comment

• Funny that even then mom's need for quiet time was so universal.
                            Chris
                            Unknown

Comment

• We have encouraged our daughter to have as many family connections as possible. It has all worked out well for us. I hope it will be the same for you. One major thing that was good is that our daughter came to realize that even though her parents are major f-ups, the rest of the family is fairly normal and even smart. Lots of doctors and chiropractors. Plus these people may help you when least expected and much needed. You may wonder why or how these people let whatever go on that has happened with your boys, but understand that they may not have known the extent of the problems or how to fix them.

Comment

• Ruth, i know it is early days yet, but having the boys be part of the meal planning and preparation will prepare them for adult life. Maybe each one could have a night that they choose the menu and help prepare the meal. It would give them a good understanding of what it takes to feed six people.

Life skills. That is what you can help them learn.
                                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Working...
                                X