No announcement yet.

Primal Journal (RMS)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The social worker says 80% sure. The therapist says 99%. She's a force to be reckoned with, so I'm going with 99%

I love salads. I'm known for my salads because I put so much good stuff in them.
    -- Ruth

Comment

• yep me too, but I work to put in as few things that need to be cut up as possible (i.e. cherry tomatoes, nuts, seeds, craisins, etc)
      Chris
      "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
      Unknown

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread36279.html

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Very exciting, Ruth.
        Primal since 9/24/2010
        "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
        MFP username: MDAPebbles67

Comment

• So far, another nice weekend.

This salad (Muffaletta Salad | theclothesmakethegirl) was a HUGE hit, particularly with Mr. Smart (middle guy). Even Mr. Charm (oldest guy) liked it. Mr. Sport (youngest guy) enjoyed it, though he picked out the cauliflower

Today, I made these (Easy Recipe: Buffalo Chicken Egg Muffins). I doubled the recipe and none were left. Very good, though a bit time consuming. I also made sauteed parsnips. It's a new veggie for them all (as was the jicama in the salad the other night). Surprisingly, Mr. Charm and Mr. Sport both enjoyed them. Mr. Charm finished off the bowl. Mr. Smart didn't love them, but then again, he's mostly a fan of fresh (not cooked) veggies.

Mr. Charm and Mr. Smart have something today so we will get to spend a lot of one on one time with Mr. Sport. Later, we'll head over to the hotel for our mini (in town) vacation. I'm bringing a picnic dinner and the hotel has a hot buffet breakfast.
          -- Ruth

Comment

• So fun, I cannot tell you how happy these posts make me. You might, for future weekends, think about making a breakfast casserole that you put together the night before and just pop in the oven in the morning, it can be a very nice way to spend a Sunday morning brunch.
            Chris
            "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It is about learning to dance in the rain."
            Unknown

My "Program": doing my version of a 4:3 - 3 day fast diet with real food every day, with a little twist of anti-inflammatory mixed in.

Comment

• Good idea! Sometimes I also do one in a crockpot.

Off to the skate park....

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Marks Daily Apple Forum mobile app
              -- Ruth

Comment

• The hotel was just...ok. However, these guys are easy. We all agreed that for free, it worked. The buffet breakfast was a hit DH took the boys to the dollar theater (which is of course more than a dollar at night!) and they had fun at the movie. The boys wanted to keep the key cards as souvenirs. Today, we're doing homework and lounging. It's cold outside. I'm pretty tired. I think the emotions of the last few weeks are really catching up with me.

The boys continue to get more comfortable at the house. The youngest is 90% there. When he tells me he doesn't want to do something (homework?), then I'll know he's 100% there. The older two are getting there. The middle guy will take the longest I suspect.

We tried several new veggies this weekend: jicama, parsnips, and asparagus. They'll try anything. Bought some pate from Whole Foods. It will be interesting to see what they think of that!
                -- Ruth

Comment

• Mr. Charm commented at breakfast "Ruth, you sure don't eat very much." Well, in comparison to growing teenage boys, probably not Actually, when they are around, my mind is occupied with non-food things and it's easy to just eat when hungry/stop when full. And, other than something sweet (small) most days, we tend to eat pretty healthy, so it's all been working.
                  -- Ruth

Comment

• cute, he is worrying about you. Maybe 90% is enough if the last 10% comes with defiance
                    Chris
                    Unknown

Comment

• Taking the boys back was one of the most difficult things I've had to do. It's going to be a really long week...

-- Ruth

Comment

• Sitting here smiling ear to ear. What a wonderful weekend! The 10th is only a week away. These things seem to take forever to get going and then move so fast. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Omg after all this time it is so very close. The week will go fast I am sure you have much to keep you busy.
                          Chris
                          Unknown

Comment

• yeah!! Sounds like everyone is adjusting
                            Karin

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

What am I doing? Depends on the day.

Comment

• The week will go well enough...heading to Phoenix tomorrow. The weekend will be LONG.

-- Ruth

Comment

• I'll wave as I'm passing through Arizona. Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X