No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, this makes me tearful, congrats to you and your growing family.

Does the foster family get visits, or do you think that would make matters worse? You would expect challenges to discover boundaries since they haven't had a chance to grow into them so to speak. You've got this.
    Chris
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
    Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• You guys are going to make me cry. I'm so excited for this new journey in our lives.

One of the guys sent me a FB request and classified me as family. Now that almost made me cry.

Happy, happy.

Of course, I'm eating my way through my emotions...need to work on that!!
      -- Ruth

Comment

• AHHHHH! the FB thing is HUGE!!!!!!! Totally crying now.

Hey you are not allowed to eat happy emotions if you also feed stress, gotta pick one and this is not it!
        Chris
        "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
        Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• For guys who have a hard time trusting, I think it's big. I hope we do not betray that fragile trust, though we all know we'll be making a lot of mistakes.

On another note, I'm in awe of folks who are feeding their family totally paleo and/or primal all the time. Man, it's a challenge and I've barely just started. Also, note to self. There won't be a lot of stuff like meatballs. My family eats way too much for me to do that kind of stuff!
          -- Ruth

Comment

• Casseroles with salad will be your friend. One dish meals, or things that allow everyone to dress their own, i.e. tacos, chili, fondue, salad bars.
            Chris
            Unknown

Comment

• So happy for you. I am excited that we are on this journey with you in some small way.
              Primal since 9/24/2010
              "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
              MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• Originally posted by Pebbles67 View Post
                So happy for you. I am excited that we are on this journey with you in some small way.
                My thoughts exactly!
                Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

• You guys are so sweet. No doubt, every one will get tired about hearing my parenting adventures
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• Originally posted by RMS123 View Post
                    You guys are so sweet. No doubt, every one will get tired about hearing my parenting adventures
                    Not likely

And as far as food goes, just do your best and be proud! 3 teen boys eat mass quantities! Remember rice and potatoes are your friend with boys in the house!

Comment

• Plus you can utilize the pressure cooker or slow cooker to make cheap cuts of meat delectable!

It is much more likely that you will get tired of our advice regarding parenting teens than that we will get tired of hearing of your adventures in parenting!
                      Chris
                      Unknown

Comment

• I LOVE my pressure cooker and crock pot. Looking at this for my birthday....Amazon.com: Instant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior, 6-Quart/1000-watt, Latest 3rd Generation Technology: Kitchen & Dining

Headed to the dollar store so we can find a "welcome home" sign. I hope they like it
                        -- Ruth

Comment

• ooo, so jealous. Never had a pressure cooker, now that the kids are gone it doesn't seem necessary.

how sweet, a welcome home sign. Is it today??!!??? I can't stand it!
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• That insta pot looks sweet. I was checking into those last week. They were out of stock too, if that s any indication of a good product. Enjoy your day and take lots of pictures. If all goes as hoped, these pics will be important in their future.

Comment

• I go in phases with my pressure cooker, but I do love it. I think the instapot sounds divine

Lots of pictures on deck. The guys roll their eyes, but I know they like it -- when I was showing the therapist, they all crowded in here to see. Wish I could post some pics of my handsome guys, but foster care rule prohibit such.

My middle guy has a track meet tomorrow. It will be our first parenting event
                              -- Ruth

Comment

• Omg that made me smile. What event does he run?
                                Chris
                                Unknown

Comment

Working...
                                X