No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I tagged you in fb with some great looking recipes. I think the boys will like them
    Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Laser tag is not my thing. These guys laugh at how bad I am at this tough. At least I provide comic relief.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Sounds like fun!!! Great bonding time
        Karin

Comment

• darn, I hate when I try a new recipe and it is a fail, so frustrating.

yep, being really bad at something like that is usually more fun than being ok at it, though being great at it is the most fun. I fall into the really bad end of the spectrum on laser tag.
          Chris
          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
          Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• I think the guys had a good time. I came in 3rd (out of 4) in mini golf I told the guy who lost that I knew he just didn't want me to feel bad

I have my green chile jerky in the dehydrator. Strained my broth and have it cooling in the 'fridge. I've been to the grocery store and all of the guys have had breakfast. Oh, yeah, I've also had my vitamins!

Today - lots of friends coming over and getting two of the guys shoes.
            Tomorrow - meeting with youngest guy's core teachers.
            Tuesday - youngest guy's lawyer comes over (he cancelled on Friday).
            Wednesday - social worker comes over, I teach class, and youngest guy goes to church.
            Thursday - mom's cousin and husband arrive and mom's nursing school pinning.
            Friday - middle guy's track meet and mom's graduation (at the same time, of course).
            Saturday - Ruth collapses in a puddle.
            -- Ruth

Comment

• I thought the 3 boys were brothers..they aren't ?
              Karin

Comment

• They are. He just has a different attorney (don't ask me why -- they are appointed by the state when they turn 14 and he just turned 14).
                -- Ruth

Comment

• I did not realize each kid has an attorney. What is there purpose exactly ( so ignorant in this process- sorry)
                  Karin

Comment

• Originally posted by athomeontherange View Post
                    I did not realize each kid has an attorney. What is there purpose exactly ( so ignorant in this process- sorry)
                    They help support the kids interests in any legal proceedings. They can help with adoption process as well.

Comment

• Trust me, there's a lot to this process and there's so much we still don't know.

They see the judge every 3 months or so. Not sure what really happens there, but it does. Such a convoluted lives these kids live when in the system!
                      -- Ruth

Comment

• Sorry, I have forgotten how old they are. Do you have a senior sophomore and a 9th grader?
                        Chris
                        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
                        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Reading the new Mama Chronicles with interest. I worked my boys hard this weekend with spring cleaning.
                          Primal since 9/24/2010
                          "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                          MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Today, my heart aches. Last night was a hard night for one of my guys. It's not fair the life they have been forced to live up to now. I'm mad at the decisions other made that resulted in them ever being in the system. I'm mad at a system that tries hard to take care of these kids, but largely ends up failing them. I'm mad that I'm not a better parent. I'm mad that I can't magically erase pain that no kid their age should ever know. I'm thankful for a strong, kind, caring, and ever-resilient kid. I'm thankful that this guy has formed a bond strong enough with my DH to trust him with big and powerful things. I'm thankful for DH being the parent he is. I'm thankful for an awesome therapist that is always there for this guy and our family. And I'm thankful that if these crappy things happened to our guys and the past is what it is, that we get to be part of their lives for such a brief time. I pray that we can be everything they deserve, be what they need. I'm awed and inspired by all three of these guys on a daily basis. I'm so scared that we are not what they need; that our love is not enough; that we don't know enough to be what they need.

Today I'm exhausted. And I have a sinus headache. And DH was snoring so bad when he finally did make it to bed. I pray I stay out of the kitchen and the bag of chocolate chips in the freezer calling my name.
                            -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                              Today, my heart aches. Last night was a hard night for one of my guys. It's not fair the life they have been forced to live up to now. I'm mad at the decisions other made that resulted in them ever being in the system. I'm mad at a system that tries hard to take care of these kids, but largely ends up failing them. I'm mad that I'm not a better parent. I'm mad that I can't magically erase pain that no kid their age should ever know. I'm thankful for a strong, kind, caring, and ever-resilient kid. I'm thankful that this guy has formed a bond strong enough with my DH to trust him with big and powerful things. I'm thankful for DH being the parent he is. I'm thankful for an awesome therapist that is always there for this guy and our family. And I'm thankful that if these crappy things happened to our guys and the past is what it is, that we get to be part of their lives for such a brief time. I pray that we can be everything they deserve, be what they need. I'm awed and inspired by all three of these guys on a daily basis. I'm so scared that we are not what they need; that our love is not enough; that we don't know enough to be what they need.
                              This tells me you are what the boys need most. Empathy, caring and compassion. You have written what most moms feel. Hang in there. Time is needed to heal as well.

As for the chocolate chips? WHAT chocolate chips, hmmm??? lol grab some fruit and call it good.
                              Karin

Comment

• oh, and take your vitamins
                                Karin

Comment

Working...
                                X