No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds pretty typical. For me some of the best things happen during the chauffeuring. Especially if there are a few kids in the car and they forget you are there. Oh the things they say, i just needed to remember to just listen cause as soon as I would say something they remembered I was there and it changed the conversation.

The malls around here prohibited teens at the mall without adults for a while. Not sure how they enforced it or if it is still the case. My kids always hated the mall.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• As far as I can tell, the teens here are allowed at the mall. He's going with a girl (who is not his girlfriend), so that probably explains it?

I also forgot to mention, we are hangout central. Partly because my guys are restricted (foster ules), and partly because they appear to think our house is clean and neat enough for friends to come over (I think it's a tornado as we are still moving stuff around and trying to find homes for things), the friends all come over here. Yesterday, we took one of the guys to the dog park. The boys went to play soccer on the grassy field. The friend took off his shoes...and stepped into a pile of thistles. Brought him home, had my mom (the nurse) pick some out. Sigh, my first outing with friends I get one of them minorly injured. Boys....

I also wasn't planning to go to said dog park (I had a nap in mind), but youngest guy requested my presence. But, as DH and I were discussing, we said we wanted to be big parts of their lives. That means actually spending time with them. And, my presence (other than as a chauffeur) probably won't be requested for very long, so I should enjoy it all now!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• Sleep is highly overrated, or so I had to keep telling myself from the birth of the first till the youngest went off to college.
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Pace yourself though. Sleep is so important! As a mom, nobody realizes when you get up 1-2 hrs before everyone else to get the day ready, so be sure to get your rest or you may find yourself crying in the corner and not even know why! I tend not to nap but will go to bed at 7PM when I'm tired.

Comment

• Maybe buy cheaper cuts of meat, like ground beef, stew meat, cube steaks and whole chickens. I tend do buy my beef that way bc it's less per pound and save buying steaks until they're on sale.
            Family of 6 here so I know what you mean. I do the same mom thing w the protein, making sure the kids and hubby have enough first
            K

Comment

• Busy, Busy Mom. Take care of yourself.

Take a look at the Perfect Health Diet. It is built more around starch and veggies with moderate protein. I am eating about 75-100 grams daily 25 of which is in gelatin powder.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Ruth, hangout central is a very good thing because then you know where your kids are and who their friends are. Worth every penny for snacks for that sort of peace of mind.
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• Sounds like you are doing great mom!!!
                  Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• Thanks, all. P, I will take another look at PHD. I'm also going to dig out my PN stuff, much of which is common sense and instills good habits (can fit well with Paleo/Primal/PHD). I have been getting like 30-40 g of protein a day -- much too low for me!

Going to pick a day and give this a try. I think I complain - A LOT. http://whole9life.com/2014/03/articl...t-complaining/
                    -- Ruth

Comment

• I just read that article on complaining and was thinking I know I do..
                      Karin

Comment

• My oldest guy's girlfriend broke up with him today. On top of 2 grueling days of state testing, and all of the emotions that go with the big move to us, this was pretty rough. He was crying. I was almost crying because he was so hurt. My heart aches for him. He feels so strongly. And, I think this is more difficult given the numerous losses in his short life. It's days like today where I realize that my weight is such an unimportant construct in the grand meaning of my life.

My youngest guy bonked heads playing soccer. Pretty sure we're going to see some bruising there.

Our social worker comes over tonight.

Rough day in the RMS household!
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• Oh wow! Ya know, you are going to find thus all pretty normal in not to long. Sorry about the bruised heads and hearts at your house though.
                          Karin

Comment

• Awwww. Poor boys.
                            Primal since 9/24/2010
                            "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
                            MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• "That which does not kill us makes us stronger" says Conan the barbarian. Make some comfort food. Cookies even. All will be well. Get some rest!

Comment

• Things did get better.

My middle school math skills are rusty. Good thing DH's are better. And hooray for google!!!!

I'm tired today. Is it Friday yet?
                                -- Ruth

Comment

Working...
                                X